User Tag List

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    At least you had a taste of spring by seeing the flowers. My croci are underground still. I was tempted by flower seed packs (4 for $1 at BBW) but there's no point yet to buying seeds. Next month, I will indulge a little on seeds.
    I would love to start planting seeds.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still waiting for the 2 Loblaws 25$ Giftcard .It take forever to come.Hopefully next week.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

TGIF It has been a very long week. We rented a movie on demand for $3.95 since our son decided that he didn’t want to go to the one at his school this evening.

I have a drop-in kid on Monday. If she does well, then she might be coming a couple days a week.
    A lady has re-booked for the umpteenth time this week. The baby clothes have been sitting in my house since Sunday, before the snow storm.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Needed to do an impromptu stop at NF. I spent $2.67oop for 2lbs of strawberries, coleslaw, and a long English cucumber. I used $2.50 in coupons and earned 300pts. I kept the receipt in case there is a CO51 offer that ends up matching it this week.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Coupongirl, my dying machine is a kenmore, I feel old when I say they just don't make them like they used too. But I realized I never used my work anniversary points and after 20 years it a decent amount so I am using them for the washer and with points left over. With DH still not working this is one less thing to worry about
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Today on checkout51(sat)its cinnamon buns .25 and I bought hot cross buns yesterday darn -oh well I always keep my bills and even the littlest ones as you never know with this unlocked feature

-Off to Toronto again a little later this morning ,then son and his wife and girls will join us as daughter is having us all for supper ,my daughter-in-law asked me if I wished to go swimming at a pool with her and the girls on Tuesday for sure I would love that

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have a load of bedding in the wash and plans for more. I’m trying to keep my expectations reasonable. I need to strip the rest of the turkey and freeze it. Today is the coldest day in the forecast. Dh wants to do our taxes after supper tonight.

I’m already dreaming about warmer weather, when the snow is gone and the yard is dry again.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, the dryer is not tumbling. It still puts out heat and its a gas dryer so not something to mess with ourselves. We are busy next week so the 1st day I can have it looked at is Thursday. I may be using the clothes line out of necessity. I have three loads washed now and will go to the Laundromat to dry them all at the same time. There is not enough sun or wind in the day to get them dry now. But on Sunday the towels and sheets are going on the line and I have an indoor rack so we will survive. I did say I wanted to start line drying soon.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lilo0003 -I'd suggest you see if the secondhand appliance store (think there's one on Kerr St) might have a Kenmore washer worth buying for the parts you need (or Kijiji!) and repairing your machine. Or just getting a replacement machine there. Sorry to hear about the dryer acting up. I dislike laundromat dryers-the big ones don't dry much for the money needed.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did a can walk in the light snow ($1.60) and popped into Value Village Ancaster. No curtain glides like the old Sears ones but I spied a pale pink set of opaque Sears shower curtain rings for 99 cents! Looks to be the full dozen-if you need them, move on the deal!

The gray skies of yesterday and today certainly could use tea and cake but I do not have eggs. Will see if I can find some reduced price bananas to make cookies today.

An acquaintance of mine got her Loblaws card yesterday, so the mail keeps coming!

Last night, I got some cleaning done but not mending. I read a graphic novel after 5am because I woke up and could not sleep. Then back to bed. Perimenopause is a real piece of puzzling out what my body wants (brain says more cola).
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 10th, 2018 at 01:18 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

By the way, the large size Twik knit cap sleeve top fit me snugly while I wore it under a sweater yesterday. Considering that I did not try it on during the Value Village 50% off clothing sale (too busy), that was a good deal for $1. The next time I'm in Simons at Square One, I will try XL size to check fit on tops.

Had another acquaintance say favourable things about Treasure Hunt Waterdown. Definitely will be a stop on my quest to find older merchandise. Thrift stores are to home maintenance what auto wreckers yards are to DIYs fixing vehicles at home.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh won a free car wash this week. He was sent the code to use at our convenience.
    I won a free Dominos pizza to use at our local location
    I was quick to reply to an ad for pjs that would fit our son. I’d been keeping an eye out because he was down to 3 sets of pjs in his drawer. I paid $7 for 7 sets of pjs. When I picked it up the lady included about 10 pairs of socks for him to have for free. She lived in our area of the city, so that was nice too.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Still waiting for the 2 Loblaws 25$ Giftcard .It take forever to come.Hopefully next week.
    I haven’t received mine yet either.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Angela 273 -what a great clothing purchase outcome! Congrats on the wins as well!

DST clock change is ahead for many of us today. Have fun changing the clocks in your vehicles too! Don't forget any programmable light or water systems-the clocks need adjusting or manual light systems for garage lights (yes, it can be a chore to unscrew and screw the little clock arms on some dials but you will be set for 8 months).

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

washers and dryers are disposable and expensive now. I expect to get 5-6 yr from a washer. 10 from a dryer ( I hang alot!) once the kids are gone.. my dryer will last 15.... they use it more then I do ......
    I do front loader... I am short.. very short... stand on stool to get to the bottom of the washer short........ yea....

angela killer deal on the jammies!!

ok.. I listed a bunch of stuff on kijiji..... sold the chairs - 25.00... I will keep listing.

ended up at shoppers... needed a menory card for youngest camera... and she forgot her water bottle.. 77.00--- ment I got 25.00 points there.
    no frills... spent over 100.00 - 15.00 points there., plus 1.50 coupons. stocked on march break foods.
    hit foodland for my mom, her order was just over 60.00 ... used bonus airmile coupon there.

home and chill for the night.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information