User Tag List

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

SS-you can't do it all so take care of yourself and enjoy using disposables now-you have done your bit for the environment!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

popped out to the mall today returned an item 11 something ,then bought 2 really great gap clothing for the grandkids paid 7.11 after mystery card of 5.00 and 10% off promo on bottom of bill -got Sebastian a top as I felt bad that the one I bought him for easter was only wore once -I couldn't get it over his head when I was babysitting him and baby cara shorts for 2 something awesome deals
    Ashlyn I got her a top in Disney store -vamperina one of her favourite in a top 10.99 -gonna give it to her for passing end of summer

then got a few deals in fortinos -couldn't find my optium card so I had to call and talk to them to get my points -then founf my card in my purse in my coupon envelope not its usual spot

supper tonight fresh bread toasted with peameal bacon and eggs -easy peasy

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Had the heat on in the car this morning on the way to work. Canada! What a wild place we live in

We are on the run the next 2 nights. I cooked tons of chicken on Sunday night so will make dinner quickly tonight. Maybe chicken quesideas with salad and veggies. Will figure it out once we get in the kitchen. The fridge is packed so we have lots of food and choices.
    That is why I love my heated seats, especially on cool mornings. Where did the heat go?
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was at the hospital just under 2 hours and parking was $14 annoying.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Trip to Mississauga was fun if a siphon for funds. Got a pair of pants (not the ones I expected but I had a 30% off coupon for regular priced merchandise and that is what I bought). Loblaws had $1 and $1.25 protein bars and I promptly ate two right outside of the store after a leisurely look around the store (no coupons on the board between the entrances except $5 off a Nicorette product).
    Managed to visit Dixie Outlet Mall and Square One and the main library. Love the Transitway express bus routes!
    Simons-seems there is no more Eve cafe on the upper level of their Square One store? The mall has a Eva's Chimney Cakes/Squish/Japanese Cheesecake pop-up store right outside of Simons. Saw a few casual and sleepwear items on sale that were of interest but I had no real shopping money by then (under $2). Would love a spree at Simons!

Feeling a tad tired and look forward to tea and toast soon. Will post coupons and a contest tomorrow.

Have a great night, Smart Canucks!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! Already the middle of the week!!!! Another rainy,cold and breezy day for a change,currently 10 degres this afternoon 16 degrees,A stay Inside day...perfect for baking today or tomorrow my fruits salad pudding!!!! Wishing you all an awesome day!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    That is why I love my heated seats, especially on cool mornings. Where did the heat go?
    The heated seats is what makes 5am hockey prac. do-able lol
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS had his Tuesday night sports and we didn't get home till around 930pm. While he was in the shower I made his bed with fresh bedding and put away all the clean laundry. Then I put a load in the wash and put it in the dryer when it was done.
    Tonight we go suit shopping for grad. Will stop at Costco too.
    I have an hour massage this afternoon. I can't wait! Tried out a new person last week and she is fantastic! (was a free Gift Certificate my sister won and gave me)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Fruits salad pudding is ready smell so good so I will have that for breakfest.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh took our son to soccer last night. They stopped at Tim’s for a quick treat on their way home. Ds got a free white milk (soccer sponsorship) and Dh bought him a cookie. When they finally returned I went shopping at Sobeys. I had a long list, but still managed to forget a couple things.

Sobeys $5.06oop, $110 in Air Miles, $15.40 for 10% off Tuesday, $26 in coupons, earned 16AM. The receipt says I saved $42.22 in discounts and specials, plus my coupon savings = 38% savings. I was happily surprised to find some things on sale that were ion my list, but didn’t notice in their flyer, especially Daycare snacks. I wanted to redeem a rain check for $1.99/lb hams, but they still haven’t been able to get them back in stock. The guy at the meat department was grumpy and told me he gets asked for it 20 times a day. I wanted to roast a ham today, but clearly that won’t be happening.

Tonight’s supper plan is chicken and mushroom Alfredo with speghittini and fresh sliced cucumber.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 6th, 2018 at 11:56 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Somehow this day is cooler than yesterday with less sunshine. I'm struggling to believe that the day will reach 24C later!

Tea and toast last night really hit the cravings I had when I got home. Managed to spend 2h reading my paperback book (used book sale find for 25cents) before bed (cue sleepy eyes this morning).

I managed to do a quick visit to the Habitat for Humanity Restore on Dixie Road (Mississauga) while waiting for a connecting bus. I thought donations were supposed to be 5 year old or newer-I saw a washing machine that had to be early 1980s given the style and the grey metal drum with white flecks inside. Saw dining room tables from various decades including a small kitchen table in the style but different colour from the one I recall from the 1970s in our house(theirs was priced for $20 sale!). I think I need to see what is at the Hamilton ReStore and a secondhand appliance shop before I research new appliances (yes they seem very high in price (did a look at one store already) and I want something smaller so it can get in through the door without any door hardware removal if possible. I'll miss the ability to spin out handwashing unless I find out otherwise. Simplicity and ease of use matter most given Mom and I have do the bulk of the laundry.

Read in the Hamilton Spectator that drivers will no longer be given 72h to show their insurance papers to police. That policy ended yesterday, so beware residents and visitors! https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/communi...r-grace-period

Value Village will have a 50% off clothing, accessories and bed and bath sale. Super Savers get the sale on Sunday June 10 and the public can get the sale on Monday June 11.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    So it does look like I was coming down with something, was not well yesterday but still had to work as I am covering AR (not a job I can do from home). Good news was during working hours I was mostly just in discomfort from not being well. Was so tired last night I went to bed at 7:30 and slept through the night. Feeling much better today although still a little sore but nothing like yesterday. Yesterday I was having issues focusing due to the pain.

Mom did the grocery shopping alone yesterday. I know I saw:
    Cauliflower
    Strawberries
    Tortillas
    Ground Beef
    Bananas
    Mango
    I am sure there is more I just did not see

Mom forgot Milk and used the last of Mushrooms last night so tonight or tomorrow I will stop on the way home and grab these 2 items.

Decided last night we will use one package of ground beef to make more Burger Patties as we are almost out. Not sure what the plan is for the rest yet.

Not much else going on other then so far even with me working out of town we have avoided take out which makes me happy. Although I will admit it has been tempting with how I have been feeling but so far quick and easy meals have won out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It looks like Pamper 16ct box of wipes will be on sale next week for $19.97. I have the receipt and an unopened box of these wipes, so I plan on taking it to customer service to get my $5 refund. Our little girl is doing ok with potty training. I will wait for now, but I’ll probably be able to return some Pampers Pull-Ups for a full refund for the ones I bought in May. She needs to work on being more independent, but she will often go when I get her to sit on the potty. Sometimes she asks for help, which is a good thing. Twin boy is basically potty trained. It is very rare for him to have an accident. They both wear a pull-up for nap and a diaper for night time. They are dry about 60% of the time when they wake up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 6th, 2018 at 01:29 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information