Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Super Spend your points event this weekend

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

April 14-16
    pts are worth 25% more when you spend 50k or more

for example get $80 off wub 80k pts and get an extra $20 off for $100 in savings.

Curious how this is going to play out!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Yeah me too I was confused at first but hey 25% more is not bad.
    I'm trying to think if we've had any other redemptions since the merge and what they were.
    If they were better or worse

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Newfiescreech likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

it's worded slightly weird but FYI min spend would need to be $62.50 (50k points worth 25% more)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes 25% is nice but it’s a distance from the old days where redeeming 95,000 for 200$ was a 68% bonus. I think I will pass and wait for a better offer or redeem for groceries at Loblaws branded stores where it’s more “necessities” than SDM offers. Hopefully with enough feedback they will improve the SDM portion of redemptions.
    Newfiescreech, renegado and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Meg Stewart View Post
    Yes 25% is nice but it’s a distance from the old days where redeeming 95,000 for 200$ was a 68% bonus. I think I will pass and wait for a better offer or redeem for groceries at Loblaws branded stores where it’s more “necessities” than SDM offers. Hopefully with enough feedback they will improve the SDM portion of redemptions.
    Welcome to smartcanuck Meg Stewart !!
    Anna Michele and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by smileyKT View Post
    it's worded slightly weird but FYI min spend would need to be $62.50 (50k points worth 25% more)
    This seems so awkward to me! Curious how it's going to work at the till. But I'll for sure be redeeming.

Here's a quick little chart to show 25% more than some of the target values. I guess if you have a boatload of pts and a big ticket item, it would be a great time to redeem for that.

50 62.5
    60 75
    70 87.5
    80 100
    90 112.5
    100 125
    200 250
    300 375
    400 500
    500 625

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

25% more is a higher % increase for redemption than old bonus redemptions, but of course it still takes more points in new program for the $ value of the redemption.

In the old program on a regular day 95K pts was worth $170, so a bonus redemption day at $200 was an 18% bonus. So this 25% bonus redemption is good value redemption within this new system where the value of the points redeemed is fixed, no matter how many you redeem.

I will look at the flyer tonight to determine if I will redeem on the weekend. Trying to get used to this new program and not keep thinking about the old one. One new thing I like about this new version of the program is the higher max redemption value. My dh hasn't upgraded to a PS4 yet, still has an old PS3. If I accumulate enough points I could redeem for the full price of a PS4, which I couldn't do before. So maybe will pass on this weekend's redemption...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Hmm... wondering if I will get pts on items I redeem for. For example, I have an offer for PC coffee - 1,200 for every $6 spent. Should I get those bonus points even if I redeem and don't "buy" it out of pocket? I know I do at SS, but not sure about at shoppers when redeeming and especially during bonus redemption.
    Newfiescreech and dededi like this.
    Sign up for Swag Bucks and earn free gift cards. PM me for sign-up codes and tips!

25 Point Bonus on sign-up with superpoints! Click here =)

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by super807 View Post
    25% more is a higher % increase for redemption than old bonus redemptions, but of course it still takes more points in new program for the $ value of the redemption.

In the old program on a regular day 95K pts was worth $170, so a bonus redemption day at $200 was an 18% bonus. So this 25% bonus redemption is good value redemption within this new system where the value of the points redeemed is fixed, no matter how many you redeem.

I will look at the flyer tonight to determine if I will redeem on the weekend. Trying to get used to this new program and not keep thinking about the old one. One new thing I like about this new version of the program is the higher max redemption value. My dh hasn't upgraded to a PS4 yet, still has an old PS3. If I accumulate enough points I could redeem for the full price of a PS4, which I couldn't do before. So maybe will pass on this weekend's redemption...
    The only thing that used to beat the old redemption system was using the 20% seniors redemption or the Murale 300 for 135k. This 25% extra is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by jac.queline22 View Post
    Hmm... wondering if I will get pts on items I redeem for. For example, I have an offer for PC coffee - 1,200 for every $6 spent. Should I get those bonus points even if I redeem and don't "buy" it out of pocket? I know I do at SS, but not sure about at shoppers when redeeming and especially during bonus redemption.
    I got my meatball points when I redeemed at no frills a few weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

You will get points at loblaws when you redeem.but NOT at SDM

JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I redeemed points at No Frills and did not receive any points. Was told by PC Optimum that they no longer give points for personalized offers when you redeem
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    You will get points at loblaws when you redeem.but NOT at SDM

Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I redeemed points at No Frills and did not receive any points. Was told by PC Optimum that they no longer give points for personalized offers when you redeem
    @torontogal12 Not sure if this is only at RCSS a couple of days ago I redeemed points and received my personal offer points. This merge is confusing me more and more. I don’t shop at NoFrills because the one close to be is not. Coupon friendly and it frustrate me so RCSS is closer to me and I love there customer services and staff there is always helpful

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jac.queline22 View Post
    Nothing's 100% certain with PCO still being buggy, but I would be surprised to receive points on the redemption portion of any transactions at SDM. OPT and PC+ differed in this regard, and I've seen no indication that PCO has made both sides the same.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ice storm here has cancelled this redemption for me. I just got back from vacation and I have zero food too
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information