User Tag List

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am still writting to a bunch of compagnies for coupons!!! Contacted Purina canada on fb to say I have not receive my 2 fpcs for proplan.They respond me they where mailed yesterday and if they dont arrive may 1 to call them
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will have 4 Oka Lartisan close to free cheese at maxi this week.Here how: 5,00$ coupons x 4 + 800 pc points on each oka cheese + 100 points per 1$ spend on cheese and the cheese cost 7,00$ .Happy me !!!!
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Just wanted to show u my new specs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I still need to writh to 5 compagnies and I am done after and will take it easy!!! (they put a document on french couponning group coupons mamzelle for writting to compagnies)
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    Not sure what it up lately, I am used to almost always feeling a bit tired but lately I have been sleeping insane amounts. I am lucky to make it to 8:30 these days before I am in bed. Although I do know one of my internal issues is acting up and I am trying to clear it up without getting a prescription using natural remedies. Issue I have is the prescription meds works but they set off another issue I have and I end jumping between the 2 meds and trying to balance the flare ups. So I am wondering if my body is trying to clear the infection which is making me so tired and might also be why I am not feeling the best. Down side to this issue is you actually get worse before you get better which is hard to manage as it can cause flu like symptoms for sometimes up to 2 weeks.

Tuesday night we went and did our grocery shopping and didn't need a lot which was nice. WE got:
    Yogurt $1.88 plus 200 PC PTS for every $1 spent
    Salad Dressing $1.97 (we make most of our dressings but do buy ranch and Cesar as we have not found a recipe for these we like as much as Kraft)
    Bananas (no sale just an item I always keep on hand)
    Mushrooms (not on sale so bought the naturally imperfect which are a good price if no one has on sale)
    Mozzarella Cheese $3.77
    Rye Bread $1.88
    Bagels $1.88 plus 200 PC PTS per $1 Spent

Not a lot this week. I might run into the store tomorrow night after work depending on the sales (I haven't looked yet) to see if there any fruit I can pick up to take with me next week. I have apples and bananas at home, I was hoping for some oranges but when we went to buy them this week they weren't very nice looking. I will also take yogurt and I know this will sound odd but bread with butter as really helps my stomach.

I have to admit I am struggling with diet right now, biggest reason being I have 2 issues I suffer from but they are not constant, they flare up and both can flare up due to stress and one can set off the other issue. Issue I am having is both come with their own set of "diet" restrictions only issue is they are complete opposites. For one issue they suggest Grains, Carbs and Starchy foods the other issue tells you to avoid these foods. Therefore I have decided to not follow either diet and just use natural supplements, I realize what the large triggers are and try to limit those. The one recommended diet is impossible to follow, extremely limited, not only are you limited to the foods you can eat but even the foods you can eat are limited (ie you can eat Kale but not more then 6 oz a week or you can eat salads but now more then 2 a week with no more than 3 oz of lettuce per salads no additional veg are allowed as they say you shouldn't be consuming raw vegetables only steamed vegetables and on the salad you cannot add anything as you are not to be consuming any oils or vinegar and lemon juice is allowed but only in water as you are limited to so much each week). As well the more research I do on this diet the more muddy it becomes as some bring forth extremely good points on why the diet is not healthy due to what you have to cut out and that it can actually cause other issues. So needless to say I have decided to try my way first.

Alright well back to work, hope everyone has a great day, the rain is clearing up here and the sun is coming out which is nice
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! It's almost Friday finally! This has been a long week.Went to the movies with the girls last night. 6 of us. I treated myself to the frozen yogurt! It was good. The movie was ok but not as funny as I was expecting. My bestie agreed (The new one with the Comedian Amy S.) Glad we went though since it's nice to get out. We met before to chat.Loaded my PC pts and have a bunch of good offers. 200 pts per $1 spent on chicken or pork so will see if I find any deals. I haven't really cooked much this week. I did cook a roast beef which we have all been eating in sandwiches etc. Last night was hockey so I bought pizza for the boys to make in the oven. I had an English muffin toasted with PB when I got home from movies (I am not a fan of frozen pizza at all)Saturday is the Elmvale Maple Syrup Festival. Largest 1 day in Ontario. Meeting my sister and niece there in the morning. Seems to be our tradition since my niece was born almost 4 years ago. Have a great day everyone!

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    How about putting hot pink duct tape on the handles or sides of your tools? Or some other shiny/bright stickers?
    Then he'd be more careful about mixing your tools with his tools (especially if his friends notice).
    As it's saundyl, maybe a knitted or crocheted handle cover? Or seeing that toolboxes might get a bit dirty, maybe a ribbon attached to the handle.

