User Tag List

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

What do you all think about the natural disasters happening all over Canada not just all over the world?

It was hot here yesterday a staggering 31C outside with the humidity nasty I tell ya. I had my AC running all day except for an hour. When I turned it on when I got home at 11:33am after my appointment it said in room it was 76F/24C. Before I had left it had registered in at 72F/22C . But when I was outside it was 25C. I saw people in town wearing long sleeve shirts, jeans and toques and I was sweating wearing a tshirt and Jean kakis with my skater shoes that I got for Christmas. I couldn’t fathom all these weird people not dressing for the weather!

Anyway I woke like 15mins ago...@ 1:15am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier morning my sc friends!!!!
    Today I need to complete my shopping grocery list and do compagny writting to request coupons.I hope qc flyers will be posted earlier and will have good deals!!!!
    Yesterday I made 1 trade in here for 2 cheese coupons yay!!!
    Wishing you all a fabulous day!!!
    Ciel, coupon girl and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Well last night did not go as planned, I am not sure if it is allergies, the weather, or an infection (or a combination of all 3) but my sinuses are killing me. By the end of the day yesterday my throat hurt so bad it felt like I had strep although I know I do not it is just my sinuses. So this had already set me back as all I wanted to do was sleep.

Then I got an email from work for a new mini project on a tight timeline, so I ended up working last night. Issue being in my job if I am not caught up I will have to work Friday even though I have it booked off. So it was better to work last night then risking having to work Friday. This is the joys when so many of your tasks cannot be done by someone else so you just have to get it done.

Now today is the planning for everything. This project will come to an end when I am covering someone else so I am going to have to be super organized to get everything I need to do done and ready for others to step in and finish.

Tonight is grocery shopping, honestly do not think we need a lot even when it comes to fresh stuff the fruit bowl is still full (we bought a lot last week) and even on veggies we still have a number of choices on hand. So will just grab a few items that are on sale to make sure we make it to next week without running out.

Well better get back to work as I have to leave at Noon for a meeting.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day, rainy here but it is a work day so better now then on the weekend.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just finished watched qc flyers!!!! I am happy 15 deals I want with coupons!!! That will be a good week to stock up on various meat!!! Janes will be in sale at iga for 6,99$ minus the 4,00$ coupons!!!! I will purchase more.!!! Need to clean and toss some old things in the freezer to make space for these( I hate to toss stuff ,such a waste.....)but the date are not good anymore.....Anyway I received my olymel coupons from my trade and the girl(cannot named sure I wish I could) said they are good for flamingo ...not sure about this one any advises? I want to purchase flamingo meat but dont want the coupon to be refuted....Free chapmans too @2,88$ for ice cream sandwich or ice cream bar I hope they will deduce 4,00$ if I purchase 2 and I will just paid the difference.
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Yesterday I roaked a girl in fb french couponning groups with baby coupons,She was thrilled.I have too difficult research for this coupons ( see my wishlist in trading section) but sorry if I want coupons for what I need-eat.....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Rainy day here too. Glad to be working. Let's hope for sunshine all weekend!
    @SassyAshley - same boat here. No one does my job. I have a deadline for Friday too so been working on it but want to wrap it up this afternoon and be done with it.

Happy with the laundry progress last night. I have a load in dryer to put away and have to move the whites to the dryer. Will finish that up tonight.

Waiting for the upcoming sale flyers to be posted so I can plan my shop on Thursday. Will be away/on the go most of the long weekend but will stock the fridge for the teen.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I have wanted to try "Nair" (lotion hair remover). I'm sure I had tried it as a teenager but that was a long time ago. I redeemed for a bottle on the weekend and tried it last night and have to say I am a fan! I bought the 3 in 1 Sensitive with Sunflower oil so I may have to stick with this one since it wasn't irritating at all.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

High lights of this week grocery shopping:
    Pharmaprix(QC):Janes chicken strips @6,99$ x4$ minus 4,00$ coupons from the boxes=2,99$ each (and the boxes have others coupons)
    Maxi(QC):No Name Sour Cream @2,99$ x2 minus 400 pc points on each
    -Chicken kebads x4 @2,00$ each =8,00$
    -Olymel Sausages @5,48$ minus 1,00$ peelie(I hope to trade for others peelies)=4,48$
    -Saint-Hubert Lorraine quiches,spinash ,and bacon @5,98$ minus 5 x2$ peelies - 5000 pc points(I hope to trade for others peelies)=2,00$ each wow great price never seen that cheap with a coupon!!!
    -Miss Vickies chips @2,98$-2,00$ (hang tang)=0,98$
    -1 Litre Ketchup 3,48$ x2 minus 2x1,00$ coupons minus 600 pc points on each =2,90$each
    -Fruitopia juice 1,75 l@1,48$ x3 (just a great price)
    -Goldfish crackers @2,00$x2 minus 0,50$ coupon x2=1,50$ each
    -Fast and Fancy rice chinese@1,00$ x5 (just a nice price)
    -St-Hubert bbq sauce @0,99$ x3(stock up price)
    -Alcan Foil paper @1,00$ x3
    -Pepsi @6,44$ case of 24
    -Temptations cats treats @3,29$(big bags) minus 400 points on each x4
    pm metro Cavendish patatoes wedges x2 @2$minus 2x1$ coupon-1,00$(never seen this price)
    Redeemed 20$ in pc points to low the bill

