User Tag List

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have nasty weather this weekend . I need to go to my moms for a bit and do a bitof work there.
    I may hit up local expensive store for any needs...
    The rabbit needs his herbs... cute little thing... but he does love his parsley.
    I could enjoy a weekend home where I could just get stuff done.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished making my grocery list only to log into my pc account and notice the 4000 points wub 40$ finish tomorrow.Glad I checked.I hope to make it tomorrow.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I went grocery shopping after work to just get it done. No Frills had extra lean beef on for $7.65 kg and then 30% off. I bought 4 family trays and received 200 PC pts per $1 and used a gift card I was gifted. Made 14 burger patties and a large cookie sheet full of meatballs. The other 2 trays are in freezer to make taco meat. I bought lots of fresh veggies and fruits so lots of good meals this week. Glad to have the shopping done.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning All,
    This past week has been one of those weeks nothing big really happened but wow was it a week.

We did our shopping on Tuesday and I have to admit I am getting a little annoyed with my No Frills, a couple years ago I stopped shopping there and might be time to stop again. I like them because I can Price Match but they are now making Price Matching almost impossible. Instead of going by local competition for Price Matching they claim they did a survey asking customers other stores they shop at (funny I am in there at least once a week if not more and I was never asked) and now seem to only Price Match the higher end stores. When the woman in front of me was trying to Price Match I pointed out you need to drive by the store she is trying to Price Match to get the one they said they were willing match and was told it doesn't matter as, as per their survey their customers do not shop at the lower end store. They claim their shoppers won't go to RCSS but will drive further and go to Independent which they even point out usually has the same item on sale but as it was put "is usually a little more but lower then our every day price so you still sale something."

They have also again changed their policy on Price Matching produce, now it has to be from the same place (ie if ad says product of mexico, what they are selling has to be product of mexico to Price Match). Also they are trying to match by brand so even if the ads says 10 lb potatoes but the photo shows Thompson Potatoes they will only Match Thompson 10 lb potatoes. She tried to deny my Price Match of Celery because they sell Dole Celery and the Ad did not say Dole Celery but when I started to make a fuss another cashier said as the long as the it is product of the same place to go ahead. I had this issue a few years ago with RCSS and when I emailed head office I was told they cannot do this. Have not decided if I will email again or just stop going into their store.

Due to the possibility of the Ice Storm this weekend I went into the grocery store after work yesterday and picked up some sandwich meat. We do not normally buy Sandwich meat as we usually make our own by cooking a roast, chicken breast or whole ham but figured with the possibility of losing power it was a good idea to have something on hand we do not need to cook. Only downside was as I was checking out the woman behind me asked me a question and I did not watch them bag my groceries and when i got home I discovered instead of putting my sandwich meat in the bag with the buns and bread, it was put in the bag with my Jam and Butter and was mashed into a nice Sandwich Meat Brick.

With all of that being said quite happy with the deals we got this past week, we only only needed fresh stuff so it was a cheaper shopping week. Now to look at next week's flyer and decide what we need.

The ice has already started here and I see on Facebook everyone is already saying how horrible the roads are so happy we changed our plans and decided to stay home this weekend.

Hope everyone in Ontario is staying safe and have a great day everyone.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all -I had a sore stomach last night so went to bed early ,well woke up with stomach bug -running to the ladies room -so I didn't get groceries this week -no worries as I am sipping on my powerade plus my freezer has meat in it but may just let hubby get a take out of some sort if he feels like it
    -soooo windy out hope this ice storm doesn't go into sunday morning as my son-in-law is travelling on the road with Sebastian , as a mom I tend to worry a tiny bit -on a good note my daughter got a new job and is so happy
    -sassy I had that happen at Walmart about a year ago -cant price match the fruit I was getting unless it was the country (like mexico as you said,but it hasn't been lately

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Maxi:All the items purchased where in sale.Spend 60,85$ Used 25,00$ Loblaws giftcard to paid,earned 10 000 points and requested 10 000 points so if I consider next time redeeming that is an oop of 15,75$ Used 2,00$ in coupons too
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Thank-you I was just saying to my co-worker it feels good to be able to do that for them. I'm just happy he has a car now so I am not his taxi service anymore 1 down 1 to go lol
    Another sweet reason to have treated him-the price of gas is unreal. $1.36/L this morning at my local Petro Canada near Fortinos in Ancaster. I intend to start grass-cutting next week and likely will do a supper hour visit to get the can filled.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Maxi:All the items purchased where in sale.Spend 60,85$ Used 25,00$ Loblaws giftcard to paid,earned 10 000 points and requested 10 000 points so if I consider next time redeeming that is an oop of 15,75$ Used 2,00$ in coupons too
    Great that the gift card came for you after the ID hassle, @cath007 !
    I found two Whiskas dry cat food B1G1 free coupons yesterday for you and the envelope was put into the mailbox today. Hope you get it by next Thursday!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Upsides of knowing this weekend's forecast a few days ago:
    Like @coupon girl , I did some yard raking on Thursday night and yesterday. I'll have to collect branches this weekend.
    Definitely have become a toast person over the last 2 nights! Purchased Nutella yesterday and I had it on cracked wheat toast for breakfast today. Like @sassy Ashley and other SCers, made a point to get some groceries before Saturday just in case power winks out. This morning, a branch must have touched a hydro line as power blinked for a second. That got me motivated to get into the shower and find breakfast asap!
    I'm ready for grasscutting next week (despite lumpy yard) as some areas have long grass and other spots look like they are still hibernating or dead. One area of the yard still needs a raking/collection to have contents ready for Tuesday pickup *you better believe I'll do it.*

