User Tag List

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I always seem to have luck on reduced meat on a Wednesday at my RCSS. Makes sense that they are cleaning up for the new flyer that starts tomorrow. Bought 2 family trays of chicken drumsticks for $2.95KG. My boys love these cooked with homemade shake and bake spices or on the BBQ. Will make up enough tonight for both of them for dinner tonight and tomorrow and put the rest in the freezer Bought a few other things and my total was $20.98 so redeemed $20 in PC pts and paid the balance with the Loblaws GC. Then I went to Giant Tiger and bought 5 cans of diced tomatoes at $1 each and paid with change. Think tonight will be a cooking night and I will make the chili and pasta sauce as well I have a bunch of new Ziploc containers in the basement from Christmas last year where they were free after clearance sale price and coupons so perfect for giving away.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -I went thrift shopping today left at 9.30 got back 12.30 as hubby needs car for 1.20,first I spent 12.08 at once upon a child -daughter asked me this morning to look for pants for daycare for Sebastian I got a pair for 5.00,then a dress shirt for Sebastian for 4.00 and a t-shirt for Ashlyn for 2.50.My daughter got $67.45 for the bag of clothing I took in of his clothing and my daughter-in-law got $78.03 (this was one big huge garbage of clothing from the girls)they sure will be happy with that extra cash.
    Then on to fortinos spent 33.53-10.00 p.c.o points and I got 3,000 points from my small shop
    Then over to talize where if you donate 2 large bags (one was my clothing and the other bag stuff once upon a child didn't want of kids clothing ) you get 30% off coupon then I spent 29.87 I got 4 tops for me a few dressy tanks and t-shirt -nice to pay 3.49 for a stripped t-shirt from joe fresh it was brand new also
    -liz clairbourne sunglasses 2.99-.90=2.09
    3-corelle bowls cereal ones at Walmart they are 5.99 each I paid 1.49-30%=1.04 each
    -necklace for me 1.99-.60=1.39
    -one puzzle 2.99-30%=2.19 usually get my puzzled from value village as they price cheaper there but I figured I had 30% off
    -one like new joe fresh polo top for Sebastian 2.99-.90=2.09
    - new black tights for baby cara .99-30%=.79

then hopped on the link and came home pretty happy with my deals today -nice to have 4 like new tops for me

-snowing here right now and it was this morning too
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Apr 5th, 2018 at 05:27 AM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Aside from tomorrow's planned spending for cheques and soil (if those bags are still available or plan B is get some other kind and be done with it), I'm trying not to spend money other than coin or can refund money until Saturday. I've rather gone through money trying to restock or get certain things for baking that usually I don't use often, so the plan is to budget my remaining money to cover the remaining three weeks plus a little for the Saturday Sobeys AM shop if my AM show up (7...).

I was a little naughty, eating the Sunday chocolate bunny treats by Monday morning so I had to get replacement treats and I'm not allowed to eat any (my new rule; have to eat apple or something else like seaweed snacks).

Needed toothpaste so picked up a $3.99 Sensodyne tube at Shoppers yesterday. Found a McCafe sticker and had $1.20 in can/bottle returns (Sunday collection but beer store was closed on Monday). Put the $1.20 into my bank account-the goal is to get my May bank fee in by April 12 as I feel serenity knowing I'm not leaving that matter for the last week of each month).

Value Village is having a 50% off Short sleeve shirts for Club members tomorrow. I have a save $5 off my next $15 purchase coupon that I cannot use on the sale day but am not likely to find anything on the Friday when coupon expires. That's fine-it helps knowing some coupon offers are coming through the chain's e-mails.

Hamilton SCers, if you live in a house and go through trash tags, you can pick up an additional 14 tags at the municipal centre closest to you. Must provide address. I picked mine up yesterday as I often find occasion to need a second bag of trash to go to the curb.

Picked up branches just after that 10am flurry of snow. Quite a show today, with flurries of different sizes coming down today.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Garbage bag happy news-last week, I purchased the 34L size of kitchen trash bags made by Western Family and sold at Longos. The 4 corners of the bag stay over the trash can's inner liner (31L size). I've decided to forgo the 29L Selection bags at Food Basics/Metro as the bag is slightly too small to keep the corners over the liner (I try to stretch the corners but as soon as anything heavier than paper lands in the bag, two or more corners slip off the liner). Serenity at last with the kitchen garbage can!

The bags are unscented, another bonus in a home with folks having different scent triggers for headaches.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    My co-worker just told me that our RCSS has Honeymelon on for $1 and they were really nice so will go grab one tonight! And cut it up for snacks at work for the rest of the week.
    @Frugalbigmama : Do you mean honeydew? I have no idea what honeymelon is.

