User Tag List

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

OK, we could use a Question of the Day! If you could have a frozen dessert today, what would it be (flavour or dessert name)?

A container of Haagen-Daaz Rum Ginger ice cream and several ice cream cones would be a great way to enjoy the afternoon.
    lilo0003 and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Free bacon coupon available now! Another No Frills coupon.
    https://www.save.ca/nofrillscanadaday?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign =maple_leaf_bacon_coupon_en&utm_medium=client
    Ciel, lilo0003 and dededi like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I’m liking the ground beef sale at Sobeys this weekend. $2.77/lb for lean ground beef, plus bonus Air Miles offers. I called the meat department this morning and ordered $100 worth. We have absolutely no ground meat in our freezer right now. I plan on making and oven baking a lot of meatballs on Saturday. I’ll post the details of my trips, after I complete them. I’m hoping to go to Salvation Army on Saturday to get more bottoms for me. I have a bag of toiletries, toothpaste, etc. to donate to their food bank while I am there.
    Natalka, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Still have my cold, it just does not seem to want to go away although I have discovered it may not be a cold and could be what they call die-off. I have a bacterial overgrowth and have so I been working on controlling it and this might be it going back to normal levels.

Went grocery shopping last night after work. Did not need a lot so I just grabbed:
    4 x Mushrooms @0.88 plus 100 pc pts per $
    Bananas plus 100 pc pts per $
    2 x Strawberries $1.88
    2 x Hot Dog Buns $1.88

It was under $20 and we now have enough to get through the weekend. I have not checked next week sales yet so we will see what we will need next week once I do.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Woo hoo, it's payday and the start of a long weekend what's not to love about that. July brings us to 11 months with DH out of work. Surprisingly the only real impact has been the lack of vacation and any sort of travel. As well his retirement savings have stopped. Mine are still underway. We have learned we can live off far less than I imagined possible. Being frugal and having planned ahead makes this easier to manage.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF of the start of a long weekend is right!!!! So excited
    Payday here too and already disbursed it all Credit on my main credit card to cover the weekend.
    Don't need much money sitting in a beach chair in the water

Hope everyone has a fun and safe long weekend!
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

So happy it is Friday, still got this cold and just feel like I cannot sleep enough so looking forward to this weekend where my alarm won't be going off and I can just sleep and hopefully get over this cold.

Waiting to see if my bro comes in today to clear his stuff out of my office. His car went for service but it was full of stuff so his tires wouldn't fit and since I wasn't here they put all of his stuff in my office. Now I am back and cannot get to my desk so I am using Dad's.

Found yesterday the surgery my Dad was supposed to have back in April which was postponed happen on Tuesday, all is well and he is what they call the testing phase. If all is good come next Tuesday they will make the surgery permanent.

Thinking I might stop at the store on the way home as I realized the one thing we did not get was any lettuce and it would be nice to have option to make some Salads this weekend. We will see how I feel at the end of the day.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Ciel, coupon girl and dededi like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday
    I cleaned out the paper and garbage container in my van last night. I still need to vacuum the carpet and car seats, small gravel, etc. I picked a lot of dill and delivered it to my neighbour. I also picked more dill to freeze. Still lots left growing in the garden. We had a storm last night, but I don’t see any damage. Baked healthier monster cookie squares with our kids, but I was unsure about the baking time. They turned out a little dry, so I think I should have pulled the pan out a few minutes earlier. It always looks so wet when it is done baking.

Today is my last day with this Daycare family. They brought me a little present this morning. I no longer have any daycare kids on contract, therefore no income of my own. We are having the healthier monster cookie squares as morning snack today. I spent time weeding and raking another area in the front yard. The garden is very wet from last night’s storm, but I’ll probabky pick more dill and weed in the pea patch. All of my garden areas have a raised wood boarder, so I can sit on the side and reach from there.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 30th, 2018 at 09:57 AM.
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Not a frugal day for me but I could not resist a cold pop (should have waited 25min and bought a six pack at Rexall) and also bought two packs of seeds (lettuce and poppies as a container needs flowers). Am enjoying the splendor of air conditioning at the college. I may have energy to walk to a library branch later but am staying put for now. Found out that the college food court only accepts electronic forms of payment. How sad that cash handling is slowly disappearing from some retail formats but it must be a labour/time management matter as well. I don't know how adults/college students know how much to put on their college cards for expenses at the food court or campus store since payment by debit/credit card is exact and does not round up or down.

Was glad I had leftover cooked pasta and herbs from last night's supper (breakfast was ready) this morning. Have my water bottle with me. Sunscreen was on to save some skin time (will work on sloughing skin with yogurt and cornmeal this weekend) from burning as usual.

