User Tag List

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

3 loads of laundry done and dried before th e flash rain storm.
    beefin crockpot. supper is ready.

I will get 3 more loads of laundry ready tonight to go out tomorrow... we are on time of use . so I wash at night.. hang in am.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I spent most of my morning in the ER and I wanted to leave but well it was the hurry up and wait scenario for the psychiatrist. They said 8am but i didn’t see her until 11:05am and apparently it’s all my fault everything that I do or say is my fault I love psychiatrists NOT. Meanwhile I missed my trauma counselling appointment that was scheduled for 11am I didn’t get home until 5 to 12pm. Ugh someone wants to go out later for ice cream or coffee I said yes but then realized well I don’t drink coffee and I am allergic to ice cream...so if it’s sorbet I am down but if it’s not then I don’t want any part. I had turned my AC off when I left and it’s so bloody hot outside that when I turned it back on in room temperature is a staggering 75F. Oh well now I can go to sleep as it gets cooler. Maybe I will be able to get some more sleep who knows. 6:30- 11:50am 5hrs 20mins in the ER waiting. I have been up since 2:30am on 6hours of sleep.

Now to listen to Usher and zone out!

Until there is possibly mail service around 3-5pm...to see if Chapman’s or more amazon.ca orders arrived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got my clothing in before the flash storm,daughter-in-law called as she needed a oil change and I told her since its so hot I would watch cara for the hour

then I xmas shopped on indigo site they are having a cyber sale -lot of good deals
    I got paint brushes ,thick toddler crayons playdoh paint balls for the tub ,candle for me and 3 bath hooded towels for the kids 10.00 each -started my xmas shopping for the grankids

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Worked from home today. Made eggs and toast for lunch. Cooked up chicken thighs , French fries (using up a few bags in freezer with bits in them) and green beans so DS had dinner for work. Kitchen is clean. Going to put load of laundry away now and then wrap nieces birthday gifts.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Made a couple of stops on my way to Dad's on Sunday. First I went to No Frills and ended up only getting some fruit, not the best prices but no one really had Apples or Oranges on sale and all of the fruit they had on sale they did not have in stock. So I got Apples, Oranges and Bananas. Now with that being said I only got a few and we are running out so I really should stop on my way home tonight but we will see as I am having trouble sleeping again. I really wish I could figure this out, I thought it was the heat but with the AC units now in heat is not an issue.

Looks like my run in AR is coming to an end sooner then expected. AR is looking at coming back a week early as she is going stir crazy at home which I get. Plus side to my job is I have a laptop and could be working from home. Which means I will follow up with the branches that are hiring and see where they stand and if we have anyone new coming so I can book my time with our trainees.

Hope everyone has a great day and those in Ontario enjoy the cooler weather.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning!
    Didn't water my plants last night since we got rain but will tonight. Need to find more of my tomato wires since they are growing quick. Will have to go in the shed tonight and grab them.
    Today is garbage day so had lots of recycling to put out from cleaning the garage/putting boxes out etc. There is a box of garbage that needs to be dumped into a bag so will do that tonight and put in my mothers bin since she never has much for garbage. Happy to have all my recycling bins back (had empties in them) so makes sorting so much easier.

Decided that the cleaning plan (on top of regular daily things of cooking/kitchen/laundry etc) will be to go room by room.
    Livingroom is this weeks project since it is almost done. Tonight will have DS move the last of the boxes out to the garage. Will dig out the paint to paint the patch job then tomorrow night put the curtains back up. Then dusting and washing the floors. Goal to have this all done by Sunday which should be lots of time.

