User Tag List

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama you can get $0.15 back from CO51 from your fresh lemon purchase.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My younger sister sent me an old picture that she found of us. I think I was 11yrs old and she was 2yrs old. It’s been a long time since a saw a picture of her when she was my kid’s age.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well popped over to shoppers cause it was seniors day -spent 50.00 and got 10,000 points -in total I got 11,195 a few good deals
    (2) quaker oatmeal on clearance 1.47 each
    (1) nice n easy touch up 6.99-2.00 cpn=4.99
    (1) bandaids waterproof 8.99-20%=7.19-2.00 checkout51=5.19 I hate the price of bandages
    (1)aussie hairspray 2.99-400 points=2.59

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273 : Fantastic deal on the bathroom fan! I almost never get an SCOP anymore.

After pouring over the comparison lists of the three recommended fans from three different dealers, plus two other options, I think I've chosen the fan to be installed. With the quiet setting though, I don't know how DD2 will ever fall asleep to the sound. Our routine is that the girls are put to bed at night and then DH will pop into the shower, then my turn, and the fan is set to turn off 20 minutes after I leave. By that time, both girls are asleep. With the new fancy fan on full blast, it's supposed to be much quieter than a refrigerator.

20 pages of comparing stats later, I've picked a fan. This is going to be a looong bathroom reno. Ha ha! On the bright side, it only took 24 hours to call three suppliers, negotiate a price, and choose a fan.

Next to think about, a dual sink for the vanity or not. As the girls get older, I can see how they would each want their own sink. With one sink, I thought each could put their personal toiletries on one side, or have their own set of drawers. If there are two sinks, they might have to share under cabinet storage and the morning routine might take longer to get them out of the house.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think I have to make at least one transaction on my debit card to activate it. Does anyone know which stores have the tap feature for debit cards? I'm thinking any grocery store, Giant Tiger, but not Walmart. I can't think of where else I might regularly go.

Trading Score
    254 (100%)

Sdm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HUH? YOU DON'T DO SWAGBUCKS??? ARE YOU CRAZAY?!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We have been super spoiled buying salsa from the DollarTree ( not Tostito brand but every bit as delicious ) for a mere $1.25 a jar.
    Today they only had 1 jar left and said they may not be getting it anymore ....so I was happy to find Tostitos Salsa for $1.99 at FreshCo today.

babies teach us acceptance

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know locally No Frills, RCSS, Zehrs and as Anne said SDM. Also 1 of our local Gas Stations does but the other 2 same Banner don't.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I think I have to make at least one transaction on my debit card to activate it. Does anyone know which stores have the tap feature for debit cards? I'm thinking any grocery store, Giant Tiger, but not Walmart. I can't think of where else I might regularly go.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    Canadian Tire-I was told to tap or insert my card (I did the latter). Thought Tim Hortons does allow debit card tapping?

At CIBC, when I get a new bank card, I have to set my PIN at the ATM. That might be all you need to do to use your card UNLESS you want customer service to block your card from being used for shopping (bank and bank ATM use only)-then you'd have to see the Customer Service person or concierge to have that feature turned off (like I did on the RBC cards on Mom's account for both of us).

If you have the current Ikea catalogue, there is one setup in the magazine that shows how to make 4 zones in a large bathroom used by adults and kids. I agree with the idea of separate storage for kids (ie drawers) only because our main floor vanity has 3 drawers all used by the other 3 in the household. I have to stash my stuff under the sink with the bathroom tissue or in my room so the soap and shampoo is in the vanity and toothpaste by the sink. I have made it an ongoing campaign to get more space to no avail. Thus I chase hardware gift card contests-she who has $$$ can decide the changes made to said shared space (and yes, I have small changes in mind but need to figure out how the drywall, window, tub faucet alignment can be done but that tile will have to be opened up to fix the plumbing).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Managed to bake the raisin loaf last night and that can take awhile, so I'm happy that is over. Did a second branch collection after supper because I don't like yardwork to pile up when I have something else in mind to do. Will have to rake cones and branches from spruce trees-quite a litter on the ground. I did use my last 55 cents for a chocolate bunny from Shoppers on the walk home (no 25 cent deals yet).

Got my two bags of Miracle Gro Sea Compost (Lowes sold out but fortunately, Cdn Tire had stock but I had to get it outside after paying). The stuff was somewhat frozen along the edges of the bag so the flowerbeds have some large chunks as well as chipped soil on the surfaces. Snow has been falling on and off (fine and big fluffy flakes). If the weather's temp is above 0C on Saturday, I'll get the hoe out to work the soil into the ground. I read the bag-I should be trying to put a layer of 2cm of the compost on the beds but they are getting more of a snack serving or light coating instead. If I had money for 4 more bags, I'd be buying more bags today. It's an annual thing, putting something into the beds in April. You won't see me working manure into the beds (too smelly).

Cheques are ordered! My 7 bonus Air Miles have arrived (took about 6 calendar days) so I intend to pop over to Sobeys today to nab that bonus 25 AM offer by redeeming 95 AM at cash today.

My back and arms are asking for ibuprofen relief but I took my just expired tablets to Shoppers this week. Will plan on new OTC purchase next week.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    ^Doing the same, starting to make my master shopping list. Shouldn't need much this week, so that's good.

Still freezing here, -29 windchill now

Have a great day, all!

Given the temperature and weather swings in Saskatchewan, I am so glad you make use of online shopping when it suits your needs! -29C is definitely a strong tea weather situation.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks, everyone! Dollar Tree and Canadian Tire were two I didn't think of. They're a bit out of the way so I will see if I can spot some clearance items this week. I wonder if Toys R Us accepts Interact taps?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka @Angela_273 -if the weather's fine tomorrow, your Safeway Sobeys (Western Canada) flyer seems to have Blue Friday deals!
    Last edited by Ciel; Thu, Apr 5th, 2018 at 05:30 PM.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

did anyone else partake in the great ice cream offer at Sobey's?? This week buy ANY 3 tubs of Ice Cream varieties ( I bought the cheapest ones @ $3.99 each ) and get 75 Bonus Air Miles!! The ice cream is for DH and DD. The AM are for me!!
    75 AM for a $12.00 OOP, not bad. I redeemed 95 AM first to get the 25 AM offer and then paid the remainder of the bill using my Sobeys Gift Card. ( I had also bought Cashmere )
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received some blue diamond coupons today ;they are on my trade list Also collected 8$x 1$ coupons for artic gardens products as a doorhanger in the lobby but they are in french so I will put them on my french fb couponning group when I will have more french coupons to trade.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information