User Tag List

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Zellers: 50% off one item, limit one per customer (Dec 26-31)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post

so? Zellers says and does a lot of things other stores don't do
    and that makes it okay to treat a person the way you did? the coupon screw-up wasn't the cashier's fault

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

does anyone know if we buy something tomm then will be able to get extra 15% off with bay card?

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    and that makes it okay to treat a person the way you did? the coupon screw-up wasn't the cashier's fault
    I am free to treat people how i want to.

I was also at the tail end of an exhausting returning gift trip (for my husband who is recovering from surgery and can't go anywhere) with two young children in tow, set for the 1/2 trudge home in the slush. But thank you so very much for your criticism.
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    I am free to treat people how i want to.
    well that is just... amazing... thanks for enlightening me on your attitude towards people who say no to you.. buh-bye now.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not surprised that Zellers implemented this new coupon policy. I understand that this is upsetting to customers who did not get the chance to use their coupon yet, such as my upset mother who wanted a new toaster lol. However, I blame the COUPON ABUSERS. Even with their policies clearly stated for this particular coupon, some people found loopholes and went around it.

Limit of 1 per customer: People went out to multiple Zellers stores and used the coupons more than once. On the front page in the blog, a few people admitted to purchasing multiple items with the coupon.

Not applicable on past purchases:
    People returned the item and bought it again with the coupon.

While I don't agree with their new policy of the coupon not being applicable on sales prices, rules are rules. If they are broken, there will be consequences. Unfortunately, the ones who haven't used the coupon yet are the ones being punished by coupon abusers.

I still think this was a great coupon, regardless if it is applied on regular or sales price. I got 50% off regular price of a George Foreman grill.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    well that is just... amazing... thanks for enlightening me on your attitude towards people who say no to you.. buh-bye now.
    no problem you have yourself a wonderful day!
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

I'm not even sure what to say other than there is seriously something wrong with many people. There was an awesome deal - the deal is no more - get over it already. It's funny how many people LOVE when an error is made in their favour and turn a blind eye to it - yet when an error is made to their detriment all hell breaks loose.. To those who don't have one - GET A GRIP!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by LisaLisaBoBisa View Post
    I'm not even sure what to say other than there is seriously something wrong with many people. There was an awesome deal - the deal is no more - get over it already. It's funny how many people LOVE when an error is made in their favour and turn a blind eye to it - yet when an error is made to their detriment all hell breaks loose.. To those who don't have one - GET A GRIP!!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No more fighting in this thread you 2!
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I take this personally. I didnt abuse the coupon or misuse it and i was treated like a piece of dirt. I dont misuse coupon, I barely actually ever use them anymore. But I just need to get over it, and allow myself to be treated like dirt? I dont think so.
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 03:50 PM.

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Sally - rude treatment regardless of coupon should be addressed with the store manager. I was able to use the coupon on the 28th for 1 item and when I went back to use it on another item on the 29th I saw the sign on my way in. Bought the item anyway, called head office and was advised to take my bill back in for a price adjustment. Not being able to use a coupon because it's been restricted is very different than being treated rudely.. Address that with head office and the store manager - you shouldn't feel like garbage on top of being turned away with coupon..
    Last edited by LisaLisaBoBisa; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

core33
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is not a error in our favour, its a coupon given by the company to the customers, they should honour their coupon, plain and simple!

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

Why? Because you said so? - They don't have to honour anything. Plenty of printed coupons have been changed, altered, cancelled or retracted because of misuse. The coupon was intended to be distributed on the 26/27 on facebook to those who liked their page. Not PDFed and broadcast all over the internet; distributed to the masses. When you buy an item that is $1.49 and have a $2.00 coupon and the cashier deducts $2.00 from your bill do you stop her to remind her to only deduct $1.49? They not only didn't have to offer the coupon in the first place, but don't have to honour it (it says right on it). Ooohhh the memories -- so many hijacked, printable coupons - so many cancelled altogether. If I were Zellers I'd outright say "those of you who purchased 10 mixers are responsible for the change of this coupon".. "those of you who republished this coupon are responsible" I think they are being nice by taking the blame themselves.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Sally - rude treatment regardless of coupon should be addressed with the store manager. I was able to use the coupon on the 28th for 1 item and when I went back to use it on another item on the 29th I saw the sign on my way in. Bought the item anyway, called head office and was advised to take my bill back in for a price adjustment. Not being able to use a coupon because it's been restricted is very different than being treated rudely.. Address that with head office and the store manager - you shouldn't feel like garbage on top of being turned away with coupon..
    It was the manager that treated me that way. They said it was the store manager, but im guessing it was just a dept manage. If thats the way a head manager would treat a customer I would be very dissapointed. I am awaiting a phone call from the regional manager. There was no signs on my way in from the mall entrance. Im not even mad that they changed the coupon, I think its extrememly ridiculous, of course. But its the way I was treated im not dropping.
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 03:52 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Lisa, instead of saying were revoking the offer do to some misuse, or we cant afford it its ok for them to outright lie?

They did state so many times on facebook it was valid on sale items, and he kept even checking with head office about it.

Im not cool with lying.

Page 66 of 82 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 ... LastLast

Thread Information