User Tag List

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Spent some of weekend with Netflix (sibling got the trial free subscription) to finish viewing Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life and to start viewing Samurai Gourmet (it's based on a manga, so that explains the odd dialogue but I'm watching to see scenes of Japan and the food). Read a book too.

Speaking of drying laundry outdoors, I will be moving to do that soon after I figure out how to cut some branches over the clotheslines (the stepladders are not easy to take down from where the men stored them). Hydro One customers know that on May 1, the Time of Use rates change and 11am-5pm will be the peak period/most expensive time to use electricity). I also wish to buy more of the heat resistant white spray paint and give an outdoor metal pole a needed paint job.

Was surprised that I did not go for a walk yesterday but I might tonight. Have plans to work the soil mix into the flowerbeds. Need to think of grocery restock and pop deals (another family member spent $1.99 per 1L bottle of Coke (3 bottles were purchased) on the weekend and it was obvious he did not know of Shoppers' Sat deal).
    @sweet sparrow -it's only $7 win on a scratch ticket but I overscratched the validation area so I could not collect my win at the retailer. Thus the mail-in claim (still no envelope...).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to use the last of my pasta last night. Kind of a pantry crisis if I don't have at least some pasta left to cook. My jar of Nutella is almost empty as well.

Tomorrow, Fabricland (ON) has $1.99 vinyl tabling on sale (1968 pricing-limit 5m per customer)--in case SCers want to make new picnic table or patio table covers for Spring 2018.
    @Angela 273 -there was a Toronto Star article about the BC teacher positions promoted at a recent hiring fair to get Ontario teachers to move to BC. Might be worth a look in case some opportunities align with your teaching job search:
    https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/201...-teachers.html

The school boards at the fair are listed on the show sponsor's site (see bottom of home page): https://home.applytoeducation.com/ed...n-spring-2018/
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well my towels dried and sweetparrow I do put the undies on the line closest inside as my umbrella stand is around the side of the house -right next to the neighbours back porch and on that one side we have a frost fence-oh well

Supper tonight BBQ chicken mashed potatoes and corn

-my hubby cleaned out garage as he is putting a new light in making a better garage overall-so he decides to park a lot of his tools in the backyard and toolbox and wagons and just leaves them and goes to work ,he can never finish something -sometimes I find it so annoying but I am not touching his stuff

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

amazing day today got outside. for hours. it was so nice out. the kids loved it . we should have rain tomoorow afternoon... so we will do some drive way painting before hand. they kids wil have a blast.
    ran out of propane on the bbq. so finished supper in the oven .
    I have a bunch of stuff I want to get done. - organize the coupons. .. start writing letters to companies re coupons. sell a few more things. so many plans... lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow unreal what happened in Toronto the tragedy with the van (injured and dead people)-my daughter's work is 2 blocks north of the accident ,she was going out in her car for lunch on the way back to work a bunch of police ,ambulances drove by her when she got to the office everyone was talking about the incident ,thoughts and prayers are with the Toronto people

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

One daycare interview down, 2 more over the next two evenings.

We spent 1.5hrs outside this morning. Went for a walk with the kids with tricicles and a scooter. Checked the mailbox, but nothing interesting. Spent time in the back yard and cleaned up in the gardens. Dh will take our son for a bike ride after supper. Then I can head out to the grocery store when they get back.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I written to 3 more compagny for coupons.I will see if that paid off !!! Some compagnies dont respond per e-mail and it is a surprise to receive some coupons in the mail
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    wow unreal what happened in Toronto the tragedy with the van (injured and dead people)-my daughter's work is 2 blocks north of the accident ,she was going out in her car for lunch on the way back to work a bunch of police ,ambulances drove by her when she got to the office everyone was talking about the incident ,thoughts and prayers are with the Toronto people
    So glad she is okay! It's absolutely horrible what happened, prayers for the deceased, the injured, and their families.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Still waiting on the news of my potential trade.I will receive a RAOK on my french fb couponning group so happy.It will help me to have some french coupons!!!!
    macw1960 likes this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Because I subscribed to a new fb french couponning group...no fpcs and gift cards or stamps is allowed only coupons it is more fair

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Mom had to work last night and I had so many plans for the night but none of the happened. When I was done dinner all I could think was I could really go to bed right now but it was only 6:30. So I did load the dishwasher and just before 7:30 said who cares I am going to bed. I normally go to bed early (9 pm) but last night I was just done so decided to just go to bed and watch some Netflix.

Doesn't look like we need a lot in the way of groceries this week so hoping we can just go to one store and get what we need. I want to pick up a few things to take with me next week as I am out of town all week. Don't need to worry about dinners as I am staying with my cousin but want some things I can keep at the branch to eat through out the day.

Decided when I get back I will get back to posting items for sale and really try to push to sell what we have. Although Mom will be home well I am away unless I have everything out and ready to go before I leave it just frustrates her. Only issue I find lately is the no shows are unreal, I mean there have always been no shows but lately I feel like people get bored late at night arrange to buy items and then just forget about it. Although I see I am not the only person as the group I use has added this to their 3 strike policy if you are a no show 3 times without messaging the seller you are removed from the group, so I hope this helps improve the situation.

Alright well time to get back to work, hope everyone has a wonderful day
    Natalka, barbis9, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

barbis9, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I only heard about the Toronto van incident yesterday afternoon. I lived right where it happened just before I got married. My old roommate is still there. I crossed that intersection twice a day to take transit. It seems surreal now, watching the police make their line formation evidence search across the SDM where I picked up all my holiday clearance shopping, or did my redemptions years ago. My roommate is still living there. My sister works two buildings north, and another friend, the building on the corner. I see the restaurant where we ate occasionally when DH came to visit.

Thoughts and prayers to all the victims and their friends and family. The driver has been charged with 10 counts of murder and possibly 13 counts of attempted murder. How horrible.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning everyone!!!! I just finished watching QC flyers ok deals but not extraordinary.I will use a few coupons
    Angela273 and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Hey everyone!

Today it’s suppose to get up to 23C and yesterday it was 21C. Really hot for this time of year the sun is peaking in through my east facing window.

I have an appointment at 10:30am and we leave at 9:45am basically it’s an 30-40 min car ride depending on traffic. Then we usually stop at A&W for
    Food my mom never wants to go to subway but always insist on sushi *facepalm*. Then she drives me home. I am selling some 1x - 2x size tops to someone who needs them since I am no longer that size I am a Large I dropped nearly 120lbs in 9 months.

Tomorrow is pay day woohoo!!!

Umm everyone in the building who was getting cheap/illegal cigs from this man died of a stroke yesterday their all devastated! I don’t see how people could be really he was not a nice man and every time dealing with him I would get yelled at on the phone since I would call for them to get cigs. Yes I know I know but I wasn’t buying them. I am sure if they would just get a status card they could get cheap cartons of cigs themselves!

Oh my I woke up to someone banging on my neighbours door and screaming at them it was 3am gawd can’t people be civil and not be a-holes?!?! But no they have to wake up everyone on the floor and me out of a dead sleep. But I fell back asleep 20mins later after eating food, Until 7:30am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information