User Tag List

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!! TGIF yesterday!!! I did not post yesterday because I was sick.The suicide of Anthony Bourdain,before Kate Spade and before Avincii.....really hurting my heart because It reminded me the suicide of my brother 4 and a half year ago..... So I spend the day vomiting and crying and sleeping on the couch...I hope I will feel better today,will eat some soda cracker and 7 up ,that all my stomach could eat.Also I got a problem with trading,I made 40 trades in here and 30 in french,and the olymel girl said she did not received my coupons and want me to resend the olymel coupons,no way because I already spend those...Anne is behind me so no worry but it is just annoying that post canada had lost 40$ in fpc I traded so hard good coupons for obtain those....very pissed.....I am just watching now my favorite show ''Joséphine Ange Gardien'' and will take a nap after...Wishing everyone an awesome day !!! Sunny and bright i will be 20 degres today.
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 1 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

-ahhh so sorry cath -rest up its hard when all this triggers such sad feelings in you ,mental health needs to be taken serious I have 2 family members in my immediate family that deal with mental health

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

got a free gift bag at shoppers today -as they had a grand celebration (because we now have fruits,veggies ,meat ,salads ,romaine etc) so the bag was full of goodies pkg of fresh marketplace cookies ,avocado ,peppers ,small mini potatoes ,peppers,mango, bananas,apples orange -I feel the bag was worth $20-25.00

I redeemed 80,000 and got 105.00 worth of groceries /health and beauty and meat -I paid 3.30 but after checkout51 I paid $1.05 gotta love that price

-gonna have baked potatoes and homemade burgers today ,coleslaw
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jun 9th, 2018 at 03:34 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is kids day at the Farmer’s Market. Our kids each got a free cookie, juice box, and name entered in a draw to win a gift certificate to the Farmer’s Market. The Girl Guides were selling cookies and doing free face painting. I stopped to ask about chives or green onions at a booty, since I have known for years. She did not have Amy, but her friend said she wanted to get rid of some and none of her family wanted it. So I met her at her house and brought home a large clump of flowering chive plants. I haven’t seen any sprouts from the green onion and chive seeds that I planted this spring. The lady said she had other plants to give away, but she was also looking for raspberry bushes because some of hers had died off. I told her about our local garage sale Facebook groups where she could post about these things. She invited me to come back for more if these plants don’t make it. Dollarama is in the same parking lot as the Farmer’s Market, so I picked up my large bottle of liquid hand soap for $2.20 - 50c Caddle rebate for Dollarama purchase. We stopped at a garage sale on the way home. I picked up a bag of about 10 early reader books for $1. Talk about a frugal morning.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Small brag :
    Maxi(QC):
    Oka Lartisan cheese x3 @7$ minus 3 x 5$ coupons( I hope to trade for more,what an awesome coupon) minus pc personnal offer of 1500 on each(2 différents offers)=0,50$ per cheese!
    Axe Body Wash x3 at 3$ minus 1$ coupon-=2$ each
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

here is a sort of frugal purchase my daughter made -she bought a pass for her and hubby for the Toronto zoo for the year as its only a 30 minute drive for them and Sebastian is under 3 so he is free ,so if they go 3 times the pass pays for itself (Sebastian loves animals too)plus they have a small water area for the kiddies so she can go for an afternoon after his nap if they wish

I remember when my kids were little we bought a parks Canada pass and went to christies conservation area almost every weekend that summer cost was about 60.00 back then if I recall
    Last edited by coupon girl; Sat, Jun 9th, 2018 at 03:39 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I used to live in jasper national park many years ago and basically got a free parks pass for my parents when they were here for extended amount of time due to their car breaking down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Not a lot going on here today which makes me happy. I really wanted a laid back day.

Last night we went out to dinner, a few weeks ago when I said I wanted to go out and be served we did not go and I cooked so last night since we carpooled to work and Mom worked 7 am to 6 pm and I worked 7:15 to 4 I decided we would should go out to eat. Turned out to not be the best experience. We went to East Side Mario's and at first everything was fine we were told there was a wait list but only be 10 minutes (that was fine) we got seated within 10 minutes and then everything went downhill. We were seated near to Kitchen and quickly noticed not a lot of food was coming out and they were really pushing bread and salad on ALL tables even those who said their meals did not qualify. We ordered an appetizer which took awhile to come out, we ate them and noticed since we finished our appetizer it was over half an hour and we did not have our meals and noticed many tables around us complaining. Then we overheard a table who was there before us being told the kitchen was not giving ETA on meals and to please be patient. They were then told there 2 tables in front of them and then they would start their meals. I asked for our bill and decided we would come up with plan B as we had not been waiting about an hour and it was after 7 pm at this point. Our meals came out 2 minutes later. In the end the manager comped everyone in restaurants bill by 50%, they stopped seating somewhere between 6:30 and 7 and when we left just before 8 they were seating again but only if you were on the wait list if not you were being turned away.

Well I waited for Mom to get off work I did some yarn shopping. All the yarn I got was on sale for $2 normally $6 plus I got Mom's employee discount. So I got about $125 worth of yarn for just under $50. I plan on starting a new project today.

Tonight's dinner will be Steak, Sauteed Mushroom & Onion, Roasted Potatoes or Wedges and maybe another veggie. Just waiting to see if we are cooking inside or on the BBQ.

Hope everyone has a great day
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

greentires4me

I baked two rhubarb strawberry crumb pies

could you share the recipie??? pretty please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I need to spend some time and come up with a menu plan. I have a full freezer... and a full pantry..
    Well the freezer has a tiny bit of space.. I am going to do a tiny stock up on chicken wings... I love them so . ....

I am hoping to spend a bit of time tomorrow gardening the veggie garden. the heat.. then the rain... = Gisele needs to weed.

my youngest turned 16 this week..... she is having friends over tomorrow evening... I expect there will be leftovers.... I am pretty sure the list she gave me for snacks was... too much...

if anyone has any ideas for stewing beef... feel free to post....
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Dh called in to the local radio station this afternoon and had the correct answer to their trivia question. He was allowed to pick his prize and brought home a free box of DQ dilly bars. Nice on this hot weekend.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sweet prize!!!!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Giseledta

I found the recipe on all recipes.com then I didn’t have enough pie dough for one so I put a crumble like mixture on top. Next time if I do it I think I will stew the rhubarb on the stove for awhile.

Stewing beef well you could do beef stroganoff or stew or stir fry or grill them then bake them in the oven to get them tender. So many options with stewing beef most of those things you could make in the slow cooker if you have one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information