User Tag List

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree2792Likes

Thread: April 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (is it spring yet)

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I will be happy to see the end of this month.
    I found chicken on sale for 3.99. Both DH and I has the PCO chicken offer so I took advantage of that. Yesterday a load of laundry dried on the line, today is cold and rainy again.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just finished to make 2 excellents trades of fb french couponning groups for coupons I really wanted!!! I am happy!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Just as I was putting the last load of laundry in I was making Rice for Mom and dinner for myself. Just went down to move it to the dryer only to realize instead of running the cycle I turned the machine off.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier Sunday morning my sc friends!!!
    I made another trade yesterday for coupons I really wanted for a long time!!!
    I hope to take a nap this afternoon.I had a bad sleep,because it is the anniversary of my beloved mother today.Already 11 years since she passed away
    I am sad....Wishing everyone a fabulous Sunday!!!
    I am done with writting to compagnies,now I am waiting the coupons lol
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well yesterday my dear daughter and her hubby and Sebastian came for a visit -they had a party in the evening and we watched him from 5-9 but he is teething with his 2 year molars poor guy he was up 3 times crying last night as they slept over -oh and he got a cute hair cut looks like a little smart looking guy buzzed around and a bit of hair on top -oh we took him to see my son's family so Sebastian played with his cousin Ashlyn for awhile

today went over to Walmart as I wanted to use up the mccormicks cpn -I got 6 pkg so got 4.00 overage so spent 5.94 ( I never like to come close or just pay pennies when their is overage as I really enjoy these cpns and don't want the companies to stop putting them out)-I got pears ,rice krispie square ,some new mug cake and a mellita coffee tin saved 22.50 in cpns plus 1.50 caddle

then popped into winners -I got 2 chap lips organic kind reduced to 4.00 as one was missing ,reduced hand soap from England 4.00 and room spray 4.99

then on to shoppers -I am really getting tired of them missing some of my personal offers I didn't have this happen before the switch -I didn't get the points on my wonder bread and buns so I will call on Monday got a few good deals there
    bounty 6 pkg 4.99-.50 cpn-1.50 checkout51=2.99
    downey 4.99 and bounce 4.99-3.00 cpn for the 2 items -2.00 from checkout51=2.50 each
    gain flings 3.99-2.00 cpn=1.99 saved 5.50 in cpns from there and 3.50 checkout51

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday morning I had an acupuncture and chiropractor appointment for my migraine. It’s still here. We all had supper at a friend’s house, as they were hosting a bbq. The kids had fun.

Today is the warmest day day so far of 2018, currently 23 outside. The kids played in our water table until they were getting cold. Dh has been gone since 9:30am. He is helping to clean up the camp grounds for a non-profit organization that he volunteers with.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Question of the weekend: what is going on with the price of gas???
    131.9/l for regular gas yesterday and 129.3/l on Friday in Ancaster (Hamilton, ON area).

I surmise that anyone needing gas for travel or lawn mowers is going to have play budget bingo for other things to accommodate the rising prices.

Beautiful sunny but chilly day in Hamilton (on the east mountain). Warmer temperatures in the high 18s-20s are on the way.

$1.20 in container refunds and I scored two free LCBO tote backs at the beer store (someone left their 4 bags and employee said they were available to others before he'd toss them). Went to Shoppers for pop and another item after putting the refund money into my account.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@cath007 -since you like flowers, how about getting something lovely this week in memory of your mother? Put a picture out of her if you can. Hugs to you.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

/ hi all. /
    I think we
    are finally having nice weather that will stay here. fingers crossed.
    yesterday we got a load of mulch.. we fill our trailer.. so no delivery fees. I will spreadit this week.. and get another next week. i figure 3 loads for the front and side.

and we had our guy come and quote us the front deck. I guestinated way less. way way less. I am hoping when it is done it will look good. tad nervous about it. as it is certainly changing how the front looks.

