User Tag List

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I managed to get a load of laundry on the line before work. Its a cold breezy day so hopefully it dries.
    thanks to @walkonby I am going to Metro. I always try to take advantage of this promo but we do not get flyers any longer so I had missed it.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Just went for my first ever oil change today. $101.70 later...I now also need shocks replaced, which is about $900. Gracious!

Signed DD1 up for a three week summer camp at $140 per week instead of at her school which is $242 per week. Wow.... I'm always in shock at the childcare bills.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 6 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I managed to get a load of laundry on the line before work. Its a cold breezy day so hopefully it dries.
    thanks to @walkonby I am going to Metro. I always try to take advantage of this promo but we do not get flyers any longer so I had missed it.
    you can find all your local flyers on the app called F-L-I-P-P (minus the spaces as this form doesn't accept this word). I love the search option to find where a particular item is on sale.
    Last edited by barbis9; Fri, May 11th, 2018 at 03:11 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Returned three impulse buys and managed to do it within 2 hours so it only cost one bus fare. Popped into the new Denningers, they were giving out samples to try. I had no idea sirachi was spicy and when I asked I got a sarcastic reply.....not good customer service. They discontinued my fav. Bigelow teas, does anyone know who carries it? My pc optimum app was down yesterday....all my offers had expired and didn't have any new ones with an error that something wasn't right. Hopefully it works tonight at Fortinos as I am close to redeeming $10 again.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

supper tonight BBQ chicken my price match deal today on the corn on the cob ,mashed potatoes ,grilled zucchini (free from my son-in-law)plus have an extra chicken breast to use up in salads or another day soon
    -relaxed had a tea with neighbour today we were talking about how much we love no frills etc

-so didn't get any house work done ,I am relaxing as watching a baby yesterday is tiring at my age

-sweet sparrow I am shocked at childcare expenses too ,my dear daughter lives with her family in a one bedroom condo (yes Sebastian doesn't even have his own room )they cant afford to move til he is out of daycare -as daycare costs 1,800-1,900 a month -wish she was in the same city as me as I for sure would have helped her
    -even kids clothing is awful prices -that's why I am always looking for sales or really nice used stuff at talize,once upon a child
    -today daughter called on her way to work and told me Sebastian wanted to wear the "peppa pig t-shirt" I bought him at indigo(3.89 reduced after xmas )he got upset if she didn't put it on him -lol
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

For supper I tried a new thing.O solo miio pastas it was very good and cheap(1,00$after coupon) 2,00$ in this week metro qc flyer ,will buy more wish i will get my coupons in time to make it free or 1,00$
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 I love that app, but I don't use it to look at the whole flyer. I sue it to make sure I have the best price for whatever I am buying at RCSS so I can price match. I did easy today for dinner Costco rotisserie chicken. The kids love it and I had no desire to cook.
    I managed to get my plants today. The 6 pack of kale at Costco is 4.99 and they did so well last year that I did not buy any kale. In fact I still have a bot left in the freezer. I am thinking I may need to add to my garden. I want to grow more than I have space. I will grow the peppers and herbs in containers and then maybe next year add a third raised bed.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

A very good earlier morning to all my smart canucks friends!!!
    I just finished making my grocery shopping list for the week,will pm 4 stores,use a bunch of coupons and gain pc points at maxi.Today I just need to writhe a e-mail ,and relax.May take a nap this afternoon because I woke up very earlier
    Mothers day suck when you dont have your mother around you anymore
    Another beautiful day!!!!
    Enjoy it!!!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

cath-have a super good day and relax,yes I miss my mom so much on special days -I loved treating her so special

-need to vacuum today ,and clean a little for daughter and her family will get here tonight
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    A very good earlier morning to all my smart canucks friends!!!
    I just finished making my grocery shopping list for the week,will pm 4 stores,use a bunch of coupons and gain pc points at maxi.Today I just need to writhe a e-mail ,and relax.May take a nap this afternoon because I woke up very earlier
    Mothers day suck when you dont have your mother around you anymore
    Another beautiful day!!!!
    Enjoy it!!!!
    I hear you about Mother's Day.
    I have my Mum. I have also 'adopted' some other Mums--> women who I admire and respect and can teach me a few things.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    I have my Mum. I have also 'adopted' some other Mums--> women who I admire and respect and can teach me a few things.
    yes me too. my aunt is my marraine and like my 2 mother since 10 years

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @barbis9 I love that app, but I don't use it to look at the whole flyer. I sue it to make sure I have the best price for whatever I am buying at RCSS so I can price match. I did easy today for dinner Costco rotisserie chicken. The kids love it and I had no desire to cook.
    I managed to get my plants today. The 6 pack of kale at Costco is 4.99 and they did so well last year that I did not buy any kale. In fact I still have a bot left in the freezer. I am thinking I may need to add to my garden. I want to grow more than I have space. I will grow the peppers and herbs in containers and then maybe next year add a third raised bed.
    Is it easy to grow kale?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    My mother passed away 7 years ago and we were very close. I now have a adopted mom who keeps me in line lol.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@barbis9 it is so easy. The 6 plants provided kale for 6 months and I took loads to work for friends who don't have room to garden. I stuck it in the dirt and it just went wild. I would say that the 4.99 spent was close to 200.00 worth of kale if you were to buy it, because you just harvest the leaves and the plants keeps producing. It did the last harvest in December just as we had that big freeze. I also cut it up and froze it for soups so I was able to use it all winter long. I have a kale and bean soup that the older teen and I both love so not paying for kale all winter was great.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped over to shoppers only spent 18.90 got milk ,toilet paper and my 2/5.00 smartfood popcorn -600 points=2.20 each cheaper than no frills it was 2.77 yesterday

then I had called pizza pizza because I had a few awfull pizzas from them , at my local store and in Toronto -so they gave me a credit for a free XL Pizza worth $11.49 so that is what we just had for supper and it was yummy with a few slices left over for sun or mon

did 2 loads today sheets and other didn't hang it as it was so dreary out -now it is so sunny at 5.18 also vacuumed and dusted a bit -that's it for today I am tired -I may clean the toilets in a bit before daughter gets here around 8.30 p.m
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Page 14 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information