Groceries- We really don't need anything. Making an effort to use up what we have - the freezers are bursting. Starting with the house freezer on bottom of fridge. Will start cooking the bits of this and that. Will feed everyone and make Tupperware containers for oldest for his work dinners.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

frugalbig mama -I am using us a lot of groceries too didn't do a big shop yet

well I took 3 large bags and a bag of books to value village today -then I got a 30% off donation card I got
    -lands end Bermuda shorts 4.99-30%=3.49 as I only wear capris so these shorts are beige and nice fitting
    -2 puzzles 1.99-30%=1.39
    -pill organizer ,new hair brush both on the cards and 1 shower gel -2.99-30%=2.09i really wanted the nice round pill organizer
    fancy cant remember the name shower gel and lotion 2.99-30%=2.09
    spent 11.81 saved 4.50 from 30% off donation card

boy it sure was busy today as its seniors day 30% off for those 60 and up -pretty crowded the change rooms were - I hate crowds
    then bought hubby and I a harveys milkshake 2.00 each all summer long

hubby called his doctor today and got in this afternoon ,so glad he called

-ordered a 50.00 petro gas card with our credit card points ,so that was nice

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    frugalbig mama -I am using us a lot of groceries too didn't do a big shop yet

well I took 3 large bags and a bag of books to value village today -then I got a 30% off donation card I got
    -lands end Bermuda shorts 4.99-30%=3.49 as I only wear capris so these shorts are beige and nice fitting
    -2 puzzles 1.99-30%=1.39
    -pill organizer ,new hair brush both on the cards and 1 shower gel -2.99-30%=2.09i really wanted the nice round pill organizer
    fancy cant remember the name shower gel and lotion 2.99-30%=2.09
    spent 11.81 saved 4.50 from 30% off donation card

boy it sure was busy today as its seniors day 30% off for those 60 and up -pretty crowded the change rooms were - I hate crowds
    then bought hubby and I a harveys milkshake 2.00 each all summer long

hubby called his doctor today and got in this afternoon ,so glad he called

-ordered a 50.00 petro gas card with our credit card points ,so that was nice
    Thanks for the reminder on the Harvey's milkshake deal. Will take DS to try one. Hopefully he likes it as much as the over $5 one at DS!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

oh Harvey's milkshakes are way better than mcdonalds ,but dairy queens are pretty tasty also

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Dinner was good. Green beans. Rice. Homemade meatballs and a few onion rings. Going to make DS chicken fried rice now.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My mom took me grocery shopping for some free groceries I also got lunch at A&W with her which I also didn’t have to pay for now I will have food until I get paid next week

Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bought more Ontario strawberries at $2.99 delicious - they melt in your mouth. My shopping cart broke thanks to Burlington transit. It's been a day of three bad things.....hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Bought more Ontario strawberries at $2.99 delicious - they melt in your mouth. My shopping cart broke thanks to Burlington transit. It's been a day of three bad things.....hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    Sorry to hear that! I got a used one off of pay it forward group on Facebook to replace the one I had broke crossing the street the wheel well had snapped in half the month earlier. Maybe that’s a possibility?

Angela273, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Vacation day today! Going to make it count! Hope to make it a productive day.
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We took the kids to the fair last night, after we were both done work for the day. It’s expensive, but we still saved some money. I saved $10 on our son’s ride bracelet by purchasing it in advance. We weren’t sure how well our twins would do on the rides, so we bought two booklets of tickets, which was still cheaper than buying them both bracelets. We also were not sure how many rides they would be big enough to go on. They did great and we plan on buying advance bracelets for all 3 children next year. I fed everyone supper at home and packed water bottles for the kids and I. We bought $13 in snacks to share at the fair, which supported a local church. It is one of their big annual fundraisers. This church and the Salvation Army a free hot supper for free 2 nights a week, during most of the year. At 9pm I was going to head home with the twins and Dh was going to stay so our son could go on more rides. In the parking lot he broke my heart when he started crying because he didn’t want us to leave. 1/2 of the fun for him was having us all there together. He decided to come home with us all together vs staying longer on the rides. He loves his brother and sister so much. He went on every ride that they went on. He went on some other things by himself and loved it. He hadn’t gone in 2ys, due to my emergency surgery last June.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 20th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Natalka, Tweets77, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information