User Tag List

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Happpy March break week. and what busy week.
    went to the library program.. and I will not be staying for all of it again. too rushed leaving.. and my kids were melting down.. ugh...

on the good news. My middle child has been accepted into collage. I have been busy checking things out.. moving money around... stressing . they will need to apply for osap. it is what it is .
    I will be stockpiling some RCSS gc's. as that and walmart are the 2 closest grocery stores.
    I am also going to save some of my amazon $ for them .. so i can send them care packages......

And I swear I f I hear.. mom I am 20 , I got this... one more time.... they did say I can buy towels....

my youngest child is on a huge trip with her bestie and her family. she is texting me alot. its rather nice.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My $25 Lablaws gift card arrived today. I’m still waiting for my cheques from Caddle and CO51. I also received some more coupons and my credit card bill, which is paid in full.

Tonight’s supper was hash browns, roast ham (already cooked and in the freezer), Baby carrots, and Mann’s fresh peas.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Mar 14th, 2018 at 10:24 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

DH and I both received our loblaws gc with no issue. I would not be sending them my DL info to get it. I am using them to see how much I can get for the food bank. I live in a fairly affluent city and yet the shelves are bare at the one food bank. Today I used my 4 Pantene coupons just as they were about to expire and the cashier let be use them on the combo pack so I bought 8 shampoo/conditioner for 8.00 plus tax and I earned PC points. Then I bought a case of canned tomatoes for 10.00 and earned points on that as well. I will do a big shop on Friday to maximize the gift cards.
    One child has gone to grammas until Saturday and the other has work so is home but it makes the house so quiet.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just went thru a few of my tops -so removed 3 tops that don't fit or other reasons sleeves are too tight on a knit top ,back is tight on another top one was worn out ,so I decided to go online and shop the bay 25% off -I got one 3/4 length top for me 11.24 after discount a hagger top 9.28 1pkg of 3 ralph lauren socks 16.50(since a lot of socks don't fit my size 9 feet (way to small) I figured I should spent a bit more and not be cheap and lord and taylor sleep pants 10.12 I paid 18 last xmas for the same pair -so I figured I deserve to spend the 53.27 on me as I am always buying thrift for myself or lots for the grandkids -now I can go to bed and sleep -lol don't we all deserve treats in life the extra 25% off really made my day
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Heading to the big smoke! Nice to have some time off to enjoy March break.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I have a load of bedding in the wash and plans for more. I’m trying to keep my expectations reasonable. I need to strip the rest of the turkey and freeze it. Today is the coldest day in the forecast. Dh wants to do our taxes after supper tonight.

I’m already dreaming about warmer weather, when the snow is gone and the yard is dry again.
    Today it’s suppose to be sunny with 10% of rain and 11C

I am sorry it sucks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Made banana chocolate chip muffins ,getting ready after lunch to go to daughter-in-law's as she is taking me out of town to see my girlfriends daughter's new baby boy (my daughter said to pick out the nicest used stuff from Sebastian to give to her baby)along with my new gift ,Ashlyn will be able to play with her 4 year old daughter also
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Our taxes are filed and we are both expecting a return.

Free off Facebook - I picked up 10 children’s books from a series and a Snow White and the 7 Dwarfs puzzle.

I took all of our kids with me to No Frills. I brought my own bags, as usual, flyers, and coupons. I let the kids walk around the store, help push the cart, not buckled into the cart. They had fun. Twin girl found 2 dimes on the floor. Her big brother was excited about her find. She put them in his piggy bank when we got home. We need to get the twins their own piggy banks. They each have their own education funds and personal savings accounts. I found two cans and a pop bottle next to my van in the parking lot, so I stuck them in another bag and added them to our SARCAN collection st home.
    I spent $23.51, $20 in Points, about $12 in coupons, -$0.50 CO51. I sent in a missing points inquiry.
    a quick way for your kids to get money, take a look on the ground at the drive through windows of fast food places, I accidentally discovered this when I dropped the change on the ground, I got out of my car and there was over $4.00, Toonie, Loonie and some change hahaha!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Success last night-got around to making pizza dough while I had my two chopped peppers and some carrot roasting in the toaster over (softer peppers taste better than raw). Pineapple and peppers make an ok version of toppings on pizza sauce.
    Did a quick trip to Walmart to restock on salad dressing, white sugar and bananas (love the $1 bags of reduced bananas).

Snow flurries are expected but I have only seen a random flake now and then.

This week is ideal for looking for things on the ground or collecting some litter but I discovered a field mouse in one ditch a few days ago. We both kind of backed up and looked at each other before I moved around the mouse and mouse went underground. There is one active construction site and three more potentially ready to start moving dirt around, so the wildlife probably moved down to the next relatively quiet greenspace to rehome.
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 12:03 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SavvyLady -that coin tip might be good for those times when drive-thrus are not busy. Love your coin treasure find!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

does anyone know if we get points from SDM for buying PC gift cards.... or did they get rid of that....

Iam going sto start buying gcs for middle child to help with groceries.. ...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -the PC Optimum FAQ indicates no points can be earned in the program for buying gift cards.
    https://www.pcoptimum.ca/help-and-support/faq

But I recall that someone mentioned buying gift cards at a Loblaws store as part of their grocery transaction and earned points while managing to redeem points for the transaction.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While reading today's Toronto Star paper, I saw that the paper did a taste taste of low calorie ice cream. Good to know what their impressions are:
    https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...aste-test.html

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

A young lady had made arrangements to come and pick out baby clothes earlier in the week. She then changed her mind because someone was bringing her a bunch of clothes she messaged me this morning because those clothes weren’t in good condition. She came over this afternoon. She needed sleepers. She looked through 3 large boxes and spent $5. The only good thing is that it didn’t tKe her long to actually look through the clothes. Yep...sometimes this is a lot of hassle. I really want to go bake in my kitchen, but I’ll stay at the computer and continue trudging through these teaching applications, at least until little ones wake up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Mar 15th, 2018 at 04:59 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Got my pepsi booklet of 20$ coupons.Plan to redeem the coupons and the pop at maxi this week end as I have an offer on pepsi pop
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 15 of 32 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information