User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By gotagetitfree
  • 3 Post By gotagetitfree
  • 2 Post By barbis9
  • 1 Post By Colsgirl
  • 1 Post By Mamabearrina
  • 1 Post By Neeenerz

Thread: FREE Nest, Ecobee or Honeywell SMART THERMOSTAT

  1. #1
    not quite a "Loonie"
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of Ottawa
    Posts
    318
    Likes Received
    94
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)



    0
    0


    BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

    Receive a no-cost smart thermostat and in home energy review with the GreenON Installations program.

    https://www.greenon.ca/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    barbis9 likes this.


  2. #2
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    475
    Likes Received
    611
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by gotagetitfree View Post
    0


    BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND

    Receive a no-cost smart thermostat and in home energy review with the GreenON Installations program.

    https://www.greenon.ca/
    Umm, I don't know about this. A friend of mine says that if you get this installed, the government can actually control your heating! Scary! It connects through wifi, so who knows what else can they do?! Thanks, but no thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    not quite a "Loonie"
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    South of Ottawa
    Posts
    318
    Likes Received
    94
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)



    lol thats not true. I've had them install it over a year ago with no problems. I just had my rental house installed too. It takes litterally 5 minutes....they're in and out. It connects through your wifi and you're the only one to control it
    barbis9, sesterce and Mamabearrina like this.

  4. #4
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,897
    Likes Received
    5347
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    Umm, I don't know about this. A friend of mine says that if you get this installed, the government can actually control your heating! Scary! It connects through wifi, so who knows what else can they do?! Thanks, but no thanks!Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would like to clarify the misinformation your friend has told you. There was a program called Peaksaver Plus that provided a free thermostat and during periods of high a/c use, your a/c would be turned down for about 20 minutes. This program ended in Dec 2017 and I belonged to it and never had my heat compromised. The a/c adjustment was minimal and only on super hot days.

    This is a new program where you are not obligated to activate the wifi (I never did). I have a new Honeywell thermostat that is half the size of my old one, easier to use. If I choose to activate the wifi using my password, than I can control my thermostat on either my phone or tablet. But like I just said I have not activated my wifi on this new thermostat. I love free!
    sesterce and Mamabearrina like this.

  5. #5
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,374
    Likes Received
    1608
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)




    I wish they had this in BC
    barbis9 likes this.
    For every friend who opens a Tangerine Account with a $100 deposit using ORANGE KEY:44683723S1 www.tangerine.ca we both get $50!
    Get Swagbucks for doing surveys, searching etc ... redeem points for GCs. If you join, please use my referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/colsgirl.

  6. #6
    Mamabearrina Mamabearrina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Northern ontario
    Posts
    561
    Likes Received
    724
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)




    Mines getting installed next weekend signed up when it started back up again like month ago


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 likes this.

  7. #7
    Junior Canuck
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    475
    Likes Received
    611
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)



    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I would like to clarify the misinformation your friend has told you. There was a program called Peaksaver Plus that provided a free thermostat and during periods of high a/c use, your a/c would be turned down for about 20 minutes. This program ended in Dec 2017 and I belonged to it and never had my heat compromised. The a/c adjustment was minimal and only on super hot days.

    This is a new program where you are not obligated to activate the wifi (I never did). I have a new Honeywell thermostat that is half the size of my old one, easier to use. If I choose to activate the wifi using my password, than I can control my thermostat on either my phone or tablet. But like I just said I have not activated my wifi on this new thermostat. I love free!
    Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 likes this.

  8. #8
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,897
    Likes Received
    5347
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Quote Originally Posted by Neeenerz View Post
    Good luck!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can purchase these thermostats at Best Buy for between $100-$200 but free is better

  9. #9
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,897
    Likes Received
    5347
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    It looks like the offer is over now. The website is offering a $100 rebate on thermostats instead. Glad I got in when I did 🙂

  10. #10
    Smart Canuck
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    GTA Area
    Posts
    1,897
    Likes Received
    5347
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)




    Thanks to Doug Ford - energy programs are now closed - less than 24 hours notification. Grrrrrrr.

    The following programs are closed:


    Residential:

    • GreenON Installations
    • GreenON Solar Rebates
    • GreenON Modern Wood Heating Pilots
    • GreenON Rebates:
      • Air Source Heat Pumps
      • Ground Source Heat Pumps
      • Insulation
      • Windows
      • Solar
      • $100 Smart Thermostat

    • GreenON Social Housing

    If you’re already signed up for a rebate, it will be honoured if:

    • You have a signed work agreement with a participating contractor for work that will be completed by August 31, 2018
    • Your rebate application is submitted by September 30, 2018

    Commercial:

    • GreenON Small and Medium Businesses
    • Food Manufacturing and Covered Agriculture
    • Solar
    • The GreenON Challenge
    • GreenON Industries




Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •