User Tag List

Like Tree5Likes
  • 5 Post By tjthemanto

Thread: DOLLARAMA - To sell products ONLINE - Joins E-Commerce Bandwagon

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...s-in-bulk.html

DOLLARAMA will soon start selling stuff ONLINE. They are joining the E-Commerce bandwagon.

They are starting in a couple of provinces first before rolling out nationally.

Most of the orders will be bulk orders.

Not a bad thing.

Lot of times I go to Dollarama I can't find stuff, its out of stock, misplaced in the wrong section, staff is overworked/stressed & understaffed so they don't really help you much. So I don't mind buying stuff online if its the same price as in store & shipping costs are reasonable.

Sometimes they just have 1-2 cashiers and the lineups are huge. The layout is terrible with lot of congestion & crowd near the cash tills, creating a bottleneck. Also some Dollaramas are quite run down & in some shady parts of the town in some seedy strip malls , I fear getting mugged there if I go there at night or something.

Like Wal Mart they might do FREE standard shipping via Canada Post at least in major urban centres if you spend a minimum say $ 50.

Not bad if you want to buy party supplies, seasonal items etc & don't want to waste time driving there.
    This thread is currently associated with: Canada Post, Dollarama, Via Rail, Walmart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I usually just buy some seasonal stuff over there that's pretty much it. So in 1 shot if I can buy the entire years worth of Dollarama stuff online then I won't have to make multiple visits & will save time.

I probably only spend $ 100 over there in the entire year, but I have to make 10 visits over the year to do that @ $ 10 per visit. I might as well buy it Online with Free delivery in one shot so my entire years shopping at Dollarama is done with Like some gardening tools/things, BBQ stuff for summer - I find the stuff to be pretty much the same quality as Home Depot, Canadian Tire, Lowes , Wal Mart etc as nowadays everything is made in China. But much cheaper than the big guys.

Some Crocs for $ 3 in summer. Just some throw away $ 3 Touques or Gloves for winter, which are just as warm as some expensive stuff in other stores.

If its crap quality then its crap quality everywhere including the big guys & not just Dollarama. So paying 3-4 times more at the big guys doesn't not necessarily mean quality stuff.

There was a time the big guys had Made in Canada & Made in USA stuff which was better quality & hence you did not mind paying the difference, but now its made in China junk everywhere which doesn't last for more than couple of years irrespective of where you buy it, so might as well pay less for it at Dollarama.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Wed, Apr 4th, 2018 at 02:45 AM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Have to see what kind of e-commerce site will be like. Might only be worth while for bulk ordering. If you want 100 of just one thing you might be in luck!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

world domination. although you will be required to spend a minimum of 50 or something silly for free shipping. can't see that. but people do love their cheap products made in china.

Thread Information