User Tag List

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-just got back from popping out shoppers I got a few frozen lean cusine fancy meals 3.99 -1.00=2.99 as they are on caddle today for 1.00 back -saved 7.00 from caddle still don't have enough to cash out from there plus got my hubby the big turk bag saved 1.00 ,I am loving my points this week had specialty bread 600 points had points for cholate milk I moved forward and reg milk -cant wait maybe next week to do a big grocery shop and use up my loblaws gift card also
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Lilo I am so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing.

My dad texted me last night when I was out for a big walk with our kids. I had to laugh at the messages I received. Dad had the kitchen window open, but hadn’t put the screen back on from the fall. An English house sparrow flew into the house. He had to get someone to help him catch it. He started the conversation by sending me a pic of him holding the bird in his hands in the house. The bird was released unharmed. My dad drives truck for a living and has always loved animals, especially wild ones. He’ll celebrate his 60th Birthday in May. Grandma, his mom, would have turned 90 in May.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dear @lilo0003 , I am sorry to read of your father's sudden death. What stands out for me is how all this took place right after your parents moved--but you were with them all along the transition and the house move and the surgery. Your mother may be comforted that she has you to talk to about the past months with your late father. Hugs for you and your family.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Lilo I am so sorry to hear of your dad’s passing.

My dad texted me last night when I was out for a big walk with our kids. I had to laugh at the messages I received. Dad had the kitchen window open, but hadn’t put the screen back on from the fall. An English house sparrow flew into the house. He had to get someone to help him catch it. He started the conversation by sending me a pic of him holding the bird in his hands in the house. The bird was released unharmed. My dad drives truck for a living and has always loved animals, especially wild ones. He’ll celebrate his 60th Birthday in May. Grandma, his mom, would have turned 90 in May.
    A bird-catcher! That's quite the touch with creatures (assuming adult birds, rather than little birds that depend on their scent alerting parents its their offspring).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday, I restitched the underarm lining tears in my fave wool jacket prior to accompanying Mom on her errands in the city. Minutes after task was done, I reached for something and I heard stitches pop. Repeated three more times. Today, I either will seek scraps of lining to add about two inches at the underarms lining seams or see if there is a way to MacGyver a pleat (as in add more lining in a pleated way and stitch fabric to the existing lining after I cut an opening vertically)at the centre back so the seams of the underarm areas don't pop so quickly. I really want to keep this garment in circulation.

This morning I ventured to Fortinos for a few things and one item in the flyer really was on sale so got two for Mom. On my second trip this morning, a staffer was affixing the sale price signs to the shelves (because the Nivea Creme still had the regular price on the shelves) when I went back for two more tins. This early bird got the product that last night Mom requested-timing really can be random!

If you need lots of yard bags, the new Longos flyer (starts on Friday) shows 2 packs of its 10 yard bags are on sale for $8 (so about 40 cents per bag). Metro has 2 packs of 5 bags for $5 (50 cents per bag).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Afternoon plan-branch pickup and seeing if I can remove some snow still encasing the tulip leaves and partially open crocuses. Think I spotted a fourth crocus bud this morning.

Found a McCafe sticker on a coffee cup at the library. Need two more for a hot chocolate!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s beautiful today here in lower mainland of bc it’s sunny there is flowers everywhere and the trees are blooming. It’s suppose to get up to 14C today.

I walked home with $15.15 worth of groceries yesterday from Walmart. It looked like they were doing their auditing. I got 2x yogurt, fruit loops, perogies chemo kind, and Minute Maid watermelon juice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel they had only sold the house and not moved so we still need to do that. It will serve as a distraction, but 1st we need a pace for mom to move to although I am sure both my sons would be quite happy to keep her close at hand. Thankfully dad had signed all the paperwork so the sale is not impacted and they had a long closing date.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo - I had heard that about Sheridan. I am very glad. Middle child is a pretty good shopper, and likes RCSS. also loves a good deal. so I am sure it will work out well for them. that is the superstore I plan on doing a good shop for them once they move in . I have just over 400.00 in pc points for them .so they will be fine

BTW- middle child prefers the they / them pronoun over he/ she . life is always fun and teaches you new things.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Giseledta could you pm me back if you are still interested in the dog coupons.We dont have to be connected at the same time to make a trade
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Apr 19th, 2018 at 02:51 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    @Giseledta could you pm me back if you are still interested in the dog coupons.We dont have to be connected at the same time to make a trade
    will do . kids are a bit cray right now. will in a bit. thanks!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@lilo0003: So sorry for your lost.I know the feeling,I lost my mother at 57 years old suddently by a pulmonary embolys-embolie pulmonaire- my deepest sympathies goes to you and all your familly.Take care of yourself and your familly during this difficult period of life.many hugs to you xxx
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Apr 19th, 2018 at 04:24 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I had only 2 good pc offers this week with not so many points.Oh well I will just redeem another 10$ then
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I had only 2 good pc offers this week with not so many points.Oh well I will just redeem another 10$ then
    Can you redeem points on a No Frills transaction and earn points on the same transaction? I’ve heard different things, so I’ve been unsure about redeeming. I asked a supervisor recently, but there was a language barrier so I can’t certain that she fully understood. She said I couldn’t redeem points and earn points on the same transaction.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

going to post inthe coupon section.. but if anyone could use a 20.00 off valid on any format of enfamil a+ formula. or a 16.00 off enfgrow a+ powder 680 g coupons. please let me know.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread Information