User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: #DELETEFACEBOOK? Do you dare?

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwis-mom View Post
    Rant away! I do it all the time....but it falls on deaf ears.

I agree with you on the approval seeking. Most say they want to connect and socialize but really they are attention seeking with the endless posts about their "perfect" lives, jobs, kids, sandwiches, etc...for other people's approval or it's the opposite and they want sympathy for how crappy their life is compared to other people. Either to be envied or treated like Martyrs. Alas, what drama!
    Well said!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    kiwis-mom and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

i have always hated facebook. unfortunately, because my kids don't live in the same province anymore, it's the best way for us to share photos. we have a "private group" set up for that purpose. that is the only reason i have a facebook account.

in my opinion, facebook has always been too nosey. it's reach seems too pervasive and invasive. i would never use my facebook information to log into a different site.

'data and goliath - the hidden battles to collect your data and control your world' was published in 2014 by bruce schneider and seems an appropriate read today.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I find it frightening how much info people put on Facebook. The over sharing and lack of filter is crazy. It seems as though some forget that there are others out there seeing what you post, and that you don't exist in a bubble. Once it is online it is there FOREVER...haunting future you. And anyone can use that info without you knowing.
    GoJays and danger_dan like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

you can download a copy of your data from facebook from the settings page. it may take a while but the information could prove interesting......
    Lynn49 likes this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

I have as little personal data on FB as I need to have an account.

i have my account locked down to friends only. My friends tend to be people I know IRL or those I have been friends with on various forums for over 10 years.

Some of my Fb friends came over to see me and help me when Mr P died. A couple of them I have never met in person until that day. They helped me so much.

I keep most of my stuff private from my UK family because their political views are totally opposite to mine.
    walkonby and danger_dan like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s like asking yourself to delete SC as well and all the other forums you’re on.

Facebook connects me with my family and I don’t play any of the apps/games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    danger_dan likes this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I share the bare minimum on facebook. I am not stupid enough to link financial information or other info. If they know my email and where i live...ok then. so does every other site.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

To be honest i dont use it so frequently as i don't want to see what people are sharing on fb and i dont give a damn about it.
    dededi likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I appreciate facebook.. I don't have any information on there that they can't discover in a telephone directory or through web indexes and so forth.. When I needed to coordinate market in the days of yore I could go to the library and get arrangements of individuals who were particular ages and so on and so on.. I don't see this being any unique. The issue isn't so much that they target individuals , its that individuals become tied up with it. Anybody with a large portion of a mind could perceive how Mr Trump would be as a president. He indicated precisely his identity and hasn't modified that in any capacity. He is an instance of "you can pass judgment on this book by it's cover" Anyone worried about their information can adjust their data a bit, switch your birthday up, your area and so forth

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information