Fascinating tidbit from another 2017 issue of Cottage Life -red squirrels need 200 cones (pine, spruce) per winter day and that is why squirrel cache so many in their territory. Pity I just raked up lots this week, so I cut into their spring food supply. Next time, I'll pile the cones near the trees and bag just the branches. Wanted to reduce what I will mow over next week.

BTW, I liked that the magazine had a growing trees article in their Canada 150 issue. Given how many places in Canada have had forest fires and that many urbanites and suburbanites may not even have orchard or fruit type trees on their residential properties (let alone on cottage properties), more trees are needed due to losses in winter and spring storms too. But the magazine was aiming for native tree plantings and there was a 2-page spread on the different conifers one could consider.

I also noticed a DIY wired and wooden herb planter project to keep the garden deer-proof. Seems like a costly and heavy effort to garden in a natural setting with wildlife around. Isn't there a rooftop version one could use or some Ikea kind of of solution? BTW, on the reuse of wooden pallets for projects-avoid ones stamped MB (for treatment using toxic methyl bromide. HT or KD stamps are ok; never knew that treatment stamps are on pallets!).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

This afternoon, if Mom is done with her baking plans, I'll consider making a biscuit recipe to go with night tea. Have pop and chips for snacking needs covered.
    Must admit to having a major patio furniture and accessories thought-train this week. Would be a customer on a mission if I could get all the Canvas items from Cdn Tire and items from Lowes and Rona that I really, really want (and an offset umbrella and base would be on that list-of course I don't have delivery logistics figured out). #Spwinter seems on winter mode and well, I'd like spring to get going.

For SCers with DST, we've been one month on the spring-forward time and we've two months to go until peak daylight in June. Does not seem really fair.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    This afternoon, if Mom is done with her baking plans, I'll consider making a biscuit recipe to go with night tea. Have pop and chips for snacking needs covered.
    Must admit to having a major patio furniture and accessories thought-train this week. Would be a customer on a mission if I could get all the Canvas items from Cdn Tire and items from Lowes and Rona that I really, really want (and an offset umbrella and base would be on that list-of course I don't have delivery logistics figured out). #Spwinter seems on winter mode and well, I'd like spring to get going.

For SCers with DST, we've been one month on the spring-forward time and we've two months to go until peak daylight in June. Does not seem really fair.
    Canadian Tire delivers if you order online. Lowes might as well.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Staying in today as winter storm warning. Very windy and the cats are spooked by the wind noises. Glad I have the ingredients to make nachos tonight with leftover chicken and get caught on reading. Went grocery shopping last night at Fortinos and I have enough points for $10 off again. I have given up on Shoppers points as I no longer get all the offers that I did before the merger of the programs.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished 1 part of the quiche lorraine from st-hubert(new product) for supper.It was so good ; I send compliments to the compagny.I hope to get some coupons in return!!!
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was quite successful at the 4yr anniversary sale of a second hand store it town. For $10 you could fill one of their small cloth bags to the top. I bought 20 items for $10. The store was very busy and I was glad that I was able to leave our 3 children at home with Dh.
    2x short sleeved Ricki’s blouses for me
    2x shirts for me
    1x tank top for me
    2x capris/long shorts for me
    1x toddler bib
    1x white toddler apron
    1x dress shoes for twin girl
    1x 2-piece pjs for twin girl
    1x blue sun hat for twin boy (he tried it on for me didn’t want to take it off.)
    2x blue sun hats with UV protection
    5x shorts for ds
    edit: 1x play skirt

I saved some money by refilling my jug with distilled water from a pharmacy for $1, vs $2.49 for a 4L jug at the other pharmacy.

I made sure that Dh took the scratch card to Home Hardware when he picked up parts for household repairs. He only scratched 10% off, but it offsets the taxes. Dh and ds fixed a doorknob and an outdoor light fixture. Dh was quite happy with how much it cost vs having to replace them.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:52 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information