[QUOTE=Angela273;6889202]My dad's wife has suggested a burger place in Saskatoon, which would be to my dad's taste. This restaurant also serves awesome home made icecreams, including diabetic varieties. His wife plans on paying for supper for everyone who attends. My dad loves to karaoke and we were planning on going singing that night. A lot of us sing, myself included. My younger sister, my mom's daughter, has agreed to babysit for us while we go out singing. Grandma used to join us at karaoke. I like the idea of possibly giving Dad an electronic photo frame with family pictures in it. Grandma used to have one in her room that my aunt would update with new family pictures that we would send to her.[/Qtir UOTE]

Sounds fun!

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    Just wanted to show u my new specs...
    @greentires4me : Very nice! Smart and sleek looking.

Bought new all season tires for DH's car and paid for a two year plate sticker. Goodness, even free cars are expensive! I think I'm due for an oil change soon too. I feel alright about the cost as we called around a few places, but I'm not entirely sure DH's place includes the tax. If I picked them up, we would be saving $50. Somehow, the prices always change when he goes in from the phone call.

This weekend, I'll be seeing a friend I haven't seen in about a year. She suggested pizza as things get hectic with the kids. Anyone know of any pizza sales?
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Apr 26th, 2018 at 10:14 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sweet Sparrow are you looking for frozen pizzas or to order pizza?

If ordering not sure if you use Facebook but I have noticed most Friday when I go on to post for work Pizzaville has been posting weekend specials.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@SassyAshley : I have some frozen pizzas in the fridge, but I think ordering a fresh one may be preferred. I checked and there are no Pizzaville locations nearby. We have Dominos, Pizza Pizza, and Pizza Nova around our block. Thanks!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @SassyAshley: I have some frozen pizzas in the fridge, but I think ordering a fresh one may be preferred. I checked and there are no Pizzaville locations nearby. We have Dominos, Pizza Pizza, and Pizza Nova around our block. Thanks!
    Dominos routinely has coupon codes on their website. Monday’s are usually 50% off any regular priced pizza.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well popped out to zarkys this morning -fresh buns and deli meat plus a cinnamon bun also -yumm

-went to pluto"s this morning also took my daughter's clothing and my daughter-in-laws only received a 1.00 for a summer top but inturn I bought a "jones of new York t-shirt (looks like new)for me beige with floral trim and a trim around chest pocket it was 7.00 its a 1X so its a bit roomy but I am tired of t-shirts that are too clingy to my belly plus 2 bottles of adias cologne 4.00 each then I got a shower gel for free (buy 2 get 1 free item)

-hubby just broke a nice big mug I had for years in the garage -oh well it wasn't fancy it had a radio station on it and I received it from work years ago

-greentiresforme -nice glasses,they suit you

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    @SassyAshley: I have some frozen pizzas in the fridge, but I think ordering a fresh one may be preferred. I checked and there are no Pizzaville locations nearby. We have Dominos, Pizza Pizza, and Pizza Nova around our block. Thanks!
    While I LOVE Pizza Pizza (Hawaiian, Sweet Chili Thai), I'd lean more towards Pizza Nova (treat yourselves as it's been 1 year since your last visit and YOU ARE WORTH IT). Sibling has been buying Domino's pizza lately and I have discovered I cannot stand Philly cheesesteak or whatever that combo is nor anything with spicy or hot peppers.

For Toronto area PIzza PIzza, there's the Fan Favourite 3 topping pizza with 3 -355ml Coke bevvies-starts from $14.99 (small) and you can upsize to X-large for $3.50.
    Another promo-2 Medium pizzas with 4 toppings combined (as in total for both pizzas, not 4 toppings per pizza) and 6 -355ml Cokes plus two dips for $19.99.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is in full beam mode so it was grasscutting day (I was surprised that almost all of the grass was cut on 7/8 tank of gas in a push mower-had to add gas to finish that last 5 min of cutting)! Also wash the flannel bedding and comforter laundry day and heck, do some other tasks at home. Have to remember to trim some grass with clippers later today or feign ignorance until Monday (two days of rain are upon Hamilton starting tomorrow).

First time hanging some laundry outside. I am still eyeing the branches doomed for cutting...

No community paper bundle as of 3:30pm but I saw one part of the street did have bundles ...maybe a late start on delivery or change in contractor again?
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@SassyAshley -when you feel off, trust your own judgement on food/drink/rest/environments. Though I'd say go for the salad ingredients you want when you are hungry and how much you want. I'd be keen on cooking broccoli and cauliflower or roasting them, not eating any of it raw (never learned to like those veggies raw). As for kale, are you having olive oil with it when you eat it?

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

No luck spotting a store with Woolite detergent on sale this week (yes, I looked at Rexall too unless I failed to notice something for this week-I was looking at tomorrow's flyer).

Lowe's flyer-$4.99 price on Miracle-Gro Sea compost!
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information