IGA(QC):
    Fresh breakfest sausage Lafleur @3,50$ minus 1,00$ peelie(I hope to trade for more peelies)=2,50$
    Olymel bacon x 2@3,50$ minus 2x1$ peelies=2,50$ per package(will freeze it)
    Sweet and Sour VH sauce @2,50$ x 2 minus 1,00$ wub2 coupon=2,00$ each
    Tostitos scoop@3,00$ x2
    Oasis Premium Orange juice 1,75 l @2,49$ x3 minus 3x0,75$ (hang tang)=1,75$ each (i so miss the 1,50$ oasis coupons)
    Nestle Pure Life Sparkling water 12 cans@2,99$ each x2 minus 2x1,00$ coupons=1,99$ each

showed my air miles card and gained my first points!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 15th, 2018 at 03:29 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@cath007 - I am loving the $1 off Cavendish French fry coupons! RCSS had the huge bags on for $2.98 so only $1.98 with coupon. Same for the hashbrowns. I will be stocking up the freezer near the end of the coupon for sure for the kids. I don`t like them eating them all the time but it's nice when they have friends over to make a feast for them!

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Jean Coutu did not want to accept my 6 vim 1,50$ coupons for the 1,00$ vim sale because the value is higher than the product and I cannot pm at wal mart because they dont carry the small size so annoyed......
    I've found that overage can be VERY YMMV, not just store to store in the same chain, but even cashier to cashier. A couple of months ago, I got overage at a Freshco, then was refused when I tried to make a second purchase no more than 3 or 4 minutes later.

If there are other Jean Coutus not too far from you, you might consider trying them.

Another thing that has sometimes worked for me when I'm willing to forego overage is to ask for the coupon to be entered at the price of the product instead of the coupon face value. A few times, I've also had stores / cashiers do this without me asking.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am more than happy to take a 1-2 week breaks from french couponning groups!! Another spotted is showing talking of me but in a positive way at least.The girls dont understand why I got *(&*(& for offering cheese coupons vs a chapmans 4,00$ coupons.Off to do my next week shopping grocery list .I love when flyers are posted earlier I have the chance to received the same day earlier evening instead at my other place

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well afternoon everyone -cloudy dreary day here ,called 3 roofing places for an estimate ,just made a batch of zucchini cholate chip muffins ,I decided I wasn't gonna freeze it just use it up and I decided on not buying a cookies as much anymore for hubby or I as my muffins are so yummy and we don't need processed cookies full of trans fat

-staying in today ,relaxing doing my puzzle ,drinking my tea or may watch a bit of the british midwifes show on netflicks -love that series
    barbis9, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Today in the mail I got :
    -5 awesome trades from fb french couponning groups!

-Manufacturer coupons!

A great mail day like I love.Just in time to benefit this week sales!!!

I hope to get my flyers tonight with an redplum insert !
    Ciel, macw1960 and Tierra Lemieux like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Since a planned activity for this week got cancelled, I had money to get the regular laundry detergent this morning. Thought it best to make the purchase before the long weekend. Noticed how there is humidity outdoors but it's less than yesterday's version. Last night there was very light mist on my walk home but several drivers just had to have their high beams on until my bobbing eyeglasses sent the message to change the settings.

Such a downpour of rain after 3am today. Checked the lawn after bringing the trash can and green cart back-such thick and tall grass in the areas I had cut 5 days ago. Thursday will be mowing day this week. Gas is $1.283/l at the full service place. Saw Husky gas station at Upper Paradise/Mohawk was about $1.24/l-how is that possible at the self serve station?

Made 1/2 of the smoothie recipe (I had most of the ingredients) said to help with heavy metal detox and aside from the old blender not pureeing all of the sea dulse, I liked the purple drink and felt a little lighter 10min later. Plan to have this again for 2 more days to see if I really notice a difference.

Found someone's Scene Visa card on the ground at a popular intersection, so I'll take it to the local branch for staff to handle it. Think that is my first debit card find of 2018.

Mall stores have such lovely colours in clothing and I relished my quick mall visit last night. Also visited the closing Pier 1 Import stores for a short look at the remaining furnishings. I miss evening mall visits!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Ms. Sunshine is more visible than the clouds in the sky-promising way to say the rain looks to be over for the day!
    barbis9, macw1960 and cath007 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information