User Tag List

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning-lilo my son didn't graduate at 18 either he went an extra 6 months and people said back then -ohhh he wont go to college but he did when he was ready the following year later and love how you stated -he is a decent human being and that is so true that counts for a lot -my dear son was an ideal teenager (my dear daughter wasn't-lol-but she is a super wonderfull woman now juggling a career and a 20 month old ,plus working on their marriage )

-gonna hang clothing today ,may pop over to shoppers senior day

-thinking of you angela -life is hard sometimes

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Well the storm swept through yesterday and it was so windy all evening but no damage to our place thankfully. We didn't go pick up the suit last night because I heard on the radio there were many power outages etc so I didn't want to make the trip for nothing. We will go tonight.

Last night was a lazy night. Only thing that got done was the kitchen cleaned (I can't stand a messy kitchen)

Tonight after getting the suit laundry will be worked on and packing for tomorrow night. Garbage and recycling will be put out too just to keep the house clean. Tomatoes and peppers were watered by the rain yesterday so will water tonight before bed. They are growing so quickly!
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Raccoons have been annoying us with nightly forays into the green bin last week and this week, they must have been around one morning as sibling pitched plastic slippers near one tree when he headed out. I am making a point to add some vinegar to the small bags from the house before taking them out to the green cart. If vinegar deters ants, why not see if vinegar offends raccoons too?

Yesterday, the rain was on for about 20 minutes then it was just plain windy and somewhat cooler! Perfect for drying evening laundry mostly or almost dry! I was watching the 5pm City TV news and there was some segment about damage near Howard and Bleecker in Toronto. I may have seen one fallen tree limb in our area--most trees dropped small twigs with leaves.

I ate more pasta salad and crostini last night and frozen mango. Brain screamed for pop so off to Longos I went for $3.99 Fanta grape soda (there goes my no-spend until Sat. plan). Found a McCafe sticker and 3 beer cans (and noticed the strong winds pushing birds in flight sideways and backwards). What I failed to remember is that in warm weather, small ants may be inside cans. I realized this key detail when I saw one small ant amble near me in my room late last night. Cue water bottle and Vim cleanser tipped into interior of bag holding cans. Have to remember to rinse the cans if I keep them overnight or find a water puddle and shake cans over it or dip cans into it.

I was unable to spot any World Cup action (it was after 8am this morning) so can any early bird tv viewers tell me if the action is on cable channels only?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I have to check on my tomatoes. I know the blackberries are not out yet as the bush is still flowering, but the strawberry patch is completely bare from the squirrels and the bunnies. Anything left is chewed to bits. Who says growing your own saves money? Humbug!

@Ciel: They still sell grape soda? Oh my, I haven't had that in such a long time. If I haven't been eating so poorly lately I'd consider it.

I see World Cup flags everywhere!

I stepped out for gas last night at 1:30 AM to get gas at 123.9. As it turned out, all 12 gas bays were packed and there were line ups. I set the credit card for a $50 fill up when I was a bit less than half a tank and I should have pressed the next highest amount. It went all the way to $50 and no click. I can't believe how much gas is now. Oh, I wish I could walk everywhere, or that it was perfectly safe nowadays to do so.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just checked put Gasbuddy.com to see what the prices were for the areas I will be in the next few days.

Home 128.6
    Tonight 130.6
    Tomorrow 123.6 (and then Costco should be about 4 cents cheaper so this is where I will top up on my way home!)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just popped out to seniors day at shoppers spent 53 before tax so I got an extra 10,000 points for being a senior (mind you in the whole order I was missing a few points in the total equation 660 so I called and she agreed ) gee so glad I always check my bill

got gas it was 130.,yes the money doesnt go as far anymore for gas (thank goodness we share 1 car)but we like to have a full tank when we are travelling to Toronto or even a bit over half

hubby's back is still bothering him-he told me he will go to the doctors when he is done the school run -I think he has 11 more days ,he may need new xrays who knows ,I am helping him around the house as much as I can garbage ,cutting lawn etc

also went to bulk barn and used my 3.00 cpn -yumm cashews and Swedish berries ,trail mix and bird seed for my feeder

hung 2 loads today -one dried in no time
    on a frugal note just painted my toe nails a lovely deep grey shade
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Enjoyed my lunch break at the park with my book. It's my new quiet time and I really enjoy it.
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I hear what everyone is saying about gas prices. I was getting excited here in St.Kitts, gas seemed like it was gonna go down a bit (Was 1.269 yesterday), but shot back up to 1.349 today. Good thing I don't need gas yet, hopefully it'll go back down, or I'll get it when I head home this weekend (1.269 in a nearby town). I ALWAYS fill-up at Canadian Tire! Combine the cheap GCs, with $0.02/L survey coupon and weekly CT money amounts (This coming flyer it'll be $0.035/L, not bad, but not great).
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    I just checked put Gasbuddy.com to see what the prices were for the areas I will be in the next few days.

Home 128.6
    Tonight 130.6
    Tomorrow 123.6 (and then Costco should be about 4 cents cheaper so this is where I will top up on my way home!)
    Our gas prices around here just dropped to $132.9 in most places. Some are still at $143.9
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It’s price gouging out here 154.9$/L for gas at least last night it was I haven’t been out yet to tell you how much it is. I have a doctors appointment and I am being picked up in 40mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good bye Thursday bring on Friday!!!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We had been under an extreme storm watch with a possibility of tornados. We spent time in the yard this morning before the weather got worse. At about 3:45 my phone’s emergency alert went off for the tornado. The tornado advisory lasted for about 45min. We spent this entire time camped out in our windowless bathroom. I brought a few favourite toys, bowls for dry snacks, water bottles, a couple blankets, my old phone, and my regular phone. Tornado camping was a first for our children and a first for my Daycare. The power went out within 5 min of the alert and the power still isn’t back 4hrs later. We used my old phone’s flashlight in the bathroom while waiting for the tornado warning to pass. I’ve left that phone in the bathroom to use as needed.

edit: Dh stayed safe at work, but his work vehicle will need to be repaired due to hail damage. Dh told me that our friend’s house in a neighbouring community has smashed windows due to toonie sized hail. This house is currently up for sale...up side is that insurance should cover their repairs. The power outage is wide spread, about 1hr in every direction...with no expected time of repair. Pictures on Facebook show damage at our local power plants. Someone posted this pic of a snowplow outside of town. Our house and yard/garden seem to be fine.

8pm Dh is going to hook up our generator to plug in the fridge and freezer. We bought the generator a while ago and have lent it out in an emergency, but have yet to have to use it for ourselves.

Name:  6F488D9C-D282-4419-B056-ADC72D8D821A.jpeg
Views: 148
Size:  58.5 KB
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Jun 14th, 2018 at 10:01 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Gas on the way out was 145.9$ on the way home it was 143.9$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

so good to hear your family and yourself are safe angela -wow take care

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Angela, glad all is ok, sure thought of you when I heard the warning.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information