User Tag List

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    I have been cat sitting for my friends who took my daughter with them to Malta. their home is so pretty. and not cluttered at all. it is encouraging me to purge ... this weekends goal is my upstairs bathroom. and the socks.... the dreaded socks......
    and the laundry room. the bathroom will not take long at all... neither will the laundry room. the socks.. well I will binge watch some tv while doing it...
    I find houses with kids belong in a totally different category of "clutter". I will have to try to get rid of the larger clutter items soon, like all the exersaucers, playpens, and extra strollers we have.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I have the spend 75.00 get 7500 points on my PCO card. This is the 3rd time since the launch of the new card and I not going to let this slip by. I do need quite a bit of produce and plan to price match the black diamond cheese to metro to bump me to 75.00.
    We finally have the older teens T4, why we need to note his income on our tax return is insane. I am just happy we can get this filed as we have money coming back.
    I took advantage of the Sobeys GC offer. I am hoping to do another low spend month in April. DH is still not working & I don't admit beyond this thread that this worries me. So we are both taking it as a personal challenge to keep expenses low.
    My new washer arrives on Saturday, paid for entirely with my work anniversary points. The dryer was reparable, so thankful for a trusted service guy.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo003 - hugs.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lilo-I was not aware of noting your child's income on our tax return-is that an Ontario or Canada thing as I don't recall seeing that and we are almost ready to submit.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Lilo-I was not aware of noting your child's income on our tax return-is that an Ontario or Canada thing as I don't recall seeing that and we are almost ready to submit.
    I am sure as DH does the taxes. It had no impact to us so seemed odd. I did not want to risk it though so we waited to submit. we used the emergency fund to bump up the RRSP contributions and this rebuilds the fund. @Giseledta thanks. I do find this thread and this blog keeps me encouraged and really gives me great ideas to stretch what we have. I am so grateful that I have a solid job and with no mortgage we really can manage with just my income. its our retirement funding that si taking a beating, We are done saving for the older child's RESP & while he is not going to school in September as he is going to do a few more HS credits not having that monthly output came at a perfect time.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Went to no frills and used my $4 Chapman’s coupon on ice cream that was on sale for $3.88. Then I also bought creamer for $ 1.88 and 18 pack of eggs for 2.88$ and total came to $4.65 for everything! I have 10 cents to spare until Wednesday is payday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Spent $100 and change between RCSS and No Frills. Redeemed $100 in PC pts and used the Loblaws gc for the pennies. Bought a few James chicken with the $4 coupon and plan to get more for the oldest and late night snacks. I even bought baby bath soap for my friend with the twins. I cleaned out the fridge when I got home and made chicken fried rice and perogies and green beans and made up Tupperware containers for the kids for dinner. Kitchen is clean

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    No, unfortunately they got rid of that. That used to really help get to the $85 redemption.
    @barbis9 : What? That used to be a thing?!
    barbis9, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-that's great a free washer for you from your work points
    -well my order came from the bay one top is going back 11.90 as it looks awful on me but I love the hagger top I paid 9.60 and its reg.55.00(wow)the socks are awesome polo ladies socks -now they cost me a bit more than I usually spend but fit my feet and so comfy as the size said ladies 9-11
    -I popped over to sobeys today to get a few items -I don't think I can do the 150 gift card a little much ,not in the funds
    -supper tonight pasta with fresh bread
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One pick-up has been rescheduled for Monday. I had $12 in sales between two people today. It was a long evening at the church, but still pretty good. I’m being my friend’s ride tomorrow, since she does not own a car.

I granbed the mail on the way home. $33.60 from CO51, two envelopes with coupons from valid product complains. One set of coupons has a long expiry whereas the other company’s coupon expires at the end of the month.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Mouse caught last night. The damage wasn't too bad. It spoilt three large boxes of Rice Krispies, a few bars of chocolate (it went for the Mars and kept away from the Lindt, interestingly), and lots of rice cakes that it used for bedding. Thank goodness the reign of the mouse is over. DH suspects that it came through the furnace room, likely through the furnace vent. When the weather gets a bit warmer, perhaps the housecats will prowl the yard again and keep the mice at bay.

DH told DD1 the mouse left the house. I suppose the garage is technically not considered part of the house. Eww.

A potluck planned for the weekend. Anyone have any ideas? The hosting family is providing the meat dish.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am not an happy camper right now...I received the e-mail for loblaw requesting more proofs of papers...I have no drivers licence and no utility bills at my name so I give up.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am not an happy camper right now...I received the e-mail for loblaw requesting more proofs of papers...I have no drivers licence and no utility bills at my name so I give up.
    No care card with picture ID or just a provincial ID? What about a stub?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

In QC we have assurance maladie card but with no adress and I will send a impot paper I think.
    But that sucks
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

early morning workout at a gym that costs $10 per month
    they are notorious for giving you trouble when you cancel so we use a separate chequing account in case we find a better deal

use the recreation center without a membership is $9 per day
    per day!

Page 17 of 32 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information