User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Thread: 2018 rant away thread for pc points or coupons

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Once again, even more fun with PC Optimum, like being told I never had a particular offer despite it being shown on my bill and in my transaction history...

" Furthermore, on review of your in-store and personal offers available at the time of your transaction, we are unable to locate any valid offer for "600 points for every $3 spent on Crest/Oral B Products". Unfortunately without a valid offer we are unable to award any points for an item."

Attachment 343696
    Name:  CREST OR ORAL B OFFER TRANSACTION HISTORY.png
Views: 593
Size:  29.6 KB

So, for those who can do math (unlike the people at PC Optimum and their system)...

$48.00 (Total purchased of Crest AND Oral B products)
    DIVIDE BY $3.00 (Per $3 Offer)
    = 16 Times offer should apply
    TIMES 600Pts
    = 9,200Pts that should have been earned
    LESS 2,400Pts actually earned
    = 7,200Pts MISSING!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Wed, Aug 8th, 2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Cata like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Once again, even more fun with PC Optimum, like being told I never had a particular offer despite it being shown on my bill and in my transaction history...

" Furthermore, on review of your in-store and personal offers available at the time of your transaction, we are unable to locate any valid offer for "600 points for every $3 spent on Crest/Oral B Products". Unfortunately without a valid offer we are unable to award any points for an item."

Attachment 343696
    Name:  CREST OR ORAL B OFFER TRANSACTION HISTORY.png
Views: 593
Size:  29.6 KB

So, for those who can do math (unlike the people at PC Optimum and their system)...

$48.00 (Total purchased of Crest AND Oral B products)
    DIVIDE BY $3.00 (Per $3 Offer)
    = 16 Times offer should apply
    TIMES 600Pts
    = 9,200Pts that should have been earned
    LESS 2,400Pts actually earned
    = 7,200Pts MISSING!
    @johnb56789 this happened to me a few weeks back for a different offer and I was refused the Points also got called and my self and the customer rep was going through my receipt and I was told that the can’t seem to find the. Product on my receipt . So I created a case and attached my receipt and was given the points after an hour on the phone. I would not give up the pointslime that you deserved it you purchase the items and should be given the points. Good luck
    Newfiescreech and Ciel like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @johnb56789 this happened to me a few weeks back for a different offer and I was refused the Points also got called and my self and the customer rep was going through my receipt and I was told that the can’t seem to find the. Product on my receipt . So I created a case and attached my receipt and was given the points after an hour on the phone. I would not give up the pointslime that you deserved it you purchase the items and should be given the points. Good luck
    Oh, there is no way I am letting them win... I sent back a sorta forceful reply along with part of the receipt that shows the offer right on the bill...

Name:  PC OPTIMUM RESPONSE.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  126.2 KB

And if they still deny, I may get in contact with Julie Cazzin from Moneysense and see if she would want to report on this. I will not stop till I get those 7,200Pts.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@johnb56789 good for you hope the just give you the points
    Last edited by flemeth; Wed, Aug 8th, 2018 at 03:02 PM.
    Newfiescreech, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Oh, there is no way I am letting them win... I sent back a sorta forceful reply along with part of the receipt that shows the offer right on the bill...

Name:  PC OPTIMUM RESPONSE.jpg
Views: 506
Size:  126.2 KB

And if they still deny, I may get in contact with Julie Cazzin from Moneysense and see if she would want to report on this. I will not stop till I get those 7,200Pts.
    I love your reply

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I had a problem that CS would not solve so I wrote a snail mail to Galen Weston.
    Barbara Chaulk (I guess she's an assistant) called me to help me resolve my problems. Whenever I have a problem that can't be resolved by phone, I give her a call. I haven't called her since the merge, so don't know if the number still works.

1-877-525-4762 ext. 621862
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Got another email back form them saying they won't honor the offer and calling me essentially a liar... Now they are saying the offer is valid from August 8th to 15th (Doesn't make sense) AND for the "Crest Toothpaste" offer (I was talking about the Crest/Oral B Offer)

Name:  PC Optimum Mistake.PNG
Views: 568
Size:  50.6 KB

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

@johnb56789 when I had the same problem, going back and forth with them, I just submitted and inquiry again through the app and got my points that way the second time around. The person I was emailing back and forth before that never replied to my last message.

