User Tag List

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

IGA:olymel sausage amore @4,47$-1,00$ (peelie hope to trade for more)=3,47$
    Maxi only need a few things:
    2 o sole mioo lasagna sorento @2,00$ minus 1,00$ peelies x2=1,00$ each(did not have any 2$ peelies left so I hope to trade for more)
    2 x Cavendish patatoes wedges bags@2,00$ minus 2x 1,00$ coupons=1,00$ each bag
    Uncle Bens bistro express rice minus fpcs=free(my last coupon I will miss this coupon)
    Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 2 others like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta, Ciel, macw1960 and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent the day posting to FB. Younger sons room is getting painted this week and he is keen to make some cash. I am happy to see him get rid of stuff as he can be a bit of a hoarder. I intended to use AM to get groceries today so was rather annoyed when the system was off line. I have quite a lot and I never like to keep the points to high for fear of fraud.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Put $35 in loonies in my hockey fund envelope. Spent $53 at shoppers and received over 19,000 pc pts. Spent $36 at RCSS. 8 Dove Men products using $1.50 off coupons and received bonus PC pts. Spent $25 at Food Basics. Bought Fathers day and birthday cards too. Happy with my deals today.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My guts have been bothering me since Friday. Some other family members are also having symptoms. I decided to stay close to home with our twins today. I’ve been having some late nights, so I was greatful for my afternoon nap. We used a coupon and picked up KFC for supper.

I was sorting through my Sobeys rainchecks and found 3 with errors on them. I guess I have to be more careful to double check the rain checks before leaving the store, otherwise it won’t be as good of a deal or I might not be able to use the rain check. I’m a little frustrated with myself because I got 2 Bogo Whiskas coupinsfrom a contest and now I can’t find them. I know that they expire soon and I’d like to make use of them for our 2 cats.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I had a renal ultrasound yesterday afternoon after I picked up some sweet deals at shoppers and no frills and earned 240pts in total.

I am going to bake a rhubarb and strawberry pie that’s the hope at least for today or tomorrow we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good morning everyone!!!! It is a rainy cold and windy day,Only 10 degres this morning and 16 degres this afternoon.What a change weather can make.I will try to find more pets compagnies to writhe because I dont have any pets coupons left,I have now coupons just for my personnal use not for trading... And hoping to start to class my familly pictures,I will buy albums at dollorama this week for that,I am hoping I will have place to store the albums.No unit shelves here Wishing everyone an awesome monday!!!
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    If you have a shirt in your closet (or DH's closet that he does not wear), that is the no-money option. Or visit a thrift store or dollar store--but that takes up time.
    What about a white tote bag? If you have one in the house, that might be the next best substitute.
    Maybe the daycare staff want easy and colourful stuff but won't bring in a sewing instructor to show kids how to make an easy project to sew?
    I do have a shirt in the closet and DH has quite a few, but tie dye would guarantee that we never wear them again. I went through DD1's clothes that were passed on to her, and she has at least three tie dye shirts already, one that she did herself at a birthday party. She likes the activity of tie dying, but won't actually wear the shirt. I found a Walmart branded one, but it seems too pretty to tie dye. Tie dye seems to be the fastest way to ruin a good shirt. I've never seen anyone actually wearing these shirts after the event, and somehow black turns into the predominant colour and makes a horrid looking mess. Or so it went at the last tie dye party.
    Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    The peonies that I cut down and sprayed with a fungicide last fall have returned, very healthy and lots of buds are coming up. Popped into Food Basics yesterday and used an email bogo free coupon on donuts. Found the Kisko freebies that my bf loves, oranges, Siberian Iris bulbs on sale, etc. Watched Red Sparrow last night and had cherries as a snack (on sale at Food Basics).
    Congratulations at @barbis9 on the peonies! I think the peonies that I relocated from my mother's gravel driveway have finally forgiven me for moving them. They had asked for a gravel driveway, but the company put the stones almost to the wall and buried many of her plants. She was quite upset, but I managed to save several lilies of the valley and all the peonies. The peonies were difficult for about four years and grew very spindly afterwards, but this year has been their best yet. I think there will be so many blooms, they'll have to come indoors! The lilies are making a bit of a nuisance of themselves and are coming up through the walkway stones.