any hoo. this weekend. good sales. used 2 of costco s coupons. hit walmart , got a few needs. hada friend send me some funraiser stuff for her sons team. its for plants.. so I ordered via her. I am certain it will turn out nice. that s it from me.

this week is a busy one. after work...lol. work wise.. thak goodness for planning ahead. I have crafts ready and activities.
    after work.. moving dirt .. and a yard of mulch... planting some hostas.. and a onions for
    green onions. I am hoping to get 1- 2 loads of laundry out every day for the line outside.

middle child is appliying for osap. fingers crossed. I hope it goes very very well
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

G-I have looked at the OSAP site and it appears quite generous particularily for students from low-mid income families. Hope it goes well.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good earlier Sunday morning my sc friends!!!
    I made another trade yesterday for coupons I really wanted for a long time!!!
    I hope to take a nap this afternoon.I had a bad sleep,because it is the anniversary of my beloved mother today.Already 11 years since she passed away
    I am sad....Wishing everyone a fabulous Sunday!!!
    I am done with writting to compagnies,now I am waiting the coupons lol
    condolences about the anniversary of your mother's passing
    que la paix soit avec toi
    peace be with you, my online friend
    Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Apr 29th, 2018 at 07:42 PM.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

@Ciel I read an article a week or so ago saying Ontario should expect to be paying $1.50/liter by summer.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    I must have missed the news that EatRight Ontario is no longer funded by the Ministry of Health and Long Term Care but Ontarians can use Telehealth Ontario for the service. Umm, no. https://www.ontario.ca/page/eatright-ontario
    Was looking to see something related to diets for people having malabsorption issues with sugars. There's a library cookbook written by an Australian registered dietitian and PhD, Sue Shepherd (she no longer has a private practice but her website might be good reading) on the low FODMAPS diet. Day 84 of the saga at home.

OK back to yesterday's daytrip to Burlington (after picking up some new HSR timetables for changes tomorrow)-besides Denningers being located in the new wing of Burlington Mall, Winners has a new store across the hall from the deli. The new mall directory indicates that a Bad Boy clearance outlet is coming soon to what seems to be the former Winners location by Hudson's Bay (east end of mall). The mall is changing the flooring in the older areas and some storefronts seem under change too. Noticed only one food cart in the corridor from the food court-the other carts are gone. But the food cart has a wall of Pocky products--those are sure to do well! Indigo Bookstore is coming along-finishing exterior work was in progress. Wonder if that means that the Fairview St. Chapters is going to close when the new store opens? They are not far apart.

Central Library (BPL) had about three tables in the main hall from local organizations: obtained a Take Action fridge magnet from the table about environmental issues in Halton, a free April 2018 Zoomer issue from the local CARP chapter (there were other back issues from 2017 but Oprah's on the April cover) and something about gardening? on the third table. Caught up on back issues of Burlington Post and Toronto Sun then popped up to 2nd floor and got online in the last 12 min of computer access for the day (so happy the library was open until 6pm). Had a quick look through the April/May issue of Sew News (current issues don't circulate at the main branch). Have to see if Hamilton Public Library has the title in branches somewhere.

When I was back downtown, I did a quick walk down to Lakeshore-the cherry trees in the waterfront park did not seem in bloom so it's likely a good timing thing that next weekend is the cherry festival.
    The Fairview Chapters will close once the new location is open at Burlington Mall. I just wished the Giant Tiger was at Burlington Mall instead of upper middle and Guelph.
    Last edited by barbis9; Sun, Apr 29th, 2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Has anyone seen Dr. Scholl's sandals at Walmart? I didn't see any at the Fairview street location in Burlington.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    @Ciel I read an article a week or so ago saying Ontario should expect to be paying $1.50/liter by summer.

so , my frugal . I use something called the carrot app. its a app that tracks steps , if you make goal you get points... various rewards points.. you can use scene, areoplan.. severa others... but one of them is petro points...
    I then turned those petro points into a 10c offf per liter petro Canada card...
    it helps.
    nd I get my steps in...lol.... I do need to lose a bit of weight....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread Information