User Tag List

Like Tree14Likes
  • 3 Post By flemeth
  • 3 Post By N@t@
  • 4 Post By N@t@
  • 2 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By Arjon
  • 1 Post By r0c0upons

Thread: FPC at Shoppers or RCSuperstore?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    77 (100%)

It used to be that using FPCs was better at shoppers to get points and I am wondering where to use them now? Would love to get a bonus for them!
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Shoppers

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

It's not automatically one or the other. It can depend on things like what offers you can apply at each, whether you need to use the FPC to meet a WUS threshold, and possibly other factors as well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Do FPC work the same at RCSS as they do at Shoppers? Full amount applied to spending thresholds? Can we use FPC for individual offers and get the points?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Cake View Post
    Do FPC work the same at RCSS as they do at Shoppers? Full amount applied to spending thresholds? Can we use FPC for individual offers and get the points?
    Yes FPC works as Cash
    2shopmom, cath007 and Cake like this.

moneysaver
    Trading Score
    460 (100%)

If i use fpcs at shoppers for Pepsi and lays , will i get 4000 points because I have an offer for spend 10$on snacks and get 4000 points?
    Please use my link to join swagucks
    www.swagbucks.com/refer/erusmus
    And for superpoints
    http://superpoints.com/refer/erusmus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erusmus View Post
    If i use fpcs at shoppers for Pepsi and lays , will i get 4000 points because I have an offer for spend 10$on snacks and get 4000 points?
    Yes, you will get your points. I did it last week and offer showed at the end of a receipt as "digital 4000 bonus points: 4000". Hope that helps .
    Purdee, Decaf and Cake like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by erusmus View Post
    It should work if the program counts Pepsi as a snack, which the post above seems to indicate. I'd be interested in further confirmation.
    Last edited by Arjon; Mon, Mar 26th, 2018 at 07:17 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    361 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    It should work if the program counts Pepsi as a snack, which the post above seems to indicate. I'd be interested in further confirmation.
    Just curios, what kind of confirmation are you interested in?
    In my case, I bought 1x 6-pack of Pepsi beverages (Schweppes club soda in particular), a bag of Tostitos chips and a box of cheerios (to bring a total to $10) .. I used 1x FPC for Pepsi and chips and .50c off Cheerios so I paid only $2.49 for Cheerios + pop deposit + tax and got 4,000 points on top of base 150 points.

and just to clarify, my offer was "get 4k points wus $10 or more on food, snacks or drinks". I hope it helps

p.s. I got 2 similar offers this week: one is "get 4k wus $10 or more on candy or snacks (exp today .. I believe beverages won't count towards it in this case) and "get 5k wus $25 or more on food or snacks" (available in 2 days).
    Last edited by N@t@; Mon, Mar 26th, 2018 at 08:00 PM.
    Purdee, hcao, nalaric and 1 others like this.

I’ve been using Checkout 51 to save money on my groceries & thought you would love it too. It’s super easy to use. All you have to do is look at the weekly offers, buy the items at any store and take a picture on your receipt to earn Cash Back. Get $5.00 to get you started: https://checkout51.app.link/5cPVctUJgR

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by N@t@ View Post
    Just curios, what kind of confirmation are you interested in?
    In my case, I bought 1x 6-pack of Pepsi beverages (Schweppes club soda in particular), a bag of Tostitos chips and a box of cheerios (to bring a total to $10) .. I used 1x FPC for Pepsi and chips and .50c off Cheerios so I paid only $2.49 for Cheerios + pop deposit + tax and got 4,000 points on top of base 150 points.

and just to clarify, my offer was "get 4k points wus $10 or more on food, snacks or drinks". I hope it helps

p.s. I got 2 similar offers this week: one is "get 4k wus $10 or more on candy or snacks (exp today .. I believe beverages won't count towards it in this case) and "get 5k wus $25 or more on food or snacks" (available in 2 days).
    This does help. It's exactly what I was hoping for, a data point with full specifics, which matter because such details help us to narrow down how the program defines offers like "candy or snacks" vs. "food, snacks or drinks". Intuitively, Pepsi should count under the latter but not the former; however, until someone tries Pepsi under the former, we can't be sure that's actually how the program works. After all, it's not particularly intuitive that butter qualifies under "candy or snacks", but it does.
    rayray and N@t@ like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Yes... DRINKS is the keyword in that particular coupon. I've never gotten that one btw. The coupon I had loaded yesterday was for candy or snacks, which a Pepsi coupon would not apply toward.

This does help. It's exactly what I was hoping for, a data point with full specifics, which matter because such details help us to narrow down how the program defines offers like "candy or snacks" vs. "food, snacks or drinks". Intuitively, Pepsi should count under the latter but not the former; however, until someone tries Pepsi under the former, we can't be sure that's actually how the program works. After all, it's not particularly intuitive that butter qualifies under "candy or snacks", but it does.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by r0c0upons View Post
    Yes... DRINKS is the keyword in that particular coupon. I've never gotten that one btw. The coupon I had loaded yesterday was for candy or snacks, which a Pepsi coupon would not apply toward.
    Are you saying that you actually know Pepsi doesn't qualify from recent experience, either yours or someone else's, or that you intuitively think it doesn't? I don't expect it to qualify, but given that, for example, PCO counts eggs and butter as "candy or snacks", I'm not prepared to say that my intuitive expectation about Pepsi is sure to be correct.
    r0c0upons likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I’m saying that it is my actual experience when buying soda (Coke, actually) that it will not be counted toward “candy/snacks”. I have had it counted on a “food/snacks” coupon before. I’m not going off intuition here...this is my direct experience, and that Shoppers has been quite particular in the past when it comes to food/snacks/candy/drinks... And I apologise, I missed the “food” part mentioned on a prior post. Pepsi does count as a food, but drinks are often excluded from other categories (ie snacks). Thanks for the info on eggs and butter. I’ve had several expensive incidents of trial-and-error in the past

Are you saying that you actually know Pepsi doesn't qualify from recent experience, either yours or someone else's, or that you intuitively think it doesn't? I don't expect it to qualify, but given that, for example, PCO counts eggs and butter as "candy or snacks", I'm not prepared to say that my intuitive expectation about Pepsi is sure to be correct.
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Wed, Mar 28th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.
    nalaric likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Also, I’d love ideas for some semi-healthy “snacks or candy”. I was pleasantly surprised to find popcorn kernels are a snack, and obviously things like trail mix and raisins... but it can get pretty confusing, and I don’t always want to stick with the same unhealthy go-to products to make a great coupon work (Christie cookies, I’m looking at you ) hehe
    Last edited by r0c0upons; Wed, Mar 28th, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

Thread Information