User Tag List

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I am slipping at this frugal game. Bought royale tp at SDM yesterday and forgot to use coupons. I bought it to get to 50.00 for the points. Spent several house packing at my parents. So today I will catch up at home.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-hey lilo we all slip up at some point -cant be on our game all the time
    -wow 32 years in a house -we helped my mom move years ago and it was about 20 some odd years -of course my brother (one that not in my life ) threw out a antique rug beater and various other items when I was at work ,hope you dad is healing fine

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. I slugged all day yesterday. I did take my mom shopping.... and I got a few things at shoppers... had a spend 30 get 7500 pts. ... so very well worth it personally..

today I need to do a bit of housework.. sme laundry.. and a bit of daycare prep.

I am also .. thinning down some dc items... I simply have to much. way , way to much. so my goal is to find 5 to sell. I have 2 so far.
    and I might thin down some sensory items as well. I have..... alot would be putting it mildly.....

I do need to clean out the fridge... plan some meals. ....

might convince hubby to go to the dog park this afternoon... if we dont get snow......lol
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@coupongirl he was home less than 48 hours after the surgery. No rest for the wicked I say. So far so good, but it's a pain for my mom as he can't help pack and my brother has no time to help either hence my 3 hours of driving. I am much more of a minimalist and my mom is a saver so there are lots of conversations about why we are not keeping 15 serving plates

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Apparently in the next redplum there will be an fpc for iams portions.I will try to find some for my dad co-worker
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Staying home today to watch the Nascar race and do some freezer meals ....laundry is finished already.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oh Lilo how I feel your pain this is me and my mom. I remember one day I was cleaning the dinning room and was like okay here is everything I am getting rid of (they were all mugs/cups of some sort, none of which we use as the ones we use are in the kitchen):
    First Set - No we cannot get rid of those, those are our tea cups (we do not use Tea Cups as we find them too small)
    Second Set - No we cannot get rid of those they are my cappuccino cups (we have never made cappuccino at home and I have never seen her drink cappuccino)
    Third Set - Those cannot do they match our dishes (Yes, yes they do but when we first got the dishes you tried one and hate it saying you didn't like drinking from them, they were awkward to drink from)
    Fourth Set - Random Mugs we got from various places but most were gifts so we cannot get rid of them (most came from my brother who will not care if get rid of them and we do not use any of them)

Needless to say we still own all of them and it is like this with everything. I mentioned some of our kitchen stuff has to go as one we do not use it all and two we do not have the room for it all and the look I got followed by the silent treatment.

My Mom is a mix of sentimental and creative, she can find a purpose for anything and everything only issue is it just all lives in our house waiting to be used. Needless to say we have been here 7 years and still have boxes we have never opened.

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @coupongirl he was home less than 48 hours after the surgery. No rest for the wicked I say. So far so good, but it's a pain for my mom as he can't help pack and my brother has no time to help either hence my 3 hours of driving. I am much more of a minimalist and my mom is a saver so there are lots of conversations about why we are not keeping 15 serving plates
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    The only thing on my to do list for today was the make Taco Seasoning and to make Taco Meat for the freezer. Both have been done and now I am thinking I will spend the afternoon relaxing.

I know there are a million other things that need to be done but to be honest I am a little sick of Monday rolling around and feeling like I did not have a weekend and just starting the count down the next weekend again. So I think I am going to relax and take some time for me.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Oh Lilo how I feel your pain this is me and my mom. I remember one day I was cleaning the dinning room and was like okay here is everything I am getting rid of (they were all mugs/cups of some sort, none of which we use as the ones we use are in the kitchen):
    First Set - No we cannot get rid of those, those are our tea cups (we do not use Tea Cups as we find them too small)
    Second Set - No we cannot get rid of those they are my cappuccino cups (we have never made cappuccino at home and I have never seen her drink cappuccino)
    Third Set - Those cannot do they match our dishes (Yes, yes they do but when we first got the dishes you tried one and hate it saying you didn't like drinking from them, they were awkward to drink from)
    Fourth Set - Random Mugs we got from various places but most were gifts so we cannot get rid of them (most came from my brother who will not care if get rid of them and we do not use any of them)

Needless to say we still own all of them and it is like this with everything. I mentioned some of our kitchen stuff has to go as one we do not use it all and two we do not have the room for it all and the look I got followed by the silent treatment.

My Mom is a mix of sentimental and creative, she can find a purpose for anything and everything only issue is it just all lives in our house waiting to be used. Needless to say we have been here 7 years and still have boxes we have never opened.
    Oh I just HAD to quote and comment on this @SassyAshley !
    I was laughing through all of what you wrote because we went through this similar decision over a year ago now.
    We had soooo many mugs! I mean realistically I had to ask myself " how many mugs do we actually need? "
    I never had to fight with anyone here that was trying to get me to keep them, so that made the purge very easy.
    I took most of the " spare " dishes, glasses, bowls and all of those extra mugs all to the donation centre and it felt wonderful.
    Plus if you ask me now I cannot even remember what any of them looked like, that was how often they got used here.
    Good luck one day on convincing your Mom to let go of these items.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for the encouragement ladies, I a, sure as soon as the figure out what they are moving to her desire to get rid of stuff will increase dramatically. They live in a 4 bedroom home with a garage. TheY intent to rent an apartment so there will be no room for this 8 skinny flower vases that must be packed. I must admit that when we gutted the kitchen last year it felt great to get rid of stuff but there have been 2 occasions where I realized I had purged something I could have used.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Purging is hard. most of it is a mindset I find.... I still have some sentimental attachments to items. I am sad I got rid of the table I had a a child.. however.. the other half of me says .. I am never going to use it . never... I would rather someone use it and love it. it makes me feel better knowing someone will love it.

I purged 1 large ..vvery large bag of yarn, and knitting needles to my middle childs art program .. I was going to donate. but middle child talked to thier textiles teacher and she said she really wanted it... and is very happy with the influx of items.... so i am very happy I could give it to them it made me feel very good.

ok. back from shopping.. spent what I consider alot of money. but sorta isnt for teh size of family,and the dc kids.
    my funny was the 4000 pc points per 20.00 in fruits and veggies... .. so .. family of 5... dc kids, 1 vegitarian... I got 12000 points....lol. yes that is average. my kids eat alot of fruits and veggies. it is rather amusing to see all the items on my bill marked sale.... used 2.00 in coupons 1.95 in co51, and .50 in caddle. plus 16400 in pc points.
    fridge is cleaned out. and stuff is ready for the week.

on the way back I picked up some melisa and doug car magnets for my magnet door forhte dc kids 2.00 they are going to love it.

ok. next up.. clean the playroom, prep for dc week. and laundry...
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Giseledta I took advantage of that produce offer as well when I was at my parents, we don't have an independent or Zehrs close so I always take a look at the flyer when I know I will be down there, I suspect you live in or close to the same town as my mom and dad based on your shopping adventures.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Will be heading to the airport soon for the 24 hr sojourn home from Singapore-supposedly it will be warming up soon at home according to DH-of course he might just be saying that-haha.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

purging ladies is hard with older parents -trust me I sat in my moms room 7 years ago and said you don't need this or this nick nac and she started to cry -you have a whole house ,I am in one room to decorate to my liking so I left everything the way it was and figured some day when she is gone I would do it ,why get her upset now at that time
    I went to son's this afternoon as his wife had a baby shower and I went to help him with the girls ,I stayed form noon til 4.30 I played a bit with Ashlyn ,cara was sleeping ,then son took Ashlyn out on her bike for a bit ,then we chatted my son and I -it was so nice as I don't see him much he is always working -figured my laundry can wait life is more important -so sassy you take a me day for yourself also as we deserve it -it took him and Ashlyn a drink from mcdonalds
    -$2.60 from my empties I found and son-in-law saved a few wine bottles for me
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made chilli and bacon potatoe soup. Chilli is packed in lunch size portions. Just waiting for the soup to be done and will do the same. Love knowing what is in my food!!! Lunch tomorrow is a spinach salad and the soup.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information