User Tag List

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Good morning all.
    So earlier in the week, I started taking my iron pills again... omg. I feel so much better. so much.
    up already today.. went to the feed mill ( cheapest price for water softerner salt... ) got that. then cleaned the laundry room. got a tea.. had a break.
    off to spotless and shine the kitchen .

I am doing fab on decluttering the house. it is already starting to feel better. I need to sort my coupons today as well.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Taxes are filed so I just need to sit back and wait for our refund. DH did a shop at Foodland today and bought $105.01 in groceries, $91.12 used in coupons, 65 AM's earned and total spent $13.89 on previously bought GC during a promotion. He also followed my list to a T!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Macw160 - that is amazing!!!! share info please. my local store is a foodland as well... I am always on the hint there for good deals.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I am not an happy camper right now...I received the e-mail for loblaw requesting more proofs of papers...I have no drivers licence and no utility bills at my name so I give up.
    See if telling Loblaws that you had been a PC Plus member for years prior to new program and your address information has not changed in the past year. Also mention the ID situation-no driver's licence and you are not spending $XX to get a photo id card just for this. Your health card correctly should not be used in non-health situations.

If I did not have a photo ID card for Ontario, I'd have a problem voting here. Ran into that in 2015 during the federal election (I did not have a photo card then and no other ID that would suit (no way I'd use my health card-no-no in ON but not according to voting rules) so I had to do the oath. Made sure to get my photo card the following year.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -sorry to read of the antics and damages caused by the now deceased mouse to your home's groceries!

As for potluck dish ideas--do you feel like roasting root veggies with green olives and apricots? Or bringing a big mixed salad greens box with some add-ins like cukes and peppers plus a couple of salad dressings (2 Kraft ones are $4 at Walmart)?

Or maybe a savory rice dish or quinoa dish? *Update-what about dessert using a cake mix or fave recipe? Dessert is always welcome.
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Mar 17th, 2018 at 02:55 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you have patience as a baker, you can enjoy making meringue chick tops to go with muffins. Recipe is posted in the Cakes/Candies/Cookies thread in the Food subforum. Also a black bean brownie recipe.

Yesterday-got around to some mending. Navy blazer-I switched the chipped lower buttons out with the buttons from the sleeves. Had to snip off the pulled threads on jacket front as I was unable to get the unruly threads to move under the surface. Will have to hand sew closed the tears in the sleeve lining if I want to wear the wool jacket tomorrow (and I do!). The gray jacket (actually linen/cotton not ramie/cotton) was ironed and I took off the gray button and attached two black buttons for now. Started to unpick side seams of the fabric skirt (still have the waistbands and lining to take apart at the sides) because I want the skirt altered by next week so Mom can take it off my hands! The black jacket can fit me (really long sleeves and front hem is about 1-1/2 inches longer than back) but there are diagonal sag lines around the shoulder pads that I cannot ignore but will and the lapels show bubbled fusible interfacing--but I'll wear it as it ($7 for it-still in love). And I checked to see if the closed pockets were real-they are, they were just stitched closed to keep the facing flat. Two lower pockets and a chest pocket-yay!

Last night, I was inspired to cook the last of my quinoa (if you buy a 375g bag, you get about two cups and two tbsp of quinoa) and roast three bell peppers one of the folks bought, so there'd be ready food in the fridge this morning. Worked for me.

Today I will walk to Sobeys for that $4.99 peanut butter to nab 10 bonus AM and get a free hot chocolate at McDonalds too (lunch!). The closer I get to 95 AM, the faster I'll spend that $10 credit on other groceries.

Can walk last night-6 cans, 60 cents. Added to my 35 cents in wallet, exact amount for a reduced price loaf of cracked wheat bread at Fortinos to buy! Happy at that outcome.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Afternoon plan is to bake banana oatmeal raisin cookies if I get more raisins. Have everything else and I like knowing one sweet is made for nibbling or for tea this weekend. Also intend to unpick more of the skirt seams but leave the fitting/alteration for next week.

Not sure about chasing Shoppers weekend sale of 2 Lysol wipes (35 ct) for $3 deal-love to but I need groceries more (I'm down to my last $10 literally).

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Macw160 - that is amazing!!!! share info please. my local store is a foodland as well... I am always on the hint there for good deals.
    I tend to hoard my FPC's/really good coupons and save them for good AM's bonus deals as FPC'S there count towards your total shop and it also was a promotion towards the Mega AM'S deal were you need to shop at either 3 or 5 different stores.
    Last edited by macw1960; Sat, Mar 17th, 2018 at 04:49 PM.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks. I am not sure if I am going for the promo yet. If I do , I will be doing most of it next weekend... I am loving extra airmiles.

I popped in today.. got lunch meat for supper.. subs and perogies. easy supper.
    cashed in a free pop, and chips, and 2- 4.00 off janes fish. - got 2 more coupons, might repeat that one a few times this week....lol. used the airmile bonus coupon... should be getting 95 airmiles back .
    home and resting now. prob just clicking my sb, and KR for the night... oh.. and the dreaded folding of the socks....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I put an offer on cheese coupons I hope to get that trade because I love those 5$ Agropur Cheese coupons
    Last edited by cath007; Sat, Mar 17th, 2018 at 05:34 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @barbis9: What? That used to be a thing?!
    yes I would buy SDM gift cards first, get points and than purchase whatever I needed and got points again - unfortunately that loophole is gone :-(
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Cath-my DH and I have to send in extra info for the Loblaws gift cards too-no idea why. I have been sick for the past 2 weeks but finally feeling better. Back to work on Monday, then see my doc on Tues as I want to make sure I am cleared to fly to Singapore on Thursday-want to be sure my travel medical insurance is fine-can't fly against medical advice. Better I was sick now before I went though. I have my fingers crossed that I won't have to cancel last minute and potentially lose a lot of $-the only cancellation insurance I have is through the credit card company and that may be hard to use-sounds good in the brochure but... My DH just keeps saying-do I need a visa to come and rescue you in Singapore, Vietnam and Thailand?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon got home at 3.00 p.m from watching baby cara -so sweet she fell asleep in my arms as I was singing to her,put her on her exercise mat ,in her baby chair also,i also managed to do 2 loads of laundry for my daughter-in-law and fold it and put away (only the girls I put away -my sons clothing and his wife I sit on their bedroom floor ,I am a little tired as I woke up at 4.30 this morning did 2 loads of laundry of mine today -got the hydro bill online today and I used off peak all the way only a little under mid peak and on peak -so happy all those mornings I saved on my hydro when I work up between 4-6 a.m
    -hubby bought him and I a bagel from hortons as we watched her ,so supper tonight scrambled eggs ,peameal bacon and toast

-Ashlyn went to Disney on ice with her mommy and daddy a nice march break treat for her today -my son took her water bottle with them to save a bit of money -lol he takes after me -lol
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Mar 17th, 2018 at 05:38 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hope you feel better Lizzie
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information