User Tag List

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by macw1960 View Post
    Ouch! It's only a coupon.
    I agree -wow sometimes people need to remember its is only a coupon ,gee cath if I had that proplan cpn I would have traded with you ,but I don't -this is a big pet peeve of mine as I have cpned 30 some odd years oh and another wish people would not take 30-100 cpns when they see a new one save some for others
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I agree -wow sometimes people need to remember its is only a coupon ,gee cath if I had that proplan cpn I would have traded with you ,but I don't -this is a big pet peeve of mine as I have cpned 30 some odd years oh and another wish people would not take 30-100 cpns when they see a new one save some for others
    Agree
    The max coupon value is 22$ but proplan is on sale this week at mondoux for 10,99$.I will just buy my bags directly to the store
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

On another positive note I will receive another roak from another fb french couponning group that will help me to built my coupons stach in french I only have to paid 2 stamps for the pre-stamped enveloppe

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I just cashed out $28.10 from the Caddle app. I’m still waiting for my last cheque from CO51 to arrive.

I had an interview with a potential Daycare dad last night. I have another daycare interview scheduled for later today. My youngest daycare girl will be done on Friday.

At 8am this morning I headed across town to the employment office in order to fax in a teaching application. Most school divisions do things electronically, but this application gave a mailing address and fax number. Dh doesn’t leave for work until later in the morning, so he is able to help out on mornings like this.

We’ll be heading inside for lunch soon. We have been outside since morning snack. We were playing in the front yard for the first hour, until my youngest Daycare girl arrived. I raked some and put it in the garbage bin. I do not bag it, that way it will still decompose. We have 35km/hr wind, 16C but feels like 14C. I’m still quite happy to have this weather and a yard that is virtually dry.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 25th, 2018 at 01:55 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m going to through this out there for advice. My dad’s 60th Birthday is coming up in May. That week would also have been Grandma’s 90th Birthday, but she passed away on May 31, 2017. Dad was there when Grandma passed. He is having a hard time with the anniversary coming up. He doesn’t know if he wants to celebrate his 60th Birthday or not. I’m fortunate that Grandma was the first close relative that I remember loosing. Some plans are being made, in Dad’s style. He is aware, but continues to change his mind. I’m in touch with his wife, but we aren’t sure exactly how to support him.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela-maybe go with what your dad wants in his style I would say -I had a surprise 40th birthday and I gave one to hubby too but I will be 60 next year and maybe I will let it just pass (I know age is just a number) but I had plans to go to zarky's today a local deli but my body just aches somedays -could be this damp rain

-last night son let hubby use his car and then we all ordered burgers and fries -Ashlyn wanted me to play Barbie with her so I did,and baby cara well she was 5 months yesterday and got her first tooth poked thru ,I had her laughing ,then we watched old VHS tapes of my son and daughter when they were little so much fun

-supper tonight hubby wants kraft dinner ,I will have the leftover BBQ chicken and a salad

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I’m going to through this out there for advice. My dad’s 60th Birthday is coming up in May. That week would also have been Grandma’s 90th Birthday, but she passed away on May 31, 2017. Dad was there when Grandma passed. He is having a hard time with the anniversary coming up. He doesn’t know if he wants to celebrate his 60th Birthday or not. I’m fortunate that Grandma was the first close relative that I remember loosing. Some plans are being made, in Dad’s style. He is aware, but continues to change his mind. I’m in touch with his wife, but we aren’t sure exactly how to support him.
    Sounds like you are already being sensitive to his needs. I asked my parents what they wanted for their 40th wedding anniversary last year. You know what they wanted?...a hotdog BBQ at our house! Just us. They did a fancier dinner with my sister and her husband, but that was it. I had a horrible birthday this year (work situation went sideways on my special day), but it was still my birthday. Something special even if you don't feel like celebrating can help you feel better on an already hard day. I think whatever you do, keep it small (just in case) and you will be fine.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I just called to order a cheque for a credit on my now inactive Amazon credit card. I think a cash out from Caddle should be in the mail, and I should stop by Walmart to return two boxes of diapers that DD2 may be growing out of, plus a pair of boots for DD1.

