User Tag List

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Natalka I have a forest of dill in my garden. I grow it with my peas, but there is too much and sheltering my peas. I’m thinking about harvesting and freezing some. I’ve never frozen dill before. I believe you said you bought tiny jewelry bags. Where did you buy them? I might be able to find some on Amazon.ca. I sold dill to a lady for $5 last week. She has contacted me to buy more, which I’m ok with.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our power has been out for about 2 hours. No update on Twitter just that they sent out trucks to figure out what is wrong. I had sausage and chicken defrosting so we bbq'd. Oldest DS came home from work so was able to have a bite to eat too. He is now at his friends enjoying the evening off in the pool. Tons of leftovers in the fridge and thr kitchen is clean. Now i guess i wont feel guilty relaxing and reading my book

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Natalka I have a forest of dill in my garden. I grow it with my peas, but there is too much and sheltering my peas. I’m thinking about harvesting and freezing some. I’ve never frozen dill before. I believe you said you bought tiny jewelry bags. Where did you buy them? I might be able to find some on Amazon.ca. I sold dill to a lady for $5 last week. She has contacted me to buy more, which I’m ok with.
    $ store should have them in craft section usually. Sometimes with the beads etc.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I don't recall where I got them, but for sure craft stores or even WM might have them.

I wash the dill, dry well, then pick the soft fronds off the hard stems.
    I make a little pile on a cutting board, add a bit of salt, then chop it up...

You don't have to add the salt, but I find it keeps the dill from clumping.

It's just as good as fresh to use, and is awesome to use for cooking mid-winter to get that fabulous flavour.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Lol @coupongirl white tshirts scare me, I live in fear of a spill. which is why 90% of my clothing is black
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    its cold here today, not a good looking weekend either. Thankfully I worked at home and managed to get 2 loads of laundry dried on the line. I picked up a few groceries with air miles and tonight I am doing a return to Winners.
    the garden is producing lots of lettuce and it looks like its time to start harvesting Kale. happy Friday.
    Is kale easy to grow?
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    well decided to go to shoppers as I haven't gone grocery shopping in awhile -just for bananas ,milk coffee and a few other health and beauty items got 25,040 points

plus scop on p.c orange juice =free saved 4.00

I also saved 14.00 in cpns -but now I am home -I found the lights very bright in the store so I kept my sunglasses on -lol

dear hubby is still resting his back -cant wait til he has an mri or cat scan in august to see what we are dealing with -I feel for him and I am here to help him,put his socks on hey that's what marriage is all about in sickness and health right?
    is your husband on a cancellation list for his MRI?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I have been doing ok budget wise.....McDonald's iced coffees for $1 are my go to treat. My green rebate is being processed and will be happy when the refund cheque arrives in 8-10 weeks. I was told my house will be warmer in the winter with the new attic insulation. Tomorrow I will stock up on Ontario strawberries 🙂
    Last edited by barbis9; Tue, Jun 26th, 2018 at 11:12 PM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Is kale easy to grow?
    Is so easy to grow and the plants keep producing until late fall, you just need cut of the leaves as you need them. I have two kinds this year as I am trying the red kale too,
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

thanks barbis9 I should do that -make a note to call to be put on a cancellation list

I may have a sale on my puzzles (everyone seems to buy these I sell anywhere from to 10 to 11 puzzles for 10.00) that way I al least get a bit of money back as I love doing them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Left an item outside for a pick up and I didn't realize it was going to rain :-(. The box is wet, will repost on the trash nothing website. Annoyed as the person said they were going to pick up the "free" item, that was in excellent condition before the rain.....grrrr. Major heatwave is coming to Ontario starting tomorrow, definitely will go to the community pool to cool off.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Back at work today. I really enjoyed having the past 2 days off. Will be taking many more 4 day weekends like that I think. Now a short week this week (off early on Friday too!) and then a short week next week! (I only work next Tuesday and Wednesday!)

Tonight I do laundry! Dinner will be leftovers along with salad since I plan to make the homemade dressing as soon as I get home and cook the bacon

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes so happy I just got groceries at no frills was $115.12 after coupons then used 100.00 in points -so I paid 15.12 plus got 9,000 points in personal offers -I then talked to rep as I was missing one set of points if I had taken my bill down to 110 off and it came to 5.12 I would have received my personal points offers -so I fully understand the program better

gotta love paying 15.12 for groceries and got gas for 25.00-i figured that gas may go up near Friday so best to top up the car now

-oh and sold my puzzles lady came from 42 minutes out of town as my pricing is awesome 10.00 for me -so I gave her an extra 1,000 piece puzzle that I couldn't finish as I found it way to hard -2nd puzzle in my life that I found super hard I couldn't even finish the outside as they are all same colour
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Jun 27th, 2018 at 12:52 PM.
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Yesterday was garbage day and the day of the garage sale we filled up a box with garbage from cleaning out bins. I was going to dump it in a bag for garbage day but decided to just dump it in the bin and then put the box in recycling. They took it all no problem! So happy its all gone. Next. Breaking up a toilet and put it out in the garbage bit by bit
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did two errands for me and one errand for Mom this morning. Was relatively pleased that only a drizzle was falling on my walk. From the forecast for Wednesday, I had been worried about a wall of rain all day. Seems not to be the case-will see what happens around suppertime, as I plan to attend a meeting about an upcoming survey project in our area.

Enjoyed some peach-mango tea made last night for today. Have used the last eight tea bags so I have to find other flavours to use up.

Am not sure what to say about the ongoing cleaning saga of the main floor bathroom except how is my father managing to fling body fluids into so many different low-lying nooks and crannies? I am using the spray tile cleaner for broad cleanup when it seems that lots of tiny spots are evident. I make sure to lock the door when using the spray because Mom keeps screaming at me not to use the spray. BTW, she is not feeling so well (I suspect she is picking up something from Dad by touch and her gut is telling her). I really don't need her to feel worse right now.
    SassyAshley likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread Information