User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree110Likes

Thread: Dollar Stores charging for bags May 2018

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Ciel wants no part in losing groceries due to gravity/sidewalk burn if she cannot clear the ground when toting.

Thus why Ciel has a wheeled Kitchen Stuff Plus cart-for the times canned drinks or big bag of flour or heavy groceries would flatten Ciel in under 5min if she were to tote the lot in bags alone...
    Ciel has a wonderful sense of humour. LOL. I just saw this now -- thanks for the chuckle.

I'm often seen with a backpack...but, I'm getting weaker in my old age. I may have to bring along a wheeled cart on my treks. The backpack's handy because it's usually for, "oh, wow, what a deal! I have to buy it," trips where I'm out for exercise more than anything else. But...when there's a great deal, it can be hard to carry things home. But...I hate pulling a cart along if I don't use it, which would happen, too. Hmmm...I need to find a donkey...

Thanks for the heads up on the $0.05 bags coming to xxxx store near you.
    Ciel and dededi like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was on Twitter checking some accounts and noticed that McMaster University Campus stores won't be giving out bags in September. Students and other customers will have to BYOB-bring your own bags. Might be tricky for computer peripherals but that is what fold-up totes are good for!

Might be a good idea to ensure any family or friends going back to campus has about three different size totes plus a sturdy one with fold-down cardboard bottom for that detergent jug deal or heavy book buy (or maybe it's time for a shopping cart!).
    GoodBoy likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Kitchen Stuff Plus has a foldup tote with two wheels that might be closer to what you currently tote. But there's no solid handle, just two braided fabric straps.https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp...g-trolley-blue
    My preferred ride for groceries: https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp...ng-trolley-red

I saw someone with this brand of shopping cart at a bus stop-pretty swish! https://www.rolser.com/en/4-shopping-trolleys
    I did not know that DeSerres art stores sold that brand of trolleys! https://www.deserres.ca/en/home/shopping-trolleys
    sweetmomma likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Kitchen Stuff Plus has a foldup tote with two wheels that might be closer to what you currently tote. But there's no solid handle, just two braided fabric straps.https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp...g-trolley-blue
    My preferred ride for groceries: https://www.kitchenstuffplus.com/ksp...ng-trolley-red

I saw someone with this brand of shopping cart at a bus stop-pretty swish! https://www.rolser.com/en/4-shopping-trolleys
    I did not know that DeSerres art stores sold that brand of trolleys! https://www.deserres.ca/en/home/shopping-trolleys
    I didn't realize the carts can be so expensive!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Beer Stores in Ontario have a counter card indicating that (5cent) plastic bags will no longer be available as of January 2020. Remember to carry sturdy totes for purchases-the flimsy nylon bags won't do. I bought some bags today as they are shorter than the grocery store bags but perfect for can collecting (they don't drag down to the ground).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Global News on Friday Jan. 31 stated that Sobey's will be selling paper bags for 10cents a piece as the single use plastic bags are discontinued. Bring your own recyclable totes too! Store sells some kinds of totes but the heavy stuff needs those cardboard reinforced black rectangular totes (I was told they sell for $5.99 each).
    Shwa Girl and CheriLyn like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Current Farm Boy flyer shows the different bags that the stores sell. I saw the 99 cent tote-is that the same kind of black fabric that is used for the PC totes? If so, I know where to get more totes!

My PC tote can get 6mo to one year's of use depending on how often I lug pop cases or just heavy goods.
    sweetmomma likes this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dollar stores are some of the worse for the environmental impact given they'll give a bag for every purchase. Charging for bags only makes sense.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dollarama has not given free bags during this pandemic. Still getting 5 cents per bag requested by customer or anyone who says yes to cashier asking about a bag!
    CheriLyn likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Talize is going to do away with bags on August 14-BYOB or buy their 99cent reusable ones. Might want to mark your totes or carriers distinctly so that staff don't think you got totes from the ones on the racks for sale. Really.

Walmart and Food Basics and some Shoppers Drug Marts have gone back to charging 5 cents per bag this month or in late June.

Fortinos has yet to restore a bag fee for customers wanting bags for their groceries. Meanwhile, my local Fortinos still does not stock the small black reusuable tote bags. My existing bag has two holes so a replacement will be needed by summer's end.
    Shwa Girl likes this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Talize is going to do away with bags on August 14-BYOB or buy their 99cent reusable ones. Might want to mark your totes or carriers distinctly so that staff don't think you got totes from the ones on the racks for sale. Really.

Walmart and Food Basics and some Shoppers Drug Marts have gone back to charging 5 cents per bag this month or in late June.

Fortinos has yet to restore a bag fee for customers wanting bags for their groceries. Meanwhile, my local Fortinos still does not stock the small black reusuable tote bags. My existing bag has two holes so a replacement will be needed by summer's end.
    Yes. I also noticed that some store are back to charging but some are still not charging. Interesting times....
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I don't think Metro charges atm.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check to see if your local Walmart store is no longer providing plastic bags as of August 2, 2021.

Mom was at the Ancaster Superstore and she said there was a sign about the bag change. Meanwhile, nothing was printed in the flyer about this change. I sent a tweet to Walmart.

Pack your totes/carriers and more!
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Smart Canuck
    [vbp_tr_most_helpful_today]
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Longos, Shoppers, Food Basics all charge 5 cents per bag. Dollarama too. Sometimes a Shoppers or Food Basics employee gives a bag for free YMMV.

Fortinos still has been providing bags for free but the thinner white bags are not as good as the long green bags.
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel21 View Post
    Longos, Shoppers, Food Basics all charge 5 cents per bag. Dollarama too. Sometimes a Shoppers or Food Basics employee gives a bag for free YMMV.

Fortinos still has been providing bags for free but the thinner white bags are not as good as the long green bags.
    some Dollar Tree locations lets you take their empty boxes near the cash. Free.
    Ciel21 likes this.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information