User Tag List

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I baked two rhubarb strawberry crumb pies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh had our son help him while mowing the back lawn after supper. I took the twins for a walk, almost 1km. We grabbed the mail and I picked up one can along the way. One envelope of coupons and a cheque for $24.85 from CO51. Dh took our boys to go buy the correct ball to practice throwing for track & field. Twin girl and I are hanging out in the front yard. She is picking up small sticks from the storm and throwing them in our garbage bin.

edit: I wanted to specify that our twins walked, the stroller was left at home.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 5th, 2018 at 08:58 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Garbage day! Did one load of laundry last night. Will put another on tonight and hopefully put all the clean stuff away. Need to gather stuff for a garage sale at my friends house.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! Another rainy,cold and breezy day....This morning 10 degres this afternoon 16 degres,same temperature then yesterday....we have this temperature announced until thursday....The grass,plants and flowers are happy at least.Hoping for some good deals in QC flyers this morning but I dont need to much.Wishing you all a great day!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Had the heat on in the car this morning on the way to work. Canada! What a wild place we live in

We are on the run the next 2 nights. I cooked tons of chicken on Sunday night so will make dinner quickly tonight. Maybe chicken quesideas with salad and veggies. Will figure it out once we get in the kitchen. The fridge is packed so we have lots of food and choices.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Only 6 deals interest me this week in QC flyers.Nothing extraordinary this week.I really hope to receive some Sole Mioo VIP 5,00$ coupons after calling them last week for the IGA 2 for 1 on big plate of o sole mioo
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I guess I should be happy that I stayed up until 3 AM last night doing laundry. This morning, I carried out the racks (so quick and simple over a clothesline) and decided to check on the plants. One clematis still looks poorly (the one I wanted), but the other looks well. Something has been digging viciously in the tomato garden and two plants were uprooted and strewn to the other side. I had to replant them, making me a bit late getting DD1 to school.

Simplii said they would credit me the promo bonus but that it would take a few days to show up in the account. Still no word on my government application for interest relief. The man said it could take more than nine months!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Just thinking I dont know why but when my couponning friend in same city mail me some coupons I never receive those...I Wonder if she forgot to mail those...so weird
    Giseledta, Ciel and macw1960 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweet sparrow View Post
    I guess I should be happy that I stayed up until 3 AM last night doing laundry. This morning, I carried out the racks (so quick and simple over a clothesline) and decided to check on the plants. One clematis still looks poorly (the one I wanted), but the other looks well. Something has been digging viciously in the tomato garden and two plants were uprooted and strewn to the other side. I had to replant them, making me a bit late getting DD1 to school.

Simplii said they would credit me the promo bonus but that it would take a few days to show up in the account. Still no word on my government application for interest relief. The man said it could take more than nine months!
    I do not know how you function poor girl staying up so late all the time. I would be a zombie!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

The SDM flyer for Ontario is posted but I had a hard time reading it. Apparently it has Boston Pizza Gift Cards on for 20% off. My bestie and I like going there for our girls night so I will be grabbing a few for sure. Maybe even one for DS for Christmas. Will just make sure to keep the receipt with it. I will appreciate having it already when I wrap in October. (Yes I want to wrap in October this year.... I really want to have it mostly done and wrapped by Halloween.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I played a game of ABSea with our children before breakfast this morning. Sent our son to school. He gets to go swimming again today with his entire Kindergarten class. He loved it last week.

My temporary daycare boy fell asleep on the couch again this morning, so I put him in a crib for a nap. Most days that he comes he doesn’t nap at the same time as the other children. He is only on contract until the end of June. I took the babymonitor outside with our twins. We raked up an entire 5 gallon bucket of old grass and leaves. My body was getting sore from raking and I have a bruised palm from digging weeds yesterday. Twin boy wanted to go for a walk and didn’t want to stay in our yard, so we eventually went to our fenced back yard. We received another 1/2” of rain last night, so I emptied any containers of standing water that were in our yard. Daycare boy is outside with us now, as I’m taking a break in the shade.

I’m hoping to fold last night’s load of laundry, when my twins nap this afternoon. Tonight is soccer night. I e sold 2 books of tickets and one more person has commuted to buying the 3rd book of tickets. Our son’s soccer has been cancelled the last 3 times due to bad weather. They say that if it is cancelled they will extend the soccer season further into June.

Tonight’s supper plan is leftover KPF, gravy, boiled potatoes, and boiled carrots.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jun 5th, 2018 at 04:13 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I do not know how you function poor girl staying up so late all the time. I would be a zombie!
    I never said I wasn't a zombie (*yawn*). No coffee for me either as I still pump for DD2. DH has been getting home past 8 PM this last month, so after the girls are in bed and we've both showered is all the time I have for lunch prep, tomorrow's dinner prep, and laundry. DH goes right to bed as he has a long drive to and from work. Laundry would take as much time in the dryer as it would to hang up all the laundry and leave it alone (lots of pieces in a load of baby socks!). I think I regard it the same way as when I was pushing DD1 in the stroller through a foot of snow (and more on snowbanks). There is no plan B, so I just keep going. Or maybe as Yoda says, "There is no try, there is only do."

Today, I will see if there's a good night's rest in the cards. I will have to try to make a dent in folding laundry though. At this moment, the act of folding laundry seems such a waste of time. Must ask DH where the inner bassinet of the playpen is so I can get rid of it online. Our Moses basket is going to a friend as soon as I attach all the laundered linens to it. I can't wait to have that thing gone, plus the box of baby clothes!

Oh, I saved $35 dollars the other day! I couldn't find my vehicle registration after tearing apart the house, all our recorded documents, etc. I renewed my license stickers and the girl told me to play dumb if I was ever pulled over and go home and just keep looking. Ha ha! DH couldn't believe I let myself get talked out of spending the money. Well, I happened to be cleaning the left rear car door and it was pushed down in the holder. I had magazines there to amuse DD1. Now it's in the glove compartment and stickered with the proper stickers.

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think I've given up on the cloth diapers though after the hectic schedule at my full-time work. That is one area that I could be doing better at and I wish I had time for. I feel guilty about all that landfill I'm creating for the next generation. I'm looking forward to having DD2 toilet trained by the end of the year or early next!

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information