User Tag List

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Oh this week is over which makes me happy, it was a good week but insanely busy. We had 3 staff members leave this week for various reasons so time to review the training plans and get prepared for that.

Our new controller is in place, finished his second week and my old boss is talking about making this coming week his last.

We had both of his retirement dinner this week, both were great. The first one was a little more intimate there were only 6 of us and we went to a small local restaurant, the food was amazing and oh the desserts were beyond. I had Creme Brulee and it was one of the best vanilla custards I have ever had. I also enjoyed since it was a smaller restaurant we could talk and it was more relaxed.

Last night was a larger group there were 13 of us and we went to the Keg. The food was great as always but it was extremely loud so it was more smaller groups talking vs the whole table. It was also extremely hard when it came to the speeches we were struggling to hear what was being said. My end of the table missed a part of what my Dad said so I will ask him tomorrow and pass the info onto them.

Today I have laundry