User Tag List

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just joined 2 big couponning group on Facebook.I hope to make others great trades in french !!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-well I am still feeling like crap day 3 -hubby went out and got Gatorade and I said pick up a small carton of milk for your coffee ,he comes back with milk that was 4.98 for 3 bags from Walmart -ugggg oh well
    -we had a gentlemen come and price our new patio door ,so that is ordered will be done in june ,had to put half down on our visa now but we have gone with this company before for our windows -so we will use our income tax for the new door plus a bit more

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thinking of the meal plan for the next few days. I was going to cook a roast beef last night but decided on making homemade pasta sauce for pasta.

So planning to use up stuff on hand/purchased on Friday and not running out to buy anything I think I can make a bunch of good meals that both kids like

Tonight- leftovers. Clean out the fridge night. There is a ham in there for Toasted westerns too.
    Tuesday- Will take out a crockpot ready bag of chicken tonight and toss that in crockpot tonight so it is ready in morning to make up Tupperware container for oldest's dinner. Will make fresh broccoli and a side for him. Will make rice and a small amount of pasta and make a cold pasta salad (using garlic, peppers, tomato and cucumber etc)

Wed- Leftover chicken will be used for quesidias with veggies as side and sliced cucumbers (I bought 5 on Friday!!)

Thursday - Thinking a beef roast with all the fixings. Leftovers for Oldest DS for his Friday night work dinner.

Glad to have a bit of a plan. Many options so I may change it up once I start pulling stuff from freezer tonight.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Second load of laundry is in the dryer. The load of towels had been put away. Both twins are focussing on potty training today, so no pull-ups until nap time. I’ll put another load of laundry on to wash at nap time. I have a full house today.

I’m trying to continue entering contests in hopes of winning something big. Dh and I would love to go on a hot holiday next winter. I’ve only ever done that once in my life.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Good luck angela on the contests -I use to enter years ago when you mailed the entries in ,I won 1,000 years back ,a wooden wagon which Ashlyn still uses -never won a trip -but I did win the echo car from esso (3 across Canada they gave away)lasted me 10 years and I loved that small car ,won an experience once son got to see the harlem globetrotters and got a free baskekball,plus got to throw a ball at the bluejays training game or practise in Toronto-haha many fun wins for the kids

-daughter is off work today so she called me told dont buy Sebastian any more clothing -as she went to H&M and they had buy 2 get 1 free items on sale (something to that effect) I still bought him the used (like new t-shirt paid 2.40 and track pants 4.something )cant tell a nana
    to stop buying-lol

Hubby is off work today our buses were cancelled for the school kids ,so a nice break for him
    Supper tonight French fries and fish for hubby -nothing for me but applesauce or rice or a pieces of toast

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Sweets parrowI was given nearly all of the clothes, particularly for our son’s. That single mom neighbour and friend gave me a lot of the clothes when her son’s outgrew them. I call it our unofficial clothing exchange program. She’s supposed to come over later this week to look through a bin of clothes for her son. I have been given permission to do as I see fit with the clothes. I have donated 3 garbage bags full of clothes to the free church clothing program. I sell most baby clothes for $1/item, which I think is a great deal for other parents. We have room in our shed to keep clothes to sell and keep clothes for our children to grow into. It saves money for everyone.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Apr 16th, 2018 at 04:47 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

What a windy weekend. Only two or three seconds of powering blinking out but coming back. I heard from a friend she had 90min outage yesterday in another part of town. Shovelling slush in the afternoon was unreal.

Picked up branches this morning after laundry, breakfast and a shower. Had a nap (got up too early) then trekked to the library which was open (joy!). Some sidewalks did not get plowed fully or at all--mountain goat trotting time (slippery snow crust on snow windrows).

Yogurt with probiotics are on my afternoon shopping list-need some items. Thought I'd need to buy a new 9V battery (one has a low charge in a smoke detector) but I'll check the second one (the backup) that was bought to see how good it is with its charge (even the dollar store sells 9Vs in pairs).
    @Angela 273 -want you to have your hot winter trip win fulfilled for next winter! Go on, contest away! BTW, Westjet Magazine has a contest for Hawaii, something to do with rainbow papayas.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

My cheque order must be on its way-the payment has been taken from my account (actually $1+ than I understood but I had enough to cover the difference). I'm excited!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The wind is 45km/hr before wind guests today. It’s +5 with -1 windchill. A day to stay indoors.

I’m having trouble with our pharmacy. I really miss our old pharmacists who were competent. I shouldn’t have to worry about them being out of stock. They didn’t tell me that my monthly prescription expired, it wasn’t out of refills so I didn’t know there was a problem. I wish they’d communicate with me instead of making me call multiple times. Hopefully I get my prescription Air Miles this time, without mistakes.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Finally received my trade made on april 3.The person forgot to put the postal code so it was long before it come to me ...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

A productive evening so far! 3 loads of laundry out away. Another in the washer now. 2 ready in laundry room to be done. Saving some bedding for the last load when I loose my steam they just need to be hung up to dry once washed so it will motivate me to follow thru. Kitchen is clean and dishwasher ready to run in 5 mins. I have made the youngest DS's bed with clean bedding.
    I have a crockpot ready bag of chicken thawing in sink now. Will put in crockpot and turn on at 10pm to cook over night.

i cheated and treated the oldest to DQ for dinner since it was just the 2 of us home and gave him the free sundae coupons to treat a girl on another day lol.

Just st took pictures of 4 items and will post for sale tonight. Hope to go thru 1 box tonight but not pushing my luck. I will be happy getting all the laundry done and put away 😉

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we lost power for 13 ish hours.
    I cannceled the dc kids for the day. i had hubby bring on chinese food.

my puppies were not happy with the weather. both are exhusted and sleeping now.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I want to make a trade for coupons I really want but the person is never connected since 1 week ....I will wait the time it take

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I was able to pick up my required prescriptions and it says 266AM from the transaction. I just have to wait for it to show up on my account. I took twin boy with me. I redeemed a rain check for bagels. Got rain checks for perogies and taco kits. I bought a 4pk of bread and already received $0.15 on CO51 for the bread. The deli was out of stock of cooked rotisserie chickens so I made sure to get a coupon, free chicken some other day.

Tonight’s supper was roast pork (SCOP’d at WM), potato wedges, sliced cucumber, sliced watermelon, and unsweetened applesauce. The kids ate a lot of meat, especially our little girl, so no leftovers.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning. we have more snow. and it is brrr cold out.
    but I have power... so that is good.
    I am working today. I am sure it will work out to be a great day... but big need for caffine .

not sure what supper is . Youngest will hav veggie low mein. we ordered chinese last night due to no power.. and she has left overs. might do a big ham. ... hmm. sounds good. roasted potataoes. , veggies. hmm. yep. that is a plan.

I am going to start pulling stuff to post to buy and sell sites. a little cash flow would be nice.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information