User Tag List

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast
Like Tree2871Likes

Thread: March 2018 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!!! Hope all my working friends get to enjoy the long weekend!

I just loaded my PC offers and a few may get me some points. I redeemed $200 in PC PTS in March for groceries. Yesterday I price matched the Boneless Skinless chicken breast in the No Frills flyer for the 2 packages I found at RCSS. Reg price was $54.00 Price after PM $24.00. I baked a cookie sheet full of chicken breasts for dinner last night and leftovers today. I filled a freezer bag full of chicken cut in chunks and 2 other freezer bags with a dinner worth of chicken for the freezer. I rotated the chicken in the freezer already so I am using the oldest 1st. Have a good little stock up of chicken still but thinking for this price ($2.97LB!!!) I will get more this week.
    Cleaned up the budget today (payday) and paid all bills with overages (hydro and gas) Transferred $100 to the Christmas account and $40 to Summer camp fund. (Which DS is done with camp I think so will change that account to DS expenses lol

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Re;Loblaw 25$ Giftcard with proof:
    called the assistance number directly to ask my question.It will take four weeks after submitted proof to get the giftcard per mail.The statue will never change to got your documents because they are just too busy.Hope it help.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My oldest Daycare girl is staying home sick today. Our son is at Kindergarten. My youngest daycare girl will arrive before lunch, so I took our twins to the Family Centre to play for a couple of hours.

We received partial reimbursement for my compression stockings. I called dh’s medical coverage because we didn’t receive the right amount. It will be reviewed and hopefully receive the rest in a couple of weeks. It should be worth the call. I always make sure to double check our coverage before making these types of purchases.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

wehave rain.. pretty muchhave had rain nearly all day.

I have been chatting with another provider and offering support for a issue of damage she is having with a family. I hope it gets resolved. it is just wrong. my heart is breaking for th provider.
    any hoo. I am off work tomorrow. and it will be nice.
    I may try to get a movie night in with the fam.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Happy, happy our tax returns were deposited today & we have moved it to the Tangerine savings account as that currently paying a higher interest rate.

Its a rainy day here too, but I am working at home which is always a bonus. Planning to hit Costco after my last meeting and beat the long weekend rush.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama Flyers from Western Canada don’t get posted on SC, so I look at the Ontario flyers in hopes of anticipating what will be on sale, but knowing that our prices are awkward more. I’m disappointed that we don’t have the same meat products on sale at Walmart or No Frills this week. I don’t know if I’ll spend $100 at No Frills this weekend, now that the boneless skinless chicken breasts are t in our flyer. I spent $100 there last week and many of the sale items are the same as last week, which I already stocked up on.

edit: I’m trying to see what I can pm to NF, to spend the $100 and get the 15,000 in points on products we need.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Mar 29th, 2018 at 05:12 PM.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama Flyers from Western Canada don’t get posted on SC, so I look at the Ontario flyers in hopes of anticipating what will be on sale, but knowing that our prices are awkward more. I’m disappointed that we don’t have the same meat products on sale at Walmart or No Frills this week. I don’t know if I’ll spend $100 at No Frills this weekend, now that the boneless skinless chicken breasts are t in our flyer. I spent $100 there last week and many of the sale items are the same as last week, which I already stocked up on.
    Yes I noticed our No Frills flyer has some of the same items on again this week as well.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sobeys and Fortinos have replicated many of last week's flyer deals again this week. Fortinos has an end date of March 31 for the flyer-how many shoppers will notice?
    At least my Sobey's offers include a repeat 7 bonus AM on Robin Hood oats-will get them on Sat or Monday. Today is too wet for me to trek out to the store.

Did grocery shopping in the afternoon yesterday (did a points inquiry for the soy sauce since it was in the natural foods area but it is still a Kikkoman brand item that should have nabbed my points offer at checkout) and then a trip by bus to get a lottery ticket for a weekly draw and the April Burdastyle sewing magazine (the one English copy in stock came in that very day! German copy is still available). I also bought the spring issue of Ricardo magazine (Rona's patio collection book is attached to the magazine)-I see baking recipes that will be made for Easter next week (cassata seems great and I love lemon poppyseed loaf but Mom probably would like to see my braided raisin bread too). Could not help but notice that Burdastyle did two photo shoots in Greece/Cyprus and Ricardo also had a Greece photo shoot. Very relaxing to see the blue skies and sunshine in every image! Had stopped into Winners on Upper James and bought a 2pr black sock bundle (one solid sock pair and other one has a ballerina print) for $5.99. Did not see the Calvin Klein floral/stripe blue 2pr at all, so I will nab one from my local store this weekend to ensure enough socks. One of my sock buys a week ago has a gentle grip and while wearing said socks, I realized it meant a very relaxed cuff (which slumps) as I was freezing in the twilight while walking from store to store in the night air.

Made cod fillet fish packets this morning (used up the half bell pepper Mom had left over from her vegetarian pizza yesterday).

Not sure what lunch/dinner will be. Plan to get some 2L pop at Food Basics (99cents) on the way home and look at raisins and find some dried tarragon. I was online when on Twitter Long Tall Sally posted a chocolate prize basket for anyone finding the 5 Easter Eggs in their current collections (contest ends April 2), so I found them and looked around. I discovered that there is a tall women's collection by Karl Lagerfeld Paris and I had no idea (not even in Jan. when I visited the downtown Toronto LTS store). Their online 25% off spring items orders ends tomorrow, then a diminishing discount applies on the weekend. I might be inclined to call the Mississauga store to see if it has the KLP items in-need to see how fit is because some product reviews vary on fit.

Tomorrow will be wrangle sewing projects and ideas and also plan baking for next week.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Took my older brother out shopping this morning he is 71 and almost blind (I haven't seen him since dec as he was so sickin hospital he was in isolation and he had shingles also -keep 4 Belgium cookies for him from my xmas baking ,then went back to his apt for a visit he has been married 50years so I gave him and her a giftcard to freshco for 30.00 just a small gesture
    Spent a bit extra this week on groceries but then again its easter
    Ashlyn has basketball at the elementary school my son went to ,around the corner from us ,so we may drop in to watch her at 6.30 tonight,son asked us to come if we wished

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    Took my older brother out shopping this morning he is 71 and almost blind (I haven't seen him since dec as he was so sickin hospital he was in isolation and he had shingles also -keep 4 Belgium cookies for him from my xmas baking ,then went back to his apt for a visit he has been married 50years so I gave him and her a giftcard to freshco for 30.00 just a small gesture
    Spent a bit extra this week on groceries but then again its easter
    Ashlyn has basketball at the elementary school my son went to ,around the corner from us ,so we may drop in to watch her at 6.30 tonight,son asked us to come if we wished
    you are a very nice sister, helping your brother
    hope he is is healing well
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thank you shwa girl -yes he is healing but he still gets nerve pain from the shingles and that was 3 months ago he had it -but I heard you can have the nerve pain for years
    -yes just got gas 117.9 it was and got my seniors discount at shoppers plus a 10.00 gift card for next time as I spent 53 before taxes
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will have to recheck the flyers and make my grocery shopping list.Will check when grocery are closed for the long week end of easter and checking the discounts.I did not got my trade today so It will have to wait next week because friday and monday are no mail day,Treated myself to the deal of 10$ for 20 sushis at metro qc for supper!!! Have a nice evening and night everyone!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Mar 29th, 2018 at 06:09 PM.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just saw on Facebook defi sante at iga qc beginning in two days but no good coupons no fpcs and my printer dont work..I am deceived ...I will do my own defi sante challenge lol
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @cath007 , Happy Easter to you, my online friend
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 32 LastLast

Thread Information