User Tag List

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast
Like Tree3067Likes

Thread: May 2018 Frugal Chatter

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

nat -glad your hubby is okay

my hubby has dengerating discs in his back and last Thursday when we slept over at my son's he slept on the couch on the big toss pillow and screwed up his back -still a week later and he is moving around very slowly ,he should have called in sick today ,but he wont

-no shopping for me today -I need to try and be a bit thriftier ,cant always go to shoppers just cause its seniors day and spent another 50.00 -I tell you the p.c program is inticing to spend on the personal offers

-going to pop over to sons tonight and see grandkids ,I will drive

-just washed floors and cleaned the toilets
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Put the last piece of fruit in DS's lunch this morning so went to No Frills at lunch.
    Giving my PC Pts a break and let them build up again so paid with PC MC (will transfer payment on to it now) so more points
    Spent $47.95:

$2 x 3 Sunlight laundry detergent
    $2.25 x 2 Alpha-bits (less 2 x .75 coupons) Treated son to junk cereal for summer break.
    $2 PC cookie dough you bake
    $1 x 3 4pk yogurt
    $2 x 2 Spinach filled pasta (DS requested)
    $2 2L chocolate milk
    .50 cents Lemon (for the fish I'm going to bbq this upcoming week)
    $2 lb for asparagus
    $1 lb Gala apples (bought 6.5 lbs)
    $2 Romaine hearts
    Bananas
    12pk hot dog buns
    12 pk hamburg buns
    $1 x 6 1lb strawberries

Fridge is stuffed. Lots of meal plans now to go with the meat in the freezer

I need to go to RCSS and PM FB later tonight for:

.88 cucumbers
    .88 lb sweet potatoes
    1.88 laughing cow cheese
    1.88 tostitos.

Received 2200 PC pts for my strawberries, bananas and the buns. Will get points on cucumbers.

Will be a great week of good eating
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, May 31st, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

We decided to install the AC now as it was to hot in the appart.Now I feel good!!!! Went to maxi this morning to get my 5 free o sole mioo small lasagna after coupons,and some others things.Trying to just relax for now
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

18 school lunches left to pack this school year! (Well DS and his friends will walk to DQ 1 or 2 days when nice out so I guess 16 left lol)

For the summer when I'm working and he is home he will fend for himself but I will try and make sure there is dinner leftovers for him. September he will have access to a microwave so will be easier to have dinner leftovers for him to take. Woohoo!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today I presented at court as I had been summoned for jury duty-luckily for me the fellow pleaded quilty just a few minutes prior to the selection commencing so we were all off the hook and sent home-good thing too as the trial was expected to last 6 days. I can think of better things to do with my time-no idea what it was to be about but I for one can live without the lurid details of a crime!! It is now cool and rainy here which is definitely needed in our yards.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Today I presented at court as I had been summoned for jury duty-luckily for me the fellow pleaded quilty just a few minutes prior to the selection commencing so we were all off the hook and sent home-good thing too as the trial was expected to last 6 days. I can think of better things to do with my time-no idea what it was to be about but I for one can live without the lurid details of a crime!! It is now cool and rainy here which is definitely needed in our yards.

I had to do jury duty years ago. Received the notice the morning I was leaving for Mexico. The trial was to start March break when I had planned to be off with the kids. I could totally tell they were going to pick me by the way the 2 guys were staring/smiling at me. DAMN! I did attend the 1st day, we were just about to see the 1st witness on the stand and they guy please guilty so at least it didn't ruin the entire week. Nice too that work pays for jury duty (don't have to use vacation days etc)
    Angela273, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sometimes I’ve been providing food to two families in town. They are both single moms with 4 children. I told the one mom yesterday that the $20 in groceries isn’t worth it for me to know that her children don’t have snacks for school lunches, etc. She burst into tears. We picked out some things from my pantry, fridge, and freezer to send home with her. She already received her food from the Foodbank earlier in the month.

I have even more Daycare openings because the one mom is now unemployed, but still looking for a job. Come July 1st, I won’t have any children on Daycare contracts. I’m trying to fill the spots and spread the word.

This week we were given 30 raffle tickets that we are required to sell for soccer, or else we buy them ourselves, which is $75 in total. I messaged a few people that I thought might buy from us. I already sold 4 this afternoon, and other people have promised to purchase an additional 16 tickets. I sent one booklet to work with Dh. I told him that we often support their fundraisers, so it’s their turn to support ours.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Natalka, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Thanks @lilo0003 and @Angela273 for the updates on the points at the gas station! Good to know, considering I don't drive any longer and just have a slight awareness of the new PC OPtimum/Esso program.
    @Natalka -pamper DH the best you can. There must be some pain from the flying wood!
    @Frugalbigmama -yes, May has steam-rolled to the last day. Rather stunned it will be June 1 tomorrow but that could be fine with students literally counting down the days to summer break!

Woo-muggy day but the early morning rain was welcome (flowers are happy). Best purchase I made this week was for 5 bags of frozen fruit at Longos to earn 250 bonus TYR points then I had enough points to do a $10 redemption (2200 TYR pts) on a smaller purchase right away. The frozen fruit (blueberries, mangos, bite size blend with peaches and berries and raspberries) has been a real joy today to keep from overheating at home. The last of the coconut water has been consumed. Debating to purchase one more tetra box of coconut water on the way home. Seems 20C weather is almost here and I cannot wait for it to be here!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Definitely glad you got the rest of your day back! Not sure how much jury support services are available to assist jurors with any stress resulting from participating in a trial. There was mention of how in the Hamilton area, a need for support services for jurors was apparent.
    Natalka, barbis9, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

The olymel girl did not get my enveloppe of coupons and its been 2 weeks since I mailed...this is ridiculous
    Ciel, macw1960 and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela how nice of you to help out others -so kind

we had eggs for supper then off to my son's for a visit as daughter-in-law was going out for work supper -played with both girls ,I got to give cara her supper ,then bottle while son bathed Ashlyn we came home at 7.45 as I had to put garbage out
    Love when Ashlyn says "I love you nana" out of the blue then I give her a big hug and say I love you too.lol

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I turned the AC on for a few hours as the house was up to 27 degrees, but when the rain came and ended the humidity I turned it off and opened the windows. I am a fan of fresh air. I was able to get a load dried on the line and the younger son pulled it off as the rain started. Fridays I work at home so I have another old ready to go in the morning. Fingers crossed it dries before the rain.
    The garden is enjoying this rain, but I had to wrap them with chicken wire as a few plants have already been consumed by something.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks for the good wishes for my husband. He said it doesn't hurt, just when he accidentally touches the bandage. It really could have been terribly worse, so imI glad it's just what it is.

Good night all, it's only coming nine here, but I am trying to wind down, and hoping for sleep. I am really pooped, everything seems to hurt, and I am so very weak and tired. Oh, how I miss the old me....

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

[QUOTE=Natalka;6900689]Thanks for the good wishes for my husband. He said it doesn't hurt, just when he accidentally touches the bandage. It really could have been terribly worse, so imI glad it's just what it is.

Good night all, it's only coming nine here, but I am trying to wind down, and hoping for sleep. I am really pooped, everything seems to hurt, and I am so very weak and tired. Oh, how I miss the old me....[/QUOTE @Natalka I always say aging is not for the feint of heart and I am only 51. I hope your hubby heals quickly.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread Information