User Tag List

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We spent several hours outside today. We walked to the park this morning. Late this afternoon I used a shovel to remove grass that was growing over top of our driveway, on both sides. I’m feeling it some now. I’m trying to make sure that I don’t fill up our garbage can too much in one week.

I’m going to my first acupuncture appointment in the morning. We’ll see how that goes and if it helps with the pain.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

@Angela273 :I pm ed you this afternoon about a possible trade ;could you get back to me even if you are not interested.Thank you very much
    Ciel, macw1960 and avrose like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    A change in plans for today as it looks like Mom has the flu, when I got up she just wanted to sleep but she is still sick.

I am go ahead with the plans to wash the bedding, mine is going now and hopefully when mine is done Mom will be up and I can wash hers as they will need it now.

Other plans we had for today are on hold for now which kind of works in my favour as I will do some work instead. This past week was the week of issues, they were not big issues but enough that they just took up enough time to interrupt my day and made it so I did not get some things I needed to get done, done. So I did some catch up last night and hopefully I can get a few more things checked off my list today.

I had some large spreadsheets I needed to re work for a co worker and got that done last night which makes me happy as it was one of those tasks I really needed to sit down and focus on and am so happy to have that off my plate. Then this morning I needed to re do some type on our Product Catalogue so I was able to get that done. It feels great to finally be able to check off some items on my to do lists that I had been hoping to get done at the start of the week.

Hope everyone has a great day
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    How about putting hot pink duct tape on the handles or sides of your tools? Or some other shiny/bright stickers?
    Then he'd be more careful about mixing your tools with his tools (especially if his friends notice).
    Funny enough my tools are hot pink all over. Hes not a guy thats all that concerned about color. Reminds me a bit of my dad who would purposely take pink tools and pink lighters to work on the rigs because the other guys wouldnt take his stuff.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Can we combine 2 offers at maxi with pc points because i did not get points on my 2 offers just 1 ..... please tag me if you have the response.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@cath007 it depends on the offer, you would need to provide more detail.
    Ciel, macw1960 and cath007 like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @cath007 it depends on the offer, you would need to provide more detail.
    100 points spend for 1$ on counter cheese and 800 points on oka all cheese.I bought 4 oka lartisan cheeses.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am deceived.I contacted lassonde to know if the promo of oasis coupons on allens cans will be on this year and they said no

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Bedding is almost done, comforter is in the dryer as well Couch blankets have been washed.

I made Mom mock Chicken Soup since we did not have any Chickens or Chicken Carcass to make soup but I did find a bag of Homemade Broth the other day well looking for something else. So I took a carton of store bought chicken broth added some onions, garlic and seasonings and poached some Chicken Thighs in the liquid. When they were cooked I took them out to cut up, added the homemade Chicken Broth which I let simmer for a bit to infuse the flavour. Then I added Carrots and Celery, once they were cooked I added the chicken and some cooked rice I had in the fridge. Will have to wait to see what Mom thinks since I do not eat Chicken Soup but it smells good.

I have doing some work well I get the laundry done, I actually optimistic I may not be completely behind when Monday comes around which would be a first in a long time.
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I know here in Ontario they would combine, only issue is I know Quebec has different rules due to your laws but I can say here they would combine.

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    100 points spend for 1$ on counter cheese and 800 points on oka all cheese.I bought 4 oka lartisan cheeses.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I must have missed the news that EatRight Ontario is no longer funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care but Ontarians can use Telehealth Ontario for the service. Umm, no. https://www.ontario.ca/page/eatright-ontario
    Was looking to see something related to diets for people having malabsorption issues with sugars. There's a library cookbook written by an Australian registered dietitian and PhD, Sue Shepherd (she no longer has a private practice but her website might be good reading) on the low FODMAPS diet. Day 84 of the saga at home.

OK back to yesterday's daytrip to Burlington (after picking up some new HSR timetables for changes tomorrow)-besides Denningers being located in the new wing of Burlington Mall, Winners has a new store across the hall from the deli. The new mall directory indicates that a Bad Boy clearance outlet is coming soon to what seems to be the former Winners location by Hudson's Bay (east end of mall). The mall is changing the flooring in the older areas and some storefronts seem under change too. Noticed only one food cart in the corridor from the food court-the other carts are gone. But the food cart has a wall of Pocky products--those are sure to do well! Indigo Bookstore is coming along-finishing exterior work was in progress. Wonder if that means that the Fairview St. Chapters is going to close when the new store opens? They are not far apart.