I made a special trip to RCSS on Thursday. I was glad I wasn't able to go to the week before when they had their 5,000 points WUS $25. The $19 clematis I had my eye on was included in the $8 sale this week, along with the $12 clematis. Unfortunately, all the red ones were almost dead, so I bought a purple one in case the red didn't survive. I had buyer's remorse about it all the way to the car and all the way home. It bothers me when I buy more than I wanted, especially when the garden centre cashier said there was a one-year guarantee on plants. Unfortunately, he told me after I bought it. At least it was on sale.

The Peace rose is showing some signs of life and has survived the winter, and I was able to get eight tomato plants into the ground. The blackberry bush is doing amazingly well and the strawberry patch is looking promising. I'm sure the squirrels will be at them soon. I see one red one already! I'm thinking of getting a raspberry bush this year, but I'm undecided about the thorns and all the ball playing by the girls in our postage stamp back yard.

Speaking of postage stamps, Canada Post left a mail card on my door last week. What they didn't leave was if the address was East or West, which both exist! Of course it had to be on one of those roads with a center patch of grass, so if you pass it, you can't turn until you've passed it by a long shot. Google maps suggested a U-turn. Not funny, google!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I didn't receive my $5 Simplii Financial promotion for using my debit card in April. It was supposed to show by May 31, so if you haven't received it and have the promotional email, plus dates of your transactions, you can call in to have it added to your account. I saved my receipts like as with the Air Miles promotion. I feel as though I need to make a list of things I'm expecting in the mail so I don't forget.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 5 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ugh is this day over yet? I should have taken today off. It's going to be a long day. Will take my lunch a little later to hopefully make the afternoon go by faster.

Going home to make a quick lunch since I didn't bring anything. No coffee today either which I will be ok with after a few days. I did it for 3 months in the fall and felt much better.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday-made sure to eat the last of the spring salad mix which was about ready to hit the green bin but I salvaged it and added dressing. After watching Black Panther (worth the time viewing-even Mom watched and she's not a sci-fi fan), the topic of getting something sweet from a store arose. I remembered I received a 50% off coupon for a 5" Longos cake (must be TYR member) so Mom told me her top 2 flavour picks. Should consider myself lucky that the one cake on the shelf yesterday afternoon was the lemoncello cake she wanted! Had tea with the cake and yes, I do love cakes from Longo's! With paper and money at hand, I tried to figure out how much $ to take on my trip tomorrow (a list will be in my hand and I'll take water and snacks so Taco Bell or Harveys don't lure me into their food areas). I'll be lucky to find pants for under $50 and with today's searching on store sites, Simon's may actually have a better pair of pants but before tax, they cost $89. The one pair that would almost fit my budget are a cotton/linen cargo pant in stone that won't go with most of tops or a higher $69 cotton pair in navy that would go with most tops (again, that budget wall) at Long Tall Sally. Guess most of the trip will be walk and see but not buy (trying will be done for fit because that is so unpredictable). Have to come home with one new pair of pants!

This morning, some necessary laundry had to be washed using a wringer washer but I don't know how to run the rollers (tonight's lesson) so my hands got a workout squeezing out water. Hung some laundry outdoors to dry and some laundry went into the dryer.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

had a good day one load of laundry hung outside

Then at 1.pm went to visit a smart canuck friend and we chatted and shared a few cpns with each other

Supper just pasta and bread
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

With this crappy weather I took a big nap.Chatted with beloved brother best friend this morning on Facebook who is now my friend...make me happy and sad at the same time.I am not expecting mail this week because I did not make any trades(no coupons) I am down to my 2 last fabric softener and laundry soap so I will have to find a deal without coupons.
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Jun 4th, 2018 at 05:45 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My younger sister officially convocated from university this morning with a bachelors degree in chemical engineering!

It’s been a productive day and it’s not over yet. One load of laundry is done, one more needs to be done today. Extra laundry while potty training twin girl. Dishes have been hand washed more than once today. We spent the morning in the back yard and I dug lots of weeds. Dh mowed the front lawn yesterday. The back yard should be dry enough to mow tonight. This afternoon our son helped me bake one of his favourite square recipes. My 3rd attempt at buns are nearly ready for the oven. I’m baking them in muffin tins this time, like one of my grandmas. I made 3 dozen buns and I think they are rising nicely. I have a small pork roast in the oven with onion. We are currently in the back yard, letting the kids play before supper. I’m still waiting for my Daycare kid to be picked up.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 4th, 2018 at 07:13 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information