User Tag List

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to RCSS and bought 2 shrimp for $10 each and redeemed $20 in PC PTs. Figure good to try them for free plus getting $10 in points back.
    No slider burgers so will go to No Frills tonight and see if they have the point offer.

Received my Hydro bill for the month of April. It was $82.29. I have a credit of $124.68 on my account for next month which is nice.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It started to sprinkle a little bit of rain on us just before lunch.
    Today’s kids lunch is cut up strawberries, red grapes, banana, Ritz crackers with Philadelphia cream cheese and a glass of milk.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 05:10 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Reported 4 pc offers for next week!!!
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Anyway find a great deal on whiskas temptations to bad I had no pc offer for those this week. reg 3,29$ for a big bag now 2 for 2,79$ for bigs bags,I think they made a mistake in price but their lost my gain .I bought 10 bags!!!!
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbigmama -yes I used 20.00 p.c optium points in fortinos today only spent 12 something

angela -is sarcan a place you return empty beer cans do you get money for pop cans also just curious ?? 82.00 is nice

cath-yes I moved 4 offers over too nice to be able to save a few offers from the p.c optium program

on Thursday I will go to son's and watch baby cara -6months and Ashlyn 4 from noon thurs til 12.30 Friday so they can stay overnight at Niagara falls and have a nice meal out -so no access to here for those 2 days -I have no cell phone

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@coupon girl SARCAN is the recycling place in SK. You can recycle virtually any bottle or can. They will not give you money for it if it is missing the labor. You can take most things there. The $82 was from milk jugs, pop bottles, water bottles, beer cans and juice boxes. Some from our own purchases and others that I’ve collected in town. You can return brown beer bottles to the liquor board store, they pay a bit better than SARCAN.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 04:11 PM.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    I sliced the 2 bigs boneless smoked ham (1,4kg)and it make 15 slices for each.It is in the freezer.
    I am reading about your hams and all I can think of is Hawaiian pizza or ham and cheese sandwiches right now!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    I have been waiting for quotes for my front porch, kitchen, and replacing the fully carpeted basement bathroom with tiles (why they used wall to wall carpet in the bathroom is beyond me) My kitchen guy never showed, the porch is a personal friend and a no show. The next time I hear a tradesperson complain of lack of work, I will scream! So frustrating. But on the bright side, it is gorgeous and sunny today, and I am on the right side of the grass 
    Any chance you have a community college with trade programs near you? I bet you can try posting at the employment centre to see if new graduates might be willing to quote you for work.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@coupon girl -have you considered trying audiobooks? I understand you cannot pause a chapter or you will have to go to the start of it again.
    Funnily enough, I have a book I can read in the backyard soon-the first Medical Medium book hold came in for me (seems like forever). I made a point to cut my usual yard areas today (mower must have had bad gas-so many stalls or near stalls--did not have that issue with my gas in the five prior weeks) and put laundry outdoors (perfect conditions for drying-wind, enough sun and temperature).
    @barbis9 -have not done the soap thing before but I will slice off ends from a bar of Ivory soap (I have several bars from a recent stockup) to put into the flowerbed and see what happens. I know a squirrel is also in the area by all the empty walnut halves I keep finding near the flowerbeds.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While waiting for clothing, shoes and work gloves to dry, I salvaged celery and a bunch of cilantro from the fridge's crisper. Made a half portion of detox smoothie and used the celery leaves in it (first time using the chop button on the blender, which helped with the puree afterwards). Since we have two boxes of salad in the fridge, celery sticks and carrot sticks (found a $1 bag of carrots on clearance at Walmart last night-did the peeling and slicing last night), we have food for the days of hot weather this week (plus a few salad dressings). I am not bothering with making trays of ice cubes because last summer, the guys kept putting frozen food items on the trays. If there are drinks to chill, they will be put downstairs on the cold floor or where there is door space in the fridge. Less stress for me.

Just wish I knew what it would take for the guys to wash dishes and glassware after they used them. I keep washing things because I want only fresh air smells, not various food odours indoors. Over the long weekend, I had issue with the pots and pans and dishes used for the company spaghetti meal that were left in the sink and on the counter. In sum, I did the dishes otherwise they would not get washed. Really, there is a visual component to seeing clear spaces in areas where one is about to eat-dirty dishes don't help.

Made sure to stop at Shoppers to buy the two sale items today so I don't have to set foot in the store on Optimum Thursday.

Last night, I spent time looking at the top fabric pieces I have not worked with for months and realized aside from needing interfacing pieces, I could be stitching a bell-sleeve top to wear this week.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I have to remember to jot some things from the new issue of First for Women to share here tomorrow.

I was recycling past issues from 2017 and I was finding bits on yogurt:
    To make feet sandal-ready, mash 4 tbsp of yogurt with 1/2 cup of cornmeal (use finely ground variety) and apply mixture to feet and wait 5 minutes before rinsing feet with warm water.
    (I made the mixture and feel that I can get by with only 1/2 that recipe, (there was a lot of the mixture left over after I used some of it) but wow there was a slight improvement to skin.)

While yogurt is good for you, to reduce bloating issues if you are perimenopausal, look for yogurts without gums or preservatives. Sigge and Skyr were brands suggested. (I noticed that lactose-free Astro yogurt still gave me gas...)

I encourage everyone with Ms. Sunshine beaming in their area to get their 20 minutes of Vitamin D exposure today!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Just got my receipt approved for the Pantene Conditioner guarantee ($45 Prepaid Card). They sent an email saying it was denied, but turns out it was a mistake on their part.

So a $45 Prepaid card will be very nice for the budget

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Tonight’s supper is sweet and sour pork with pineapple, boiled mixed veggies, and rice.

We have had light thunder showers off and on for the last day. Soccer was still a go last night, but cool and windy. I’m waiting to see if toddler soccer will be cancelled or not this evening.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, May 23rd, 2018 at 07:16 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -never thought of audio books ,but I am so busy this month ,before my surgery -I don't really have time our roof is being done in 4 weeks -so excited (I love improving our home -lol)

-supper was fish ,French fries and corn on cob ,chapmans ice cream for a snack

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Very impressed with DH today. He used up stuff that needed to be used and made a lovely dish for dinner. I have really tried to reduce our food waste and it seems to wearing off on him.
    We have one week of his benefits left so I submitted anything outstanding. I have a great plan too but this gave us 100% coverage. @barbis9 omg I am glad it's not me, I have reached out to several painters for an estimate and so far no one has followed though.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information