User Tag List

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Granger View Post
    Oh please don't read too much into my post. She follows daycare guidelines and receipts! I was more describing her style than her standard of care. It was a stressful process because there was so much information for me to learn and questions to ask. She is also not a stranger, I have been to her home several times over the course of the years. She will be far better off in this care than she will be in a crammed kindergarten classroom in a year's time. Many providers I spoke to keep their daycare space a separate entity to their family. She does not. I want my daughter safe with someone I trust. I found that. Thank you though for your concern, I read a few articles as to why guidelines were tightened. Unfortunately, licensed spaces are very hard to come by in our area for day care and after care. Since I am rural, I cannot rely on neighbours.
    that is excellent!! I am very glad for you . parts of the rules I agree with.. and some of them are just ... ugh. and since I live in a mostly rural area I feel your pain.

Cath007 - let me peek at your coupon list again.. I thought I saw you have the brand of dog food I need... I will message you.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

What a difference a week makes, my dad died suddenly last Wednesday morning and he was just 71. He had been recovering well from the knee surgery so we are all in shock. Mom is with us for a while and then we need to return to the business of life. But it's just so overwhelming and it was unexpected.
    Catching up here makes life seem normal again.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    What a difference a week makes, my dad died suddenly last Wednesday morning and he was just 71. He had been recovering well from the knee surgery so we are all in shock. Mom is with us for a while and then we need to return to the business of life. But it's just so overwhelming and it was unexpected.
    Im so sorry for your loss. Hugs

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, lilo, I am so very sorry, my condolences on your loss. I know it's devastating.

Wishing you strength, grace, and peace.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

zebra coupons have free coupons with the code Spring 2018 free shipping.I just ordered mine.A few are out of stock.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh lilo -so sorry for the loss of your dear dad

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

So sorry for your loss.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Lilo - I am so sorry for your loss. many hugs

took meds at bed last night. finally had a decent nights sleep . still woke with the headache from...#ell. none of my reg sinus meds seem to be working on it.
    goal for today is to clean up the coupon bin at quiet time . and prep felt food for a trip. We need to drive to sheridan collage on saturday. and I usually do something while in the vehicle. working on my felt food is a good thing to do .

I need to figure out supper. I hve the rest of the ham to use up. ... not sure what to do with it. maybe a nice quiche
    Last edited by Giseledta; Thu, Apr 19th, 2018 at 07:45 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    (1) skinfix for ezema 8-marked down to 4.34 for my daughter-in-law and Ashlyn (they are discountining items)
    @coupon girl : Submit your receipt for the SkinFX for an extra $2.50 off with CO51!
    @lilo0003 : I'm so very sorry for your loss.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks everyone for your words of comfort. Its what keeps us going in times like this. @Giseledta the Oakville campus is very close to our home. Its been amazing to watching this little college become something so incredible. On Tuesdays the Superstore does 10% off for students and they bring them up to the store by buses. I always try to not shop on a Tuesday because its so busy. This week I went on Tuesday because it was the 1st day home and realized they mark lots of stuff down and I scored a 6 pack of pecan tarts (mom and older son love them) with a best before 5 days ways for 44 cents and then a pink stick so it was 31 cents. So I may just start shopping with the students. @Granger we too used a home day care and honestly the last one was the best and I have no regrets. 12 yrs later and we are still friends and my younger son at 15 has been best friends with her son for 12 yrs. You can't put a price on good care.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@lilo0003 Thinking of you and your family at this time.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

My boys went to home daycare as well. It was a sister of a girl I worked with so was nice to have that connection. Just the other day she messaged my oldest to ask where his band is playing because she wants to check it out! I thought that was awesome!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks sweetsparrow for the tip -but I didn't have that offer ,I use a desktop for my checkout51 as I don't own a cell phone ,still 4.24 was a cheap deal
    -may pop over to library and then seniors day at shoppers -I have a big turk offer from caddle and that's hubby's favourite chocolate bar or snack size
    -today is the day we met many years ago (funny how certain dates are etched in our minds)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Sorry to hear this my dad died 3 years ago from cancer. He would been 70 this year. It’s incredibly difficult to go on after your dad dies especially if you were daddies little girl. I still have not grieved him I been too busy dealing with everything else in my life. The time will come when I have time to grieve him in the aspect of him as if he was still living like I mean the actual part that I will let go of as though he is still living.

Anyways it’s about how you deal with grief and it’s 7 stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@greentires4me I was daddy's little girl even at my age. His funeral was on my birthday so we will forever share that. I understand your pain, because as long as you keep moving you can pretend it did not happen, even though in your heart you know it did. My head won't let me go there so I can only imagine where I will be with my grief in three years.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information