User Tag List

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I was just reading about Toronto libraries lending out hotspots for internet for up to 6 months-free internet at home. Not sure if you are in Toronto area or if this would be of interest to you.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!
    Made DS a Tupperware container of food for his dinner. Crockpot chicken was put in a container and in the fridge for tonight's dinner. Which I realize I have no time to eat. DS has his night class and they are on a field trip so I have to drive him there and pick him up. I also have an information meeting for the hockey program he is in for 2 credits in Sept for Grade 9. Then I have to get DS to his ball hockey game. Because of all this I am working through my lunch (thank gosh for my potato bacon soup I made for a quick grab) and a pile of fruit! So a long day for DS and I. We won't be home till 930pm. At least there is food made for when DS gets home and is starving.

It just started snowing here. I made an appt. to take my winter tires off on Monday. I'm done!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Just started snowing here - we shouldn't get much, though.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am keeping my winter tires on as next week I am driving through mountain roads to BC to pick up my daughter from uni and bring her and her gear home for the summer.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@Angela273 : Congratulations on all the clothes. I know for myself, it's such a relief not to have to go out and buy everything new when the next size comes due. At the moment, I'm squishing my daughter into her old clothes until we see a friend in less than two weeks.

Good luck on those contest entries too. I've never won much except for an autographed copy of a book (gone to my brother-in-law), a pair of pearl earrings (given away in a contest of my own as I do not have pierced ears), a sapphire and diamond ring (someone's older ring which they gave away in a similar contest to mine, given to my mother).

A small box of dried fruit came today from the Loblaws brand. Finally!

What a crazy weekend. Schools and daycares were cancelled yesterday, so DH and I stayed home. I tried going to the bank to close my account, but it was closed because the roof flooded and ceiling tiles had fallen, making quite a mess.

I went to the FreshCo to buy some pitas, to hopefully use up the ricotta cheese in the fridge. The ceiling was covered with heavy plastic tarp and there were leaks everywhere that were collecting behind the tarp. The cashier said the damage started on the weekend.

Today, I tried to drop off DD1 and had to use an alternate entrance because the ice had jammed the doors shut. On the way to work, people were walking on the road as the ice had frozen over and made the pathways very uneven. I sent DD1 to school with her new mittens. Hopefully, they last at least a year or two.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I forgot to mention that next week or the next few days will be a heavy grocery week. Because of the ice storm and the warnings issued not to leave home if we don't have to, I didn't even step out to get milk for DD2. She drank skim for a day but I did pick up some 3.25% coming into work this morning. Our fridge is almost empty except for some rice and frozen foods I cooked from last night.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished watching qc flyers for the upcoming week.They have a few good deals!!!!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@giseldta I’m glad the power is back on at your house.

We still have 45km/hr winds. It’s supposed to add rain and snow as the day goes on. I wanted to take the kids outside this morning, but my daycare mom would like them to stay in. Plan B is baking oatmeal cherry squares. Depending on the weather and road conditions, I plan on doing some shoppping and errands this evening. Need to do it as a family because we are looking for shin guards for our twins for soccer.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Apr 17th, 2018 at 11:12 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sweetsparrow -I am like you living off the food I have -as I have not gone out all weekend due to the ice storem and bug I had,well today I have no stomach cramps so a good thing ,I am thinking this is almost gone don't want to chance it and go out today til I feel 100% better
    Angela -that's a good system you have with the clothing ,everyone benefits cheaper clothing ,you donated a bit ,my daughter-in-law #1 is a shopaholic she even told me so she did go overboard on clothing for Ashlyn but then she lent it all to her sister who has a 1 and half year old and when it comes back she goes thu it to see if cara needs it ,cara is not as cubby as Ashlyn was at almost 5 months ,I even saw her sitting up last weekend for about 2 minutes -lol so even thou Ashlyn was born in (oct) ,cara (nov ) same season they are different sizes -so my daughter-in-law made $97.00 from a Rubbermaid tote full of clothing and a cover for a car seat,then we went to another location of once upon a child and she made another $38 so $135 was a nice amount most of it was all summer stuff like new inturn she only bought a new portable change pad 9.99 and new playpen bedding 12.99 and 2 gym tops for Ashlyn used 2.40 each ,I must admit I love shopping but worked many years in retail so I hate shopping in stores I love online shopping thou since I started 2 years ago and I find it a thrill to get cheaper clothing for the grandkids when I went to see the girl last week -I gave cara a sleeper I bought for 3.00 at Walmart and Ashlyn a tank top 4.00 from gymboyee when I go see Sebastian this sat I have a t-shirt for 2.40 used but like new ,pants 4.80 used and a new star wars t-shirt 3.00( I may give that to him for his birthday in sept thou)plus I love the thrill of thrift shopping angela I remember bags sales going with my mom when I was age 8-10 as my dad was
    out of work as he had a stroke and was paralyzed so I learnt early on to thrift shop ,I guess it was instilled in me -lol
    -lunch gonna have my homemade soup I froze last week ,supper not sure yet ,just ordered free socks from my honeynut cherrios box for hubby a pair of honey nut brown bee socks -haha free is good

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since morning gas prices at the full service gas station tend to be about $1.31/l and drop about 10 cents in the afternoon, I intend to buy gas on Wednesday afternoon for the mowers. Yes, I could use the self-serve Esso station, but then I'd have to park the container outside somewhere before going into the store to pay. Thus the full service station works for me-have to make sure to get a receipt too.

Light snow is falling. I knew it was in the forecast for Tuesday but this morning's show on CH showed snowflake symbols for Wed and Thurs too. Guess more yardwork prep is in the cards for those days and then it's mowing time on the weekend. Need to find out from sibling which oilcan is for the push mower as I know its oil level is low. Never occurs to the men folk to put a tape label on a container stating this oil is for the ride mower, this one is for the push mower.
    @lizzie bargain -I'm not in Toronto and so cannot use the portable hotspot loan program (would have to pay to reactivate my TPL card for three months unless I were to get employment in Toronto, then my card would be *free* to activate). I use the Hamilton Public Library computers for Internet access and when my laptop was working, I lugged it to my branch and connected the computer to the wi-fi so I could update the browser, OS and other apps. The memories...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village has 50% off jeans and pants for Club Saver members tomorrow! Almost forgot to post the sale item.
    I plan to visit a different store location just to see what stock is on the racks and to look at sewing patterns.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well I will be missing that 50% at value village don't need jeans anyway -need more tops and tanks -I need to get out to get my prescription on Wednesday I will ,well I lost 2 and a half pounds from not eating much the past 3 days but back to eating good stuff now -my homemade soup and crackers
    did a load of towels this morning waiting til after 7.00 to dry them ,plus mended a sweater daughter gave me -its a lovely gap ,car coat sweater with pockets -yeah

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Since morning gas prices at the full service gas station tend to be about $1.31/l and drop about 10 cents in the afternoon, I intend to buy gas on Wednesday afternoon for the mowers. Yes, I could use the self-serve Esso station, but then I'd have to park the container outside somewhere before going into the store to pay. Thus the full service station works for me-have to make sure to get a receipt too.
    I don't know if you have the option, but gas tends to drop in the evenings by about $0.10/L. I pop out at 11 PM and there are no lineups, but it is proper cold and icy out there!

Are you talking about lawn mowers? You actually have grass to mow?

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Received my sample boxe today with 10 samples and 1 fpc for goldfish.I am deceived to not have the fpcs for the so fresh and stain remover .....

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Also thank you @Ciel for the coupons

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast

Thread Information