Not sure how I'll get through tomorrow and Sunday. Today has a breeze to offset some of the heat in Hamilton. That works for me!
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Many stores will remain open on Sunday July 1 but Monday July 2, most will be closed. Some grocery store locations and malls (tourist areas) will be open on Monday. Check websites to confirm prior to travelling.
    Also many government offices and agencies are closed on Monday as well.

In Hamilton, the local transit system, the HSR, will operate on the Sunday/Holiday schedule for Monday service. Be aware that some routes changed to summer frequency runs as of June 24.

Many communities have fireworks and family activities on Saturday or Sunday. Ancaster will have an event tomorrow night at the Old Town Hall while Hamilton celebrates on Sunday night at Bayfront Park.

Hamilton SCers who are parents of children who use Ontario Early Years centres-the City has a survey related to the centres on its website. Survey closes on July 31 and your input is sought.
    https://www.hamilton.ca/social-servi...tres-locations
    Last edited by Ciel; Fri, Jun 29th, 2018 at 01:42 PM.
    SassyAshley likes this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Ciel I will answer your question of yesterday today - I have been craving a Buster Bar from DQ!

Son brought over a Cyclone for me the other day. That was really refreshing, I would have it again.

Hoping everyone has a Fab long weekend!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Natalka , that treat sounds very cool and delicious! Have not been to Dairy Queen in a long time but there is a kiosk near an express bus stop (Ottawa St. on westbound run) that might need to be visited this summer!
    Natalka, Angela273 and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so hot today -uggg went to daughter-in-law as it was her birthday she turned 33 -I gave her bubble bath,foamy hand soap and money -she used the money to get her hair done and dyed

wow -cara is 7 months and crawling everywhere -must watch the floor for anything as she will find it ,then she proceeds to a standing positon but cant hold her little self up -she for sure will give me a run for the money watching her in the fall 2 days a week -she loves when I sing to her "intsy weency spider "
    -I painted with Ashlyn when cara went down and did a load of laundry for daughter-in-law

-our roof is not done as the workers said they will come back on sat (it was way to hot)but thye also told me feel free to use the dumpster in our driveway -so downstairs I went and threw out all kinds of boxes (I have hung on to them ever since I had a break in at my old house years ago)

hubby's back a tiny bit better since the may 24 th weekend -slow for sure good thing he is done the school bus as that wasn't good for his back -oh and he got about 90.00 in timmies giftcards form the kiddies
    Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last night I spent $102 dollars at Sobeys. I used $22.99 in coupons. I earned 274 Air Miles. I did not redeem any Air Miles because I was concerned that I might lose the 100AM wub $100.
    2x $1.25 Kind bar - $1 Coupon = $0.25 - packed for this week’s road trip
    $20.99 FPC Infant formula for donation
    2x $4.99 nectarines 2lb bags + 50AM wub2
    4x $2.50 Lays chips + 50AM wub4

When I got home we quickly fried up some meat for soft tacos. Then we headed out for 1.5hrs of free fun at the 2nd annual pre-Canada Day celebrations in our town. Some of the kids activities were being packed up, but it worked out well because it wasn’t very busy. Our kids had a blast on 3 different bouncy castles and no one got hurt. Then we headed outside for some free Canada Day cupcakes. Dh enjouraged the kids to run and jump through a big puddle on the concrete. They had fun, but were very wet. We gave them a bath at home and had to dry out their shoes.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Jun 30th, 2018 at 09:40 AM.
    Ciel, coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Did not manage to sleep much last night or this morning. Don't know who moved the heavy planter off the porch and onto the ground this early morning but I did hear movement. Chorus of birds at 4:30am died down an hour later. I got up after 6am to shower and start more laundry and hang other laundry outdoors. Sun at 7am felt at least 25C and thankfully a breeze began soon afterwards! Got most laundry dried and left sheets and towels up (last two loads). Did see a patch of grey sky and while rain might be nice, not before the laundry is dry!

Felt like a busy bee getting quinoa cooked with water and a can of Aylmer Accents (fire roasted diced tomatoes) this morning and also a Lipton's soup in a second pot. Was done by 8:30am including the dishwashing. Was happy to have a change from cooked pasta.

Am trying not to nod off in front of the computer-eyes are blinking...

Today-last chance to use the Walmart Live Better summer coupon to save $2 or was it $4 when you buy 2 Swiffer products (expires today). Also Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce coupon-save $1-expires today.

Bed and bath linen sales are underway already. Last chance for spring/summer clothing at the sales in stores if you need something before fall merchandise lands in stores.
    coupon girl and SassyAshley like this.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread Information