User Tag List

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Can you redeem points on a No Frills transaction and earn points on the same transaction? I’ve heard different things, so I’ve been unsure about redeeming. I asked a supervisor recently, but there was a language barrier so I can’t certain that she fully understood. She said I couldn’t redeem points and earn points on the same transaction.
    Not sure ,will see i am in qc so I just have a Maxi.
    EDIT:I asked in fb couponning groups and the response was a yes but you cannot redeem the points earned this transaction at the same time..Will see
    Last edited by cath007; Thu, Apr 19th, 2018 at 07:16 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Not sure ,will see i am in qc so I just have a Maxi.
    EDIT:I asked in fb couponning groups and the response was a yes but you cannot redeem the points earned this transaction at the same time..Will see
    Ok, I know what you mean. I can redeem my $50 in existing points and still earn points towards a future transaction.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My newest Daycare girl is leaving my care at the end of the month. Her mom’s employment situation changed and she no longer requires childcare services in my community. I’ve updated my advertisement and hope to fill the spot before May 1. I have made arrangements to meet with one potential new Daycare parent next week.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Can you redeem points on a No Frills transaction and earn points on the same transaction? I’ve heard different things, so I’ve been unsure about redeeming. I asked a supervisor recently, but there was a language barrier so I can’t certain that she fully understood. She said I couldn’t redeem points and earn points on the same transaction.
    @Angela273 : You can receive individual point offers like 200 points per dollar spent on apples and redeem. I think the cashier meant that you can not earn points on the overall spend offers. For example, if you had 7500 points WUS $75, you can't redeem $70 in points at the same time.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yes you can i redeemed 10,000 pts and got 2500 pts it says it in then offers for how much you can redeem click on the offer in your app and scroll down to read the fine print. That’s what I do to make sure I can redeem before I can do so. Some offers in the fine print say you can’t but others say you can...

Everyone read the fine print of an offer before redeeming and stop saying you cannot because the last transaction I made I got pts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela hope you fill your spot soon.

my pc offers this week rock. its just a matter of getting to nofrills on Saturday . I am hoping it is doable.
    tonight I am heading over to my parents to do a bit of rug removal. their basement flooded last week.....

today.. we have sun... and are going to the park!!!!! it is sunny!!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh dear. The government has finally withdrawn my cheque (my accidental overcontribution to my TFSA during my days of early motherhood of DD2). I hope my application for interest relief goes through. The amount was nearly 10% of my EI money while on maternity leave. I wonder if you can reapply if you get denied. I also forgot to mention (in the application) that it was within the first few months of DD2's birth and we were in and out of the doctor's and hospital so much, I had no idea whether I was coming or going. I did things like pay credit card bills twice and other things I wouldn't have done had we not had biweekly trips to a medical office.

I will now be sitting on eggshells until I receive a letter back in the mail. I'm really hoping they will issue the full amount back.
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Fri, Apr 20th, 2018 at 11:08 AM.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

In shopping news, I had to do a produce shop at No Frills yesterday as we were out of staples for DD2's meals. She still will not eat anything new and spits out anything she has not tried before. I tried giving her some fish and some mango with no success this week. Tomorrow, I will try pureed mango to see if that makes any difference. She is now eating oatmeal in the morning, so that's something at least.

On my first shop, I bought four bags of grapes for over $20. That was insane! Unfortunately, it is one of the only things DD2 will eat, so... On the bright side, I had 300 points per $, as well as the 2000 points per $20 on produce. The grapes are sour and the skin is quite thick. I probably could have put the two cartons of strawberries back to bring the total down from $26.52 to $22, and then halved the bunch of bananas. I didn't know if we would find the 1 lb carton of strawberries at the Superstore this weekend though. I received 8600 points back and had I put the strawberries and bananas back, I could have done a little better.

On the second shop, I bought two bags of apples for 300 points per $, a case of mangoes, a carton of strawberries, and two oranges to get the 2000 points wus $20. I received 4400 points back.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!

Used up the leftover ham for DS's lunch. Filled the sink with soapy water this morning and washed all the stray dishes so they are drying on the counter. Put a bit of laundry away this morning (just did not get to it all last night!) But I did put a load in the washer then moved it to the dryer and did hang up to dry the things I didn't want in dryer so at least I did that.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Income tax done!!! Send me the refund. Thanks to RRSP contributions.
    DS is getting lots of money back too. And back pay since we are filing last years as well for him. Will gather up all his refund cheques and make sure he saves a portion and does good things with it. Then set him up for direct deposit.
    Glad to have that done and out of the way.

WOW. What a nice day it is out there. Can't wait to enjoy this weekend. I need to clean out closet and move the summer stuff! No winter jacket needed today!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Made bath fizzies this morning. Intending to sell 4 out of each batch and keep one or two for myself. I priced out locally and the cost of buying them of the same size is 8.99. Making the batch worked out to under 3 to 4 dollars a batch with shrink wrap.( taking the cost of each item divided by ounces in the package times by the ounces used per batch an d totalling it all) i ordered all my essential oils on Amazon for a third of the cost i could get them locally.

I ordered 6 phone cases from china gor our new phones. 6 to 8 dollars each. Each one has a spot for a credit or debit card. One for me has spots for 3.
    The ones we dont like I'll pop on facebook to sell.

Left overs for lunch and we will est out of the freexer for supper.

This weekend is ys's local hockey tournament so i have to do cookies for the dessert table and we are running the score clock for 2 games.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is more difficult than a thought to make trade in my 3 french couponning groups because I have some fancy research for my fpcs and rares coupons.Some people dont respont,some people take their time and some people will loose your time ....At least I tried.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So Sorry for your loss Lillo
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

After a slow and bad start I finally made 3 decents trades for coupons I wanted on my 3 french fb couponning groups 4 cheeses coupons 5$ agropur,becel coupons,colgate palmolive coupons and 4 x 2$ st-hubert peelies good on frozen products I wanted
    Last edited by cath007; Fri, Apr 20th, 2018 at 08:22 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

WOW what a week, our large project we have been working on for months was passed off to our managers today to review and provide feedback. Today was extremely insane as we thought we were on target until we realized how many pages only had mock ups but had not been re created in the final format. So I was circling the office working with my team to get everything done. It was a lot of do we have this page _____ yes, okay do we have ______ no, okay you work on that I will work on this let me know when your done. When all was said and done around 3 it was uploaded for the managers and now we wait for feedback.

Because I was so busy we did not do a big shop this week, instead I just ran into No Frills last night after work to grab a few things to get through the weekend. I grabbed Milk, Apples, Bananas and Peppers. The apples and peppers were an impulse buy as they were on sale and we had a PC offer for them.

Now it is time to catch up on everything else. I have a ton of other work stuff to catch up and my house needs some serious attention. Now with that being said none of it may get done this weekend as right now I am just so mentally and physically done that I may just need to take a break this weekend before diving back in next week.

Hope everyone has a great night, going to watch some TV and relax before bed.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information