User Tag List

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -wish I could enjoy a good book ,had to put all my books from the library that are on hold on a freeze status til after my eye operation end of june

-well just had a quote for a new roof not one of the cheaper items we need for the house that's for sure -but we are going to get it done another quote on Wednesday morning

-went to the dump today with a box of old paint ,cans etc to put in bins then went into the reuse store they have there and bought a rebbit foam puzzle 1.00-this brand of puzzle is usually $15-20.00 so I will see if any pieces are missing ,then went to lococs a local fruit/veggie place and spent 28.00
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 07:21 AM.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I just noticed an awesome deal on meat at my local small grocery clearance store called grocery nadeau.I will use my 2x10$ olymel coupons to the max for 2 big smoked ham at 2 for 10$ and sliced meat of ham and chicken 5 for 10$ (they will allow the coupon for more than 1 item),I phoned the store before,and it freeze very well too.Very happy !!!!
    Last edited by cath007; Tue, May 22nd, 2018 at 07:31 PM.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Weekend weather was lovely but I want a do-over of yesterday. Sibling had company over and he did not give advance notice other than 30min before they came. So yours truly did a lot of walking-no coins, but some containers, 2 McCafe stickers, 3 plastic Walmart bags (1 for cans and 2 for trash) and a lunch stop at McDonald's
    The tulips began to fall apart yesterday. Sigh. Only a little over two weeks of floral bliss! The amaryllis has flopped over too. Have to put soap pieces in flowerbed-someone's paws keep raking dirt in spots and I'm done with that mess.
    I have never tried soap pieces before to repel squirrels. Would it work and what brand works best? Do you shred the soap or just break it apart?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. another load of laundry to hang is ready to go .
    going tonight to get glasses for middle child from costco .
    Ceil - thought of you , found a beer can on our walk yesterday, added it to the stash I have to return. I ususally find a few after a weekend...

will prob do the early years program with my kids, and pop over to the bank first..I need to drop off the rolled coin... I have 159.00 worth... I am not over fond of the early years program lady or the program she runs. so we will not say overly long. but the kids like playing with the toys . it is a change in our day so that is nice

I planted some of our strawberry plants yesterday, I need to bring up the other barrel and plant the rest.
    paid a few bills this am... always more money then bills. lol.
    I need to write out next months budget.. that willl be a fun one. we have residence to pay for fo r middle child. an I am waiting to hear from our deck guy... he has not gotten back to us yet.. I am getting a tad concerned.

I also need to do a good coupon sort.

sb wise I am doing well, I have 106 in my amazon acct. I am saving for residence needs for middle child. as they have no meal plan option . but they do have a room mate, so untill we have room mate info ( august sometime) I am hoarding my amazon money in prep to pay for toaster oven , ect....

thats it from me.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! `_Very cloudy and rain today;a stay Inside kind of a day.Need to do more cleaning and sort my coupons for this upcoming week grocery;altrough with dont need to much stuff.I really hope they will have shrimps at maxi and no hazzle with the pc points.I will go at the opening.Have an awesome day everyone!!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I sliced the 2 bigs boneless smoked ham (1,4kg)and it make 15 slices for each.It is in the freezer.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night we had our second quote for anew roll down black out blind for our large livingroom window. We ordered it through Budget Blinds and the lady provided us with a 30% discount. Dh will install it when it arrives in 3-4wks, which will also save us some money. This large window is South facing, so a new blackout blind will help with our heating and cooling bill. The current blind is beyond repair and came with the house. It was a necessary, but somewhat expensive purchase.

Our twin boy decided to start his day just after 5am, his sister joined him about 1/2hr later. Big brother is also up now. My daycare kids don’t arrive until just after 8am. It’s supposed to be 22 by 10am. The kids will have fun in the back yard. Snack outside again and water play.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 08:51 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -I hear you about expensive purchases for the home ,all my blinds are 20 years old (it will be 20 years we are in this house in august) and I hate blinds my front one doesn't go up or down in the bay window but this will have to wait til another year -I just got a dentist bill for $460.00 hubby had 2 filling and dental surgery back in april-we do have insurance but it only covers so much infact the dentist receptionist told me they absorbed the price of one filling $220.00

-I just feel money is just flowing out lately -thank goodness I have 300.00 on my p.c optium in points as it helps taking $40-$60 off my grocery bill at one time plus I am staying out of shoppers for awhile (its all a game these points sometimes -lol)

-hung one load out waiting for our other quote on the roof -only this guy is running late he will be here at 10.00-ohh I need the car to go pay dentist so I hope its not too long as I have to have the car back for hubby at 1.30

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@coupon girl- I have been using my PC pts lately too. It really helps. See lots of deals I want tomorrow too so will use the points to stock us up.
    @Angela- A garage sale is a lot of work but a wonderful idea. I need to get ours ready too but rain is in our forcast for this weekend so will get it ready and have it when it is nice out.

I am taking tomorrow off work to get stuff done. Had way too much fun on the long weekend and nothing got done. I did 2 loads of laundry last night and cooked a peameal roast for the oldest.

Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 09:29 AM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Shopping grocery list for next week is done with the pm and coupons to use ,written to 3 comagnies so far I will keept going
    Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Shopping grocery list for next week is done with the pm and coupons to use ,written to 3 comagnies so far I will keept going
    I wrote out my list too . Will go in the morning. I will go tonight though to get some of the shrimp and maybe some other items with bonus pts. Got kids to feed
    Ciel, macw1960 and cath007 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have been waiting for quotes for my front porch, kitchen, and replacing the fully carpeted basement bathroom with tiles (why they used wall to wall carpet in the bathroom is beyond me) My kitchen guy never showed, the porch is a personal friend and a no show. The next time I hear a tradesperson complain of lack of work, I will scream! So frustrating. But on the bright side, it is gorgeous and sunny today, and I am on the right side of the grass 🙂
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 11:42 AM.
    Ciel, macw1960, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Frugalbigmama We have too much to actually have a garage sale. It takes up our entire driveway. We live on a busy residential street, so we have lots of drive by attraction. I also advertise on garagesale junkie and our local Facebook pages. We usually make around $200 on a Saturday only sale. This morning I packed up my baby bottles and baby bullet to put in the sale. It is nice to see that area empty in the cupboard.

Dh and our son took our recycleables to SARCAN this morning. They came home with $82.xx. $80 went into my purse and the change went to the 3 piggy banks.

I’m already outside with our kids. The sky is pretty blue today, not cloudy and humid like yesterday morning. It’s almost 10am and it’s already 24.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 11:53 AM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Frugalbigmama We have too much to actually have a garage sale. It takes up our entire driveway. We live on a busy residential street, so we have lots of drive by attraction. We usually make around $200 on a Saturday only sale. This morning I packed up my baby bottles and baby bullet to put in the sale. It is nice to see that area empty in the cupboard.

Dh and our son took our recycleables to SARCAN this morning. They came home with $82.xx. $80 went into my purse and the change went to the 3 piggy banks.
    Doesn't it feel great to get rid of stuff? $200 on a Saturday is great, the most I ever made was $125 on a garage sale.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Awesome mail day!!!

-1 awesome trade from here!

-3 awesome trades from french couponning groups !
    Just in time for the last day of the sale
    -manufacturer coupons

I went to maxi to have the shrimps and surprise no shrimps....and they dont give points in rainchecks so annoyed
    Last edited by cath007; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 02:37 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Page 28 of 40 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 ... LastLast

Thread Information