I've just called everyone on pricing for bathroom fans. One company salesperson said he "gapped out" while I was talking and heard none of what I said. (Not that I don't, but I'm not sure I would admit that to a new customer over the phone!) Another company salesperson made the most hilarious noises while he was processing the measurements I gave him. So many "hrrrmmm" and "harrrugghhh". Even with a calculator, math makes some people's brain hurt. Two out of the three offered me a discount over the website price for buying multiples but it looks like the noisy guy has the lowest price even with no discount. I'll print out the comparison lists and have a more thorough look at the fans tonight.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @Frugalbigmama: Do you mean honeydew? I have no idea what honeymelon is.

I've just called everyone on pricing for bathroom fans. One company salesperson said he "gapped out" while I was talking and heard none of what I said. (Not that I don't, but I'm not sure I would admit that to a new customer over the phone!) Another company salesperson made the most hilarious noises while he was processing the measurements I gave him. So many "hrrrmmm" and "harrrugghhh". Even with a calculator, math makes some people's brain hurt. Two out of the three offered me a discount over the website price for buying multiples but it looks like the noisy guy has the lowest price even with no discount. I'll print out the comparison lists and have a more thorough look at the fans tonight.
    Yes lol. Auto correct did not like the word and kept deleting it.

Don't forget to check out Costco for bathroom renovation items. In store or online. I need to take a look at the 2 near for me for a toilet 1st then getting the rest of the stuff. I bought last year awesome toilet/towel racks for $29.99 and the lady checking me out said the exact same package was selling for over $80 at Rona!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

We certainly need to do a complete bathroom renovation, towel racks needed! One bathroom has a rickety plastic one held on with glue, one has none, and the powder room strangely has two! We've had many issues with toilets so I was considering going with a Toto in the main bathroom. They've all been recently replaced and two of the three were free with a municipal rebate. Free isn't always the fanciest, but they work. The other, we splurged on and turned out to be the biggest regret. I should call the company and ask if there may be a faulty part. It's not like you can return an installed toilet as easily as anything else!

I was thinking of Costco for a vanity though in the upstairs main bathroom!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We just finished hockey for the winter season. (DS plays Summer hockey though and is already signed up) But I had to register him before April 30th for the 2018/2019 season for the early bird discount. Hockey is never done!! Good thing I love being a hockey mom
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We baked 3 loaves of banana bread and a 9x13” pan of oatmeal chocolate chip squares. I sliced and wraped all 3 loaves of banana bread. Enough banana bread is now in the freezer for 3 Kindergarten snack days.

Today’s lunch was fresh banana bread, fresh raspberries, and milk. The kids love it.
    Tonight’s supper will be meat veggie sauce with cheese melted over top of corn chips, sour cream, etc. We all usually love this meal.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Apr 4th, 2018 at 06:10 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Mmmmm yum please send a piece of banana bread my way

Made chicken, perogies and veggies for dinner. ( finished off 2 bags in freezer, one cauliflower and the other green and yellow beans with carrots. Lots of leftovers for the hungry boys. Cleaned the fridge out while cooking. And emptied the dishwasher.

Apparently there was a 50 car pile up in Barrie on the 400. I will have to catch the news at 11 and see. Glad I'm home for the night.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am thinking of baking a bananas bread or apple bread this week end maybe for some healthy snacks
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

After supper I went for a walk with a friend for a solid hour. It’s still fairly cold, so I was pretty bundled up. I collected 5 items to recycle. Dh is now out for coffee with that mutual friend.

I plan on taking our 3 children to the Family Centre tomorrow morning. I only have one Daycare girl tomorrow and she will be coming before lunch, so time to take advantage with our own kids.

Dh SCOPed a bathroom ceiling vent fan at Canadian Tire. There were two prices on the shelf, so he took a pic.
    $64.99 scaneed at $69.99, Dh paid $54.99 + taxes
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Apr 5th, 2018 at 12:49 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yeah it's Thursday! I can taste the weekend Off to review the flyers and write out my list and then load my PC pts and see if there are any good offers I will use. Cleaned out the fridge last night and it is nice and empty besides a fresh bunch of asparagus and the left overs from last night. Really trying to use up the bits of this and that from the freezer on the bottom of fridge.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

^Doing the same, starting to make my master shopping list. Shouldn't need much this week, so that's good.

Still freezing here, -29 windchill now

Have a great day, all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Well I am happy with the sales starting today/Sat. Lots of healthy meal ideas in our future.
    My shopping list:
    .77 English cucs x 4
    .67 Lemon (for fish)
    .88 Mushrooms (to go with steak one night)
    .97 Ice berg lettuce x 2 (Greek Salad and for burgers)
    1.98LB peppers x 6 (for chili, pasta sauce and quesidias)
    .68 Brocoli x 3 (veggie for roast dinner and other night side)
    2.88 Spinach (for salad for work lunch and omelettes)

I have a ham in the fridge to use up and the freezer is stocked with steak, roasts, chicken, pork roasts/chops, homemade burgers, lean ground beef to make chili and pasta sauce) So should be a great meal plan this week

I think I will do a shop at SDM on Sat for 20x the points since I have approx. $125 on GC's and I need stuff for work too so good time to do it. (for me, 1.88 eggs 3.99 Toilet paper 4.27 Milk)
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information