User Tag List

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I will probably quit couponning for a break...people are so mean,abusive and not pleasant....good night everyone
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We made footprint space ships for Mother’s Day. The picture says “Love you to the moon and back.” Then we headed to the library for a Mother’s Day craft and I received 2 fresh roses to take home. For osupper we had chicken wraps. I’m surprised that there is enough chicken for another meal.

It’s a cold and windy night for soccer. Dh is at home with our twins.
    edit: We both ended up with wind burn.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, May 10th, 2018 at 10:44 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

does that coupon work on temptations?

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post

does that coupon work on temptations?
    Yes it will.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Went shopping Tuesday night and all and all was good until we got to No Frills, they had almost no produce and considering we were mostly looking for fresh fruit and veg this week with the exception of Milk it was a bit of a disappointing stop. I went back Wednesday night on my way home and they had everything back in stock or a substitute except for the Strawberries.

Not sure if they ordering less or what but lately I find the produce section so hit and miss but really we have no good place for produce. Frescho is horrible, almost all of their produce is moldy and turning to liquid on the shelf and no matter how many times you complain nothing seems to change and you can see the staff does not care. One night we were there and they were putting out lettuce and the person putting it out hands were literally leaving finger prints and it was dripping in liquid and when someone said how gross it was his reply was all we got, take it or leave it.

Food Basics is also hit and miss sometimes it is great other times not as bad as Freshco as they remove it but at times leaves them with a pretty empty produce department.

Sobey's produce department is now tiny, 1/4 of what it used to be a more then half of this is now organic. Also to my surprise last time they had veggies on sale I wanted I did actually go in to get them and they were worse then No Frills so I ended up going to No Frills to price match them. I was told when veggies are on sale since they have to order more they do not get the same quality as when they are sold at full price from a worker there.

Hoping No Frills turns things around but highly doubt it going into cottage season, this usually just means more empty shelves.

I head out of town again today to work an out of town event tomorrow. Tonight the branch manager is hosting a BBQ for everyone coming in from out of town which I am looking forward to, not sure what is on the menu but they had me at BBQ not going to lie.

Not much else going on my house needs some serious attention but more then likely won't happen until next week as we will be getting in late Saturday night and Sunday is Mother's Day. We are taking Mom's to brunch but the place we are going almost gave me a heart attack last night, they called to confirm but before he got to that part he said something along the lines of "you were supposed to have a reservation" which made me think they were cancelling our reservation. All I could think is great what am I going to do now Thursday before Mother's Day where else am I going to get a reservation now. But luckily they were just confirming and all is good.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-may be off to no frills for a few items if hubby gets here soon
    -so excited my daughter is coming in with her family sat night to sleep over -they are going out to supper with her in-laws for mother's day ,but we decided to not spend on going out and cook brunch at my son's so I am bringing fruit ,fresh bread and potatoes to roast,son is getting the eggs and peameal bacon ,daughter is making momosa's and bringing pastries should be nice then Ashlyn will play with Sebastian for a nice visit

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Good morning frugal shoppers!
    Trying to grab a $10.00 item at Metro on each of the 4 days of redeem 95 AM, get 50 BAM
    Yesterday I bought DH his much wanted honeydew melon ( good grief though! I never pay that much...$4.99 !) but they were as large as basketballs, so?? Also picked up 2 discounted lamb shoulder chops. OOP was $1.68
    Today I bought a tray with 6 of those same chops and one of fresh lamb chunks for stew. OOP was $3.73
    Tomorrow probably will be Liberte Greek yogurt and perhaps I'll splurge and buy my DD one of her favourite Pizza buns ( which are also overpriced )
    These AM deals are a nice way to actually earn back some of the redeemed points. A win-win.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Good morning frugal shoppers!
    Trying to grab a $10.00 item at Metro on each of the 4 days of redeem 95 AM, get 50 BAM
    Yesterday I bought DH his much wanted honeydew melon ( good grief though! I never pay that much...$4.99 !) but they were as large as basketballs, so?? Also picked up 2 discounted lamb shoulder chops. OOP was $1.68
    Today I bought a tray with 6 of those same chops and one of fresh lamb chunks for stew. OOP was $3.73
    Tomorrow probably will be Liberte Greek yogurt and perhaps I'll splurge and buy my DD one of her favourite Pizza buns ( which are also overpriced )
    These AM deals are a nice way to actually earn back some of the redeemed points. A win-win.
    So jealous of yours deals!!!! Metro QC dont do air miles at all,just metro and me store points.So unfair.
    Ciel, macw1960 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late morning!!! Today I decided it is a no couponning day and just taking the day relax!!!! Wishing you all an awesome day!!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF! Sunny but cool day here but we don't care it is Friday )))
    Angela273, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Good late morning!!! Today I decided it is a no couponning day and just taking the day relax!!!! Wishing you all an awesome day!!!
    So what are the odds that your resolve not to coupon today will hold up? :p
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    So what are the odds that your resolve not to coupon today will hold up? :p
    I would think so,My Facebook is closed,not touching it for the day!!!
    Ciel, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I have folded and put away 2 loads of laundry. Anew load is in the dryer. Dh washed the dishes last night and our twins dried. I put them all away before breakfast this morning.

Since my appointment is tomorrow afternoon, I’m trying to figure out our shopping destinations for the morning. I’d like to go to a Viet Thai restaurant for lunch.

I am interviewing with another family today, after she is done school for the day. She is in our son’s class.

edit: The new load of laundry wars also folded and put away before Dh got home from work.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sun, May 13th, 2018 at 08:43 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

An awesome mail day:
    -3 awesome trades from french Facebook couponning groups!

-coupons!

-Junk

I am still waiting on my 2 proplan fpc's

Received a surprise from agropur !!! 2x 5$ and 2$x1 cheese coupons for not having being approuved for their cheese bar promotion

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well hubby got home at 10.00 ,he had an extra run -so off I went shopping
    first Canadian tire
    -rakes were 20% off so I paid 16.99 re 24.99 for a steel rake -I hated the plastic one hubby bought last year ,so son can keep that one as he borrowed it

then on to marksworkwarehouse the nice teal socks I bought hubby a pair a few weeks back are now 1.88 a pair so got the last 2 pairs

then on to no frills -all in the same plaza only spent $29.48 after I get 6.00 from checkout 51 and caddle approved for a 100.00 worth of groceries I used 60.00 in my p.c optium points oh also got 4.23 back on my debit scoped a lever body wash

some awesome deals were with my points
    p.m blueberries to food basics 1.67- my personal points-I paid 1.37 each
    (2) tide pods on for 3.97-buy 2 save 3.00 cpn-my personal points for tide I paid 1.67 each
    price matched my 4 cobs of corn to food basics 2.88
    cantelope p.m food basics 1.67
    Cavendish French fries p.m to food basics 1.99-1.00 cpn=.99

plus I got 6,100 points form my personal offers
    barbis9, Ciel, macw1960 and 4 others like this.

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information