• 1 Post By torontogal12
  • 2 Post By MrsMer
  • 2 Post By ghrkin
  • 3 Post By Laurabelle81
  • 2 Post By FallenPixels
  • 4 Post By Arjon
  • 4 Post By Abby1
  • 1 Post By Tommycoupons

Thread: How to get lots of Air Miles? (other than mega miles)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi all -

We're doing a mega road trip in the fall to California and i have decided that using airmiles for universal passes would be a good idea (family of 4)

i started collecting in 1998 and redeemed for the first time yesterday (metro 95 to get 50 back)(in 20 years i had just over 2000) lol - anyways - i have 1667 dream miles (because i didn't even know about cash vs dream until 2 years ago when i switched to 100% cash miles) - as of yesterday i switched back to 100% dream miles.

SO i am doing my first mega miles event which should get me to dream reward universal pass #2. (3 offers completed. 2 more on wednesday) although now i'm worried reading the thread that at metro she might have entered the PLU in the wrong sequence - i have kept all my receipts. but maybe i should figure out a sixth partner offer in case metro doesn't work??

Hubby is against any more credit cards

I don't typically shop at airmiles stores! How often are there big promotions like mega miles?

If you notice any promos in the next 4 months that would have good "bang for the buck" please post or PM me so i can get universal pass #3 before september!

Thanks for all your ideas!

Andrea
    This thread is currently associated with: Air Miles, Metro
    Ciel and MrsMer like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What province do you live in?
    Ciel likes this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

The last big event (Shop the Block) was in Nov./Dec. I initially wasn't awarded all the points I was entitled to, but since I had all my receipts it was a fairly easy fix.

I have two airmiles cards so that when a great promotion comes along, I can participate twice.
    Ciel and Abby1 like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm in Ontario. Perhaps a second card would make sense. Great idea - Thanks!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're near a Foodland, this week you can get 15O airmiles for buying a $150 gift card...which can also be used at freshco, Sobeys,etc
    Ciel, MrsMer and blueeyetea like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Rexall can be overpriced but I find I earn a lot of air miles combining store offers and card coupons from the AM app.

Foodland as mentioned can have decent offers (and Air miles is the only thing that gets me through their doors).

You can also do surveys for air miles. Typically they don't pay as much as the same survey on a cash site but they credit without getting to $20 etc
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I picked up a couple of thousand free AMs at Metro and Sobey last fall by stocking up during deals where things I normally buy (or substitutes) were on sale for prices I'd normally pay elsewhere, but with bonus AMs awarded. In a couple of cases, I got back enough AMs to constitute overage.

My only cost for these AMs was literally a few minutes per week to check out their flyers a little more closely than I used to, plus an extra two minutes per trip because my stores are slightly past where I shop most often.

YMMV depending on what you usually buy, how much you usually pay, and whether you're willing to pay a bit more if you get enough AMs back.
    Ciel, walkonby, MrsMer and 1 others like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    256 (100%)

Make sure to load your offers every week:

https://loadandgo.airmiles.ca/#/guest/login I'm in ON as well; I only ever get Rexall offers from Load & Go. But as FP said, they really add up.

https://getmyoffers.ca/ Sobeys

https://www.metro.ca/en/coupons Metro (will need to setup an account for this one)

Everything can be loaded straight onto the card; no printing coupons.

And, echoing what others have second, getting a second card in your husband's name. You'll get different weekly offers for each card.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Out West we earn most of our air miles from Safeway/Sobeys and Rexall second.

We used to earn a lot more before Safeway was sold, but that's where the majority are earned.
    Ciel likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    79 (100%)

@ghrkin This weeks Sobeys flyer has some good offers valid on Friday. https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/425694...2-18-a-canada/

Thread Information