User Tag List

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ciel21

Thread: Giant Tiger-shopping, new website update and changes to payments online

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Since Giant Tiger opened a location in my area (Ancaster), it's become a semi-regular store to visit for apparel (I actually find things I want to wear), food deals and the odd home decor item (bath mats)---and the impulse pop or chocolate treat buy. I was so thrilled to get Energizer batteries on sale for $2.99 this year! The store's battery display is easier to see at eye level than at another discount retailer (display is below the waist and one must bend or crouch to look at the different varieties).

I am thrilled with a men's imitation leather glove style from last year, with one pair bought at full price and a second pair for $5 this January. I did see clearance listing of $2.99 on the tan version of the gloves, which seem not to have otherwise returned (other styles are shown), for my location according to the website about two weeks ago. Think they sold out--have not been out to the store yet and I could find them on the website a few days ago.

Last week, the website underwent an update. I have not been able to activate my GT account and I can't get the account page to stay still-can only see my e-mail address and the rest of my info is blank. So many times and with different browsers have I tried. Even tweeted about it to GT. Guess that's good-bye to my VIP account and weekly offers...

Just over on the GT Facebook page, there's a Nov.12 post that had a couple of replies by a customer. She used to be able to use Paypal for online shopping at GT but that payment option has been removed. So any SCer doing the same thing, it's time to update your payment methods.

This current week's flyer mentions Dolly Parton kitchenware items and they are only available online.
    This thread is currently associated with: Giant Tiger, Guess
    "This is the Way." The Mandalorian

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The digital flyer shows a $10 off wus $60 or more on clothing and other categories this week. Of course, it helps if you can log into your GT VIP account to load the offer!

I sent in a contact form yesterday asking about my continued inability to update my account/to load offers since last week's site upgrade.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got a reply yesterday and I still cannot amend my account info after password change.

Meanwhile, when I sent a response yesterday to the GT e-mail, an auto generated reply indicated that the e-mail account will be discontinued on Dec 15 in favour of the web form on the website.
    Today, I got a second reply to ensure updated browers, preference to use Chrome and to clear cache.

Who's been able to access their VIP deals through desktop computer since the website update?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

For SCers who have been able to access the GT app after the website upgrade, have you seen any freebie food or snack deals loaded into your account?

Are there any clothing offers like $10 off wus $60 or more showing?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Current flyer VIP deal-save $10 wus $60 or more on clothing, accessories, footwear, housewares, home decor, electronics, toys and seasonal merchandise. One-time use only. Valid in-store or online with promo code VIP$3923.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last month, Giant Tiger notified customers of a data breach. Since I have not been a VIP member due to the 2022 site upgrade, I'll admit surprise that I received the e-mail (I used to be able to do online orders too).

Meanwhile, I am keen to find that Bluetooth speaker that emitted bubbles while paired with a phone that was only shown in one flyer in 2023. It's not on the website. Funny how random tech or usb gadgets get my attention.
    mulock likes this.

Thread Information