User Tag List

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Lynn49
  • 2 Post By walkonby
  • 2 Post By Anna Michele
  • 1 Post By Lynn49

Thread: Take action against even more government stupidity!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Concerned about the proposed government regulations that could require dairy products to carry a front-of-package warning label? Let the government know.
    Dairy products have long been recognized as an important part of a balanced diet, and the science hasn’t changed. Milk products are associated with bone health and reduced risk of heart disease, hypertension, stroke, type 2 diabetes and colorectal cancer. They are also high in nutrients that Canadians aren’t getting enough of, including: vitamins A and D, calcium, magnesium, zinc and potassium!

Under Health Canada’s proposed approach, foods containing more than 15 per cent of the daily value for sodium, sugar and saturated fat would require a warning label, regardless of whether or not the foods contain other nutrients that have been identified as under-consumed, or if they contribute to reducing chronic disease.
    On the other hand, snack foods, such as most potato chips and diet sodas, would be exempt from this framework, misleading Canadians in to believing that these foods are “healthier” than nutrient-rich products like cheese, and yogurt.
    Health Canada’s proposed regulations are focused solely on sodium, sugar and saturated fat and will require many dairy products to carry a front-of-package warning label. This oversimplified approach ignores the proven health benefits of eating dairy products, potentially allowing nutrient-poor foods to go unlabeled while requiring nutritious foods like cheese and yogurt to carry one. Focusing on just three nutrients is an oversimplification of what makes a product “healthy” and doesn’t provide Canadians with the information needed to make informed food choices. For regulations intending to help Canadians, the approach is confusing and misleading.

Voice your concern over the Canadian government's potential changes to the Food Guide and the impact it will have on our health! Select "Take Action" below and follow the prompts to send a submission to Health Canada’s Consultation and your local MP opposing the front-of-package labeling proposal.

http://www.dpac-atlc.ca/what-we-do/dairy-doesnt-deserve-warning-label/?utm_source=New+Master+List&utm_campaign=eb3a86d44 c-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_25&utm_medium=email&utm_ter m=0_4f7e6d1b13-eb3a86d44c-176302821
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I was totally unaware of this @Lynn49
    I am an avid participant in avoiding foods that are high in sodium, sugar and fat....but for that I turn the products over and READ the contents, I don't really expect the gov't to slap a label on the front.
    For them to " dairy shame " products with that label while giving the junky foods the o.k. seems quite backwards.

thanks for posting this.

Presently I'm doing lactose free for my cottage cheese and yogurts
    Lynn49 and Anna Michele like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I didn't know either. Seems silly. My oldest literally lives off milk and for others that do I don't see it making a difference.

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk
    Lynn49 and walkonby like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

There's a link in the URL I posted to mail a letter to your MPs, trudeau, etc...you just have to sign it and they do all the work!....the Dairy Farmers of Canada
    walkonby likes this.

Thread Information