User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    170 (100%)

I found zellers coupon policy

http://www.zellers.com/Content/EN/mi...ponPolicy.aspx

Today I was in the store and had found some hanes with blue tags on them. I wanted to use the $3 coupons (one for each item) and I had a bunch of other items. Their policy does now state that I can do this and have any overages applied to the rest of my items.

Of course they refuse making up all kinds of reasons why they can't from "one per purchase means one per transaction". The undershirts you are buying are not "underwear" to well this coupon is only good on items in a package.

Of course when asked exactly how the second part of their policy should work I was told that the coupon can't be more than the item.

I can't believe that this company goes so far as to make up a policy and then refuse to follow it. I don't know why I even bother going in there because it is just to frustrating to shop there because they are just too clueless for words.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Swagbucks- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mom2teens

Carrot Rewards Promo Code: kerryj6770

HappyDancingDealHunter
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I've simply tried to avoid having to shop at Zellers in our area as well, due to the lack of sticking to their coupon policy. I wish their were more consistency in there stores and then I would be more compelled to shopping there. I don't like shopping and then standing waiting to check out, while crossing my fingers and toes that the transaction will go smoothly. I find it difficult that they have a policy in place but it is left to the individual cashier to interpret how it is administered when we show up with coupons.
    Last edited by happydancing; Sun, Jan 1st, 2012 at 02:14 PM. Reason: sp

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by happydancing View Post
    I've simply tried to avoid having to shop at Zellers in our area as well, due to the lack of sticking to their coupon policy. I wish their were more consistency in there stores and then I would be more compelled to shopping there. I don't like shopping and then standing waiting to check out, while crossing my fingers and toes that the transaction will go smoothly. I find it difficult that they have a policy in place but it is left to the individual cashier to interpret how it is administered when we show up with coupons.
    Yes, I do notice that it is who the cashier is.
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

I WAS TOLD yESTERDAY .. that i can not price match and use a COUPON ..
    "ITS A POLICY CHANGE" IS THIS TURE ?!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Argh, I always have problems with the one near me, too. Constantly making up stories like how they "got an email stating they can't accept printable coupons". I show them the coupon policy and "naw, email says no". I ask why and they say because of fraud coupons, but they dont know which one but they think its for the one i want to use (listerine $5). I called the 8** number and of course they know nothing. They call manager and has me talk to them which resolves nothing. What a bunch of liars at that store.

I went to use it at the one 20 minutes away and omg, looks like they never received that email *rolls eyes*. Used it just fine.

I swear some of those employees enjoy making up crap just to see us go WTF?
    Last edited by slayer_glade; Sun, Jan 1st, 2012 at 10:10 PM. Reason: Really bad autocorrect.

Bizzy B'zz
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Zellers is like this in all there policies. They have too many managers in every store. I once worked for them and the policies even for what staff are to do changes from manager to manager and day to day. So no surprise they have no clue about coupon policies the staff can only go by what the last manager that walked by decided.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

I never shop Zellers...from anything I've ever seen on this site, going there is an exercise in futility and frustration. For my money, the only good thing to come from Zellers is their flyer which I use to PM at Walmart
    My favorite F word....FREEEEEEE!!
    Wanna start earning free money? fast and easy
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Weasy71

Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ishyx0x View Post
    I WAS TOLD yESTERDAY .. that i can not price match and use a COUPON ..
    "ITS A POLICY CHANGE" IS THIS TURE ?!
    I don't know if its a change or not, but I ALWAYS pm and use coupons at my store.
    Join GROUPON for incredible deals, click here

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Honestly, I've never had a problem at my Zellers. In fact, most of the cashiers in my town seem to be really well trained to handle coupons.
    My blog is Resolving Timeline Issues
    I'm doing the Run for the Cure for my mom and my mother in law!
    I'm giving away these coupons for free! It's updated fairly regularly.

Trading Score
    287 (100%)

Haha, I am so printing this out and bringing it with me the next time I go to Zellers where I can use a coupon with overage. Not that I expect them to honour it but it would be fun to challenge them with their own policy The cashiers and managers see me coming and they cringe so it would be kind of fun and satisfying to make them all dance a little. I'm so mean sometimes but after all the grief they've put me through and all of us it will be most enjoyable!!!!!!!!! hee hee
    I have started a new venture with South Hill Designs (customizable lockets and bracelets). Check out my website to learn more
    http://www.southhilldesigns.com/ca/olganorris/default

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I always have problems at Zellers with coupons. I hate that store!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Say no to Cyber Bullying
    Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I have found them to be zero hospitable to couponers where I live.
    START THE CAR....START THE CAR!!!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

ummm when I read the policy you have listed in the link it is pretty clear and stated twice that there is no cash back and the coupon is reduced to the product selling price.
    However when I do see how it is possible to interpret that it can be applied to remainder of transaction. This is where the confusion with the cashiers is coming from

(I quoted line #2 of We Will Allow Customers to...)
    "Redeem a coupon that exceeds the current selling value (regular, sale, clearance or blue ticket price) of the item; provided that all coupons combined do not exceed the value of all items being purchased in the sales transaction. Note: if only 1 item is being purchased, and the value of the coupon exceeds the selling value of the item, the value of the coupon will be reduced to match the price of the item (before taxes). Per B2 below, cash back is not allowed."

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Poodlegirl View Post
    ummm when I read the policy you have listed in the link it is pretty clear and stated twice that there is no cash back and the coupon is reduced to the product selling price.
    However when I do see how it is possible to interpret that it can be applied to remainder of transaction. This is where the confusion with the cashiers is coming from

(I quoted line #2 of We Will Allow Customers to...)
    "Redeem a coupon that exceeds the current selling value (regular, sale, clearance or blue ticket price) of the item; provided that all coupons combined do not exceed the value of all items being purchased in the sales transaction. Note: if only 1 item is being purchased, and the value of the coupon exceeds the selling value of the item, the value of the coupon will be reduced to match the price of the item (before taxes). Per B2 below, cash back is not allowed."
    Yes, but the OP stated she was not buying one item, but had other items, too. Which is what the first part states. The second applies only when it's one item.
    Last edited by slayer_glade; Mon, Jan 2nd, 2012 at 11:41 AM.

Thread Information