Central Library (BPL) had about three tables in the main hall from local organizations: obtained a Take Action fridge magnet from the table about environmental issues in Halton, a free April 2018 Zoomer issue from the local CARP chapter (there were other back issues from 2017 but Oprah's on the April cover) and something about gardening? on the third table. Caught up on back issues of Burlington Post and Toronto Sun then popped up to 2nd floor and got online in the last 12 min of computer access for the day (so happy the library was open until 6pm). Had a quick look through the April/May issue of Sew News (current issues don't circulate at the main branch). Have to see if Hamilton Public Library has the title in branches somewhere.

When I was back downtown, I did a quick walk down to Lakeshore-the cherry trees in the waterfront park did not seem in bloom so it's likely a good timing thing that next weekend is the cherry festival.
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Owen Sound has a Treasure Hunt grand store opening today. https://www.facebook.com/TreasureHuntCanada/

I'd be curious to know what you find at that store.
    Burlington has a couple of aisles of food items near the entryway:
    French's Ketchup 750ml squeeze bottle paired with about same size mustard.
    $1.99 Kellogg's Nourish bars (expiry dates are in July 2018)-some boxes have coupon mentions on them, btw.
    25cent candles (CakeMate)-saw 12 pk wavy thin candles, lots of black tombstone style Over the Hill candles plus single digit candles. I assume the price applies to all of the packages.
    Endcap and one side of shelving had chocolates (including some egg shaped chocolates)-77 cents for regular size Snickers, Kit Kats and more. Twizzler packs were $1.99 and there were bagged gummy candies (Big Feet) too.

Bedding and towels are the first areas right after the carts and just before the food section. Did not see any shower curtains but there are shower curtain rings (clear plastic or metal) and irons on the shelving on the wall.

In stationery, there are about 15 different wall calendars for 2018 including a 16month Wonder Woman one (sticker price is about 12.97 but the shelf cards all reference even dollar prices for calculating the applicable discount...) plus some smaller planner style calendars.

In cookware, I saw a Pioneer Woman speckled enamel (like robin's egg blue with white and something flecks of colour) deep cooking pot on the top shelf.

I did not check out toys nor the basics area (underwear & socks).

In the far corner near hardware, there are at least two kinds of shopping carts on shelves.

Women's clothing-did not see the dress like the one I saw in Waterdown but there were at least two small racks just with women's dresses. Saw two off-white mini skirts embellished with imitation jewels -the design looked like pineapples but they weren't). Most of the tops are super thin knits-some Target brands, some Walmart or Gap.Spotted one short sleeve cream toned Istana top with gold-tone embroidery that would have gone well with the mini skirts.

I intend to return and do a deeper look at food, stationery and home decor items. Still want to do a second visit to Waterdown location next week to see what's there (e-mail mentioned shoe delivery this week). Have not spotted any large size Peter Pilotto slip ons.

When I was in Burlington, I finally entered the Walmart by the GO Station. The store layout and lighting is just like the Rymal & Upper Centennial store in Hamilton. One interesting feature-the clearance clothing & accessories rack mid-store just by footwear. Wish all stores did this but am not sure. At least the chain spent good money on a burnt orange outer brick-it looks very desert themed and is much better than gray.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

If you are an Ikea Family member (except in Quebec), don't forget to scan your keytag or card at your Ikea store when you visit. That way, you are entered into the monthly draw for the $100 Ikea gift card. The rules on the screen indicate that the contest runs until April. So if you are not able to do Ikea's app contest (Sustainability Challenge, ending April 30 and needing a smartphone plus app) that ends on April 30, you have another way to try for a gift card.

I've sifted through my coupons and taken out April 30 expiries. If you use P&G coupons, check dates-they don't align with month-end if they come through inserts.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

May thread is up for next week (Tuesday May 1): https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/425899...a/#post6890084

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel I might have to check out the one in Owen Sound, we have a branch in that area and I am attending an event in a few weeks so might stop in there on my way back, they also have a bread depot I have been meaning to check out.

I know they sell various snack boxes as when our Branch Manager and his wife shop there they grab a few boxes he keeps in the branch for everyone to snack on. Although they do not last long as we they have 2 staff members who just cannot help themselves. Once watched one eat almost a whole box of those Chocolate Cupcakes with the white icing swirl in under 2 hours.

Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information