I also have a pending online sale for $50. A stranger wanted me to deliver to her house for $60, but I said I preferred to meet at a public place nearby. She didn't say she would be able to pick up so I think I can let that one go. $10 is quite a low price to pay for safety.

My father just received his Loblaws $25 gift card. They've been shopping with Loblaws for the past 40 years. Hopefully, my mother's and mine will arrive soon. I can only check mail once per week now that I have both little ones to move into the house when we get home. The community mailbox across the street is too far to take both.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    I had a horrible birthday this year (work situation went sideways on my special day), but it was still my birthday.
    @Granger : Happy belated birthday!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    I have my own toolbox as well... but bf hasvtaken to raiding it on me rather than going downstairs to his tools until he puts things away and puts my stuff in his
    We've had a few heated discussions re his pilfering of my tools.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    How about putting hot pink duct tape on the handles or sides of your tools? Or some other shiny/bright stickers?
    Then he'd be more careful about mixing your tools with his tools (especially if his friends notice).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    He has not communicated what is on his mind in relation to Grandma?
    See what happens if you and his wife suggest putting a framed photo or digital photo frame of photos of Grandma at the event.
    What about playing a song or two that both Grandma and your Dad might have enjoyed listening to before putting on a mix that reflects more instrumental music?
    His answers to the two suggestions might confirm to stay sensitive or go forward if he likes honouring your Grandmother yet still have a party for him.

Probably don't get 60th themed cake or decorations. Pick a hobby or sports team he likes or maybe spring and decorate with that decor in mind.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Apr 25th, 2018 at 04:26 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Question of the Day-where do you buy 3-in-1 oil? I'd like grocery or hardware store names.

I saw the item mentioned as a key junk drawer item in cottages yet I failed to find the product over the past two years.
    My bottle of sewing machine oil has been pinch hitting for door hinges but I have to oil them 3-4 times per year as the oil is not heavy enough to last through humid or very cold weather periods.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    He has not communicated what is on his mind in relation to Grandma?
    See what happens if you and his wife suggest putting a framed photo or digital photo frame of photos of Grandma at the event.
    What about playing a song or two that both Grandma and your Dad might have enjoyed listening to before putting on a mix that reflects more instrumental music?
    His answers to the two suggestions might confirm to stay sensitive or go forward if he likes honouring your Grandmother yet still have a party for him.

Probably don't get 60th themed cake or decorations. Pick a hobby or sports team he likes or maybe spring and decorate with that decor in mind.
    My dad's wife has suggested a burger place in Saskatoon, which would be to my dad's taste. This restaurant also serves awesome home made icecreams, including diabetic varieties. His wife plans on paying for supper for everyone who attends. My dad loves to karaoke and we were planning on going singing that night. A lot of us sing, myself included. My younger sister, my mom's daughter, has agreed to babysit for us while we go out singing. Grandma used to join us at karaoke. I like the idea of possibly giving Dad an electronic photo frame with family pictures in it. Grandma used to have one in her room that my aunt would update with new family pictures that we would send to her.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Hmm, my Lowes store has one bottle of the 3 in 1 multipurpose oil. Did not find it on Walmart or Cdn Tire's sites. Will have to wait on the purchase. I like the telescoping spout on the can. Leave it to me to read an issue of Cottage Life​ that does an article on junk drawers to reignite my quest for this oil (there is a motor oil version that is in use in the garage but it's not for home use).

BTW, I glanced through the Home Hardware flyer (ends May 1) and a 5-bag pack of yard waste bags are priced at $2.49!! If you need bags, that is the second lowest price you'll find this year without needing to buy 2 or more packs to get the price.
    barbis9, macw1960 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Stupid pc computer.I unplugged the battery to do some work outside with the pc and now the battery dont want to recharge it is only at 73% grrrr ......I dont know what is the problem but it suck
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information