User Tag List

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Chris bought a Keurig B40 at Canadian Tire on December 29, 2011. He used a $40 gift card that he got from his “nephew” for Christmas.
    In the box is a “Sampler Box” with 12 different K Cups in it.
    So Chris decided that in order to keep track of what was good and what isn’t, he would write this review which is also being saved on the computer for future reference. Unfortunately, the first Cup he used is already long gone in the garbage so he is not sure who made that one.
    Here are the reviews, they will be updated as he drinks them!

*UPDATED ON JANUARY 8, 2012*

Chris forgot to keep up on this, so his impressions are below for the coffees that were in the sample box and for the two he bought at Zellers! Sorry the dates are not available but you will get the general impressions of Chris!

Hazelnut (Manufacturer unknown)
    Date consumed: December 29, 2011
    Used to make it: Tap Water
    Put in it: 1% Milk
    Impression: Good hazelnut flavor. Actually could smell it as it was brewing. Good taste right through.

French Vanilla (Van Houtte)

Date consumed: December 30, 2011
    Put in it: 1% Milk
    Impression: Again good flavor right through it. No sweetner needed.

Columbian Supreme Decaf (Timothy’s)

Date consumed: December 30, 2011
    Put in it: Hazelnut Flavour Creamer
    Impression: Strong bold taste but not overly strong. Little bit of hazelnut creamer works just great with it! *EDIT* After drinking it for a bit, realized a bitter aftertaste with it. First time for that so maybe just a bad one out of the bunch??

Emeril’s Big Easy Intense (Emeril’s)

Date consumed: December 31, 2011
    Put in it: Hazelnut Creamer
    Impression: Did have a bold taste to it, even with the creamer. Made on a large mug setting.. tiny bit of aftertaste but not bad at all.

Caribou Blend (Caribou Coffee)

Date consumed: Sometime Late December!
    Put in it: Hazelnut Creamer
    Impression: Not a bad cup of coffee, not really strong and no aftertaste!

Natucket Blend (Green Moutain Coffee)
    Date consumed: Late December
    Put in it: Little bit of milk and one teaspoon of sugar
    Impression: Thought I would try one without the flavoured creamer. Coffee had good flavour to it and only needed one teaspoon of sugar and a wee bit of milk to bring it to my liking!

The Original Donut Shop Coffee (Coffee People??)

Date consumed: Early January
    Put in it: Little milk and one teaspoon sugar.
    Impression: Oh my god, just the smell of it brewing made me fall in love with it! Just a bit of milk and sugar and it was awesome! Ordered some Chocolate Flavoured Donut Shop coffee for my next shipment!!!

Breakfast Blend (Green Mountain Coffee)

Date consumed: Ummm Late December or Early January??
    Used to make it: TW
    Put in it: Hazelnut Creamer, I think?
    Impression: Okay I have to admit, I can't remember my first impression of this one. I know it was good and drinkable though, all of them were for that matter!

Italian Roast (Barista Prima Coffeehouse)

Date consumed:January
    Put in it: Milk and sugar
    Impression: Okay this one I remember, it had a strong taste to it. I don't mind strong coffee but this one just didn't tickle my fancy all that much.

French Roast (Tully’s Coffee)

Date consumed: January
    Put in it: Milk and Sugar
    Impression: This ranked with the Italian Roast above. I don't drink black coffee to begin with but this definitely required milk and sugar for me.

Newman’s Special Blend (Newman’s Own Organics)

Date consumed: January
    Put in it: Milk and Sugar
    Impression: I don't know what the big deal about "organic" coffee is? I sure didn't notice any difference between this and the other coffees I tried. Again, milk and sugar took the edge off. Won't be purchasing this one again.

Folgers Vanilla Biscotti (Purchased from Zellers)

Date consumed: Early January and ongoing!
    Put in it: Little milk and sugar
    Impression: This smelled good just brewing! Nice vanilla flavour to it and just needs a bit of milk and a bit of sugar to sweeten it just a wee bit!

Folgers Black Silk

Date consumed: Started first box in early January
    Put in it: Have used both Hazelnut Flavoured creamer and milk and sugar
    Impression: This is a bold coffee but is not overpowering nor bitter. No aftertaste with this one. My friend brews this kind in her coffee maker and I loved the one cup she made me one night. Either with the creamer or milk and sugar, still a good bold cup of coffee!

English Breakfast Black Tea (Celestial Seasonings) (NOTE: Chris is not a tea drinker so this one may sit for a bit until a tea drinker comes along to try it!)

Date consumed:
    Used to make it:
    Put in it:
    Impression:

Okay that is it for the sampler box. Also listed are the reviews for the Vanilla Biscotti and Folgers Black Silk that he bought at Zellers with his 50% off coupons.

Feel free to post your own favourites on there, so Chris has other ideas when it is time for re-order!

Chris has placed an order with Keurig and is having it shipped to the USA for when I am there. He ordered:Breakfast Blend, French Vanilla Decaf, Columbian Decaf and Chocolate Glazed Donut K Cups. I should be picking them on Jan 16 when I go over to the States. Reviews of those will be posted as the boxes are cracked!
    This thread is currently associated with: Canadian Tire, Zellers
    Last edited by theweave; Sun, Jan 8th, 2012 at 03:08 PM. Reason: Added Emeril's Review
    Is it baseball season yet?

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

This is great! If you want just a regular, medium roast coffee, our two favorites are Green Mountain Nantucket Blend and Timothy's Italian Blend. For flavored coffee I love anything by Gloria Jean
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Keurig.com has multiple user reviews of each coffee type.

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Yeah I saw about the user reviews but I am providing Chris' opinions too!

Really, everyone has different tastes.. that reminds me, have to edit the original post for the Decaf one tonight, turned out it left a bitter aftertaste for Chris...

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

The more opinions the better! I tried the Folgers Vanilla Biscotti last night and I actually enjoyed it! I know a lot of people don't like the Folgers so I was pleasantly surprised
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sheetsofemptycanvas View Post
    The more opinions the better! I tried the Folgers Vanilla Biscotti last night and I actually enjoyed it! I know a lot of people don't like the Folgers so I was pleasantly surprised
    Chris bought a box of those too, so will post when he tries them for the first time too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm a fan of the Newmans, that's my regular now that Green Mountain Kona had a crop failure and isn't available. I buy boxes of 80 of those from Keurig.com. It's a strong cup, without that burnt/bitter taste. I put only skim milk and 1/2 tsp of sugar in my big cup.

I've never found a flavoured coffee that I like, because the coffee they're in is weak. Only way they work for me is if I mix them with a very strong one (which I did a lot when I bought a big box of a very dark one at Costco and it was undrinkable IMO unless cut with something!).
    Last edited by Zonny; Sat, Dec 31st, 2011 at 03:45 PM.

Trading Score
    330 (99%)

The Original Donut Shop Coffee (Coffee People)- I had this one this morning and I LOVED it! I look forward to seeing what you think of it

Thread Information