I feel your pain, the person you are dealing with must be going through some hard times if now they are making up things to deny you $7.20. And I hate how at the end of message they always have to give you pointers on how to check/read/understand your offers. As if we were clueless just like them

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I am ready to cut up my PC Optimum card and sent all my emails to Julie Cazzin now. I just got off the phone, or should I say hung up in a rage. I thought calling would get my problem sorted within minutes, but It just made me even angrier. I did get a small adjustment of 600Pts for some reason (I believe they did that to try to make it seem like they already awarded my 7,200Pts, since there was 6,600Pts on my card as a points adjustment, but that was for the Crest Toothpaste offer). So still 6,600Pts missing, but during my call, I was once again talked down to and told that offer do not, and have never combined despite seemingly always combining and it not saying that in offers. So I just got so mad, I hung up on the lady. I put in one final points inquiry through the website to see if that will work, if not, I am handing everything over to Julie Cazzin to see if she wants to write a piece on PC Optimum and how they do everything in their power to stop valid points from being awarded to customers.
    Newfiescreech, Ciel and 2shopmom like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I was thinking to stop using my PC Opt. card as well. I don't seem to be collecting the points per dollar spent. And multiple emails just bring back seemingly AI responses. Never had an issue before the merged cards with PC Plus. I shouldn't have to come home after grocery shopping to put in points inquiry.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Ha I love the title of this thread. I loved the Optimum program, hate the PC program. I have to complain about missing points almost every transaction. The PC program has always been this way for me. Last time I had to complain 5 time for one receipt because their own ridiculous customer service people didn't bother reading the information that they had specifically asked for. They just respond with copy/paste info that is irrelevant to the situation.

I mean if you advertise points in your flyer and you can't even get that right, why should I bother coming in? Metro and Sobeys never do that and I don't have to spend weeks chasing after them. Stress free shopping vs. full of stress
    Last edited by torontogal12; Sat, Sep 29th, 2018 at 10:01 AM.
    Tweets77, Ciel and coupon girl like this.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Attachment 346023

Not sure if the picture will come up to. But P&G has finally done it, they've changed the $2 WUB2 Crest/Oral B Coupon to essentially remove most of the free potential products that I am sure many of us get from time to time...

The coupon is no longer valid on Crest Cavity Protection (The 100ml tube that goes $1 or less), and Crest Tartar Protection (The 50ml tube that goes $1 or less), so that limits the possibilities for free.

It doesn't seem to restrict the Oral B Free Toothbrushes, so that might still be there, but I haven't printed a new coupon yet to see if the wording is different on the coupon.
    Ciel, torontogal12 and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I had missing points (3000 to be exact) from OGX shampoo/conditioner products. I had to email them but I got them pretty fast.
    barbis9, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    91 (100%)

Attachment 346023

Not sure if the picture will come up to. But P&G has finally done it, they've changed the $2 WUB2 Crest/Oral B Coupon to essentially remove most of the free potential products that I am sure many of us get from time to time...

The coupon is no longer valid on Crest Cavity Protection (The 100ml tube that goes $1 or less), and Crest Tartar Protection (The 50ml tube that goes $1 or less), so that limits the possibilities for free.

It doesn't seem to restrict the Oral B Free Toothbrushes, so that might still be there, but I haven't printed a new coupon yet to see if the wording is different on the coupon.
    I couldn't like your post, sorry! Time to check my coupons more carefully...
    Ciel and dededi like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by smileyKT View Post
    I couldn't like your post, sorry! Time to check my coupons more carefully...
    Quite alright, I know how much it really does suck for us couponers! I also just printed out one just to see if the wording on the coupon was any different from the website, and nope, it's the same it's worded there. So we can still get Oral B toothbrushes for free, and MAYBE there is one Crest toothpaste left that goes on sale for $1.00 that is not Tartar or Cavity protection. Will have to check, but this is definitely a blow to saving even more!

Checked and there should be one Crest toothpaste that goes for $1.00 that we should be able to get by with the coupon...

Crest Complete Whitening with Scope (50ml tube)

This one is normally always included in $1.00 sales and does not say anywhere that I can see that it is a Tartar Protection toothpaste
    Last edited by johnb56789; Mon, Nov 5th, 2018 at 06:00 PM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information