User Tag List

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday was cause for me to have tea and buttered raisin bread toast for two meals-the temperatures/snow flurries got to me as did a sniffle (not a full cold YET). Also did a grocery visit to Longos to break a big bill and spend over half of it in case today's rain is hard (so far, just light rain) and if my sniffle worsened today.
    Today I ventured into Shoppers for a case of pop and a new magazine issue (Shania Twain happens to be the FFW cover).
    Spent 10min attempting to hoe one flowerbed and gave up as my forearms were starting to squawk about tough dirt. Maybe tomorrow is a better day to try again-Frank on BT Toronto said freezing rain is coming on the weekend and I want the flowerbeds worked over before that icy rain lands.

This morning I did some necessary laundry loads and vacuuming and cooked rice. When I got to the library, I just felt like curling up somewhere with a book and bevvie, but no such luck (thus 3 cans of Pepsi later) as I have to be online. Have two receipt surveys to do-always on a quest for gift cards since some stores have fabulous spring offerings that have my attention.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Welcome back @lizzie bargain ! Admire your back to routine so soon after your latest trip!

Belated Happy Birthday to @sweet sparrow ! You deserve a lovely vacation this year for being the family MacGyver member.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My oldest Daycare girl stayed home today. My youngest daycare girl arrived before lunch. My kids and I enjoyed some time this morning. We painted caterpillar crafts, watched old school Inspectpr Gadget on YouTube while folding laundry.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Well it is a good thing the little one I was watching napped for a couple of hrs after lunch as I layed on the couch and slept too-can't seem to get back on Calgary time but I know this too shall pass! The penalty for a break from the cold.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yummm bbq chicken was so tasty -it poured and I almost didn't bbq but then it stopped
    had apple pie for dessert
    may go out with daughter-in-law on Thursday and baby cara

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Enjoy the day!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Anyone considering the SDM redemption offer this weekend. I can say since the new program started I rarely shop at SDM now. But I do like getting the fragrance sampler set for my son for Christmas/birthday for $85 so I may redeem for this on the weekend plus 2 cartons of eggs or something similar.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Our local No Frills posted on Facebook a few days ago. There is a one day only points deal on fresh produce, 5,000pts per $20. I’ll go tonight. I plan on tasking the new Sobeys and Walmart flyers and possibly pm some produce. I’m hoping that they have some good stuff in stock. I haven’t been able to buy strawberries there in 2wks. There were a variety of empty spots on the shelves when I went on Monday evening. I’ll go after my daycare girls go home, or after supper tonight.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was finally able to speak with my neurologist yesterday. We’re checking into the next treatment option and pricing it out with dh’s medical coverage. I’ve pretty much run the gambit with migraine preventatives, and they haven’t worked. I’m scheduled for an acupuncture and chiropractic treatment, but that’s still a couple weeks away.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!

Enjoy the day!

Such a cute and adorable image, @Natalka ! Wish I could hug you for brightening a gray and wet day here in Ontario.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yours truly will not be doing any gardening today--too wet to bother and I'm not keen to test my clothes and shoes in the mud.
    Delighted to have done some errands last night and this morning.

Breakfast was a mix of two Sidekick packages (Mexican Rice and Creamy Bacon Carbonara) and my vitamin drink mix plus a slice of apricot almond tart. I foresee afternoon mugs of tea and toast with readings of 2017 issues of Cottage Life magazines that I picked up at another branch. Who knew that a sewing kit for screen repairs might be a good thing (fluorocarbon thread and needle, but a curved needle might be better if there is no helper on the other side of the screen to return the needle)? I likely will never visit a cottage but am stumped about its appeal and keen to see what recipes and tips I might glean anyway.

Sure do feel like surfing spring and summer kitchen tools (some kitchen tools need replacing) and patio things as well! My Cdn Tire has some of the Lagostina Diamond baking pans so I will visit the store to see if they are really as exciting in real life as in the new catalogue. I also tagged some items online to prompt sales alerts to my account. Noticed I can see my transaction totals from past purchases up to last July. Will pop into my TJX StylePlus account to see if the new receipt feature is working there too (emailed receipts when I buy in-store but I still get paper receipts).

Completed three receipt surveys yesterday.

Perused the flyers today (no Longos, Rexall or Staples flyers) and clipped coupons from the two inserts.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Music powering my posts-Cowboy Bebop's What Planet is This?-this morning. Peppy and jazzy sounds make me want to dance.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

For the Miracle Gro product users, check tomorrow online to see if Canadian Tire has marked for sale your favourite potting or soil mix. The new flyer indicates 20% off selected kinds of Miracle Gro products. I could have saved money had I waited one week for Sea Compost, but I wanted the soil into the flowerbeds ASAP.

For about three weeks, our flyer has been coming via Canada Post instead of the weekly paper bundle.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@jasperandchar -it's about one year since your family bought the new car. How has it been owning it through the winter? Any unexpectedly good or bad maintenance issues?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My PC MC had a charge on it a few weeks ago that was not mine. After back and forth they said it was fraudulent and deactivated the card and were sending me a new one. Received it today! I have felt naked without it lol.

I went to RCSS at lunch to grab a few requests from DS for hockey game tonight lol. Used change to buy spinach dip and pitas, wings and a few other things. Spent $9.80 at RCSS and $11.50 at GT. We have fries and onion rings at home to make his terrible fattening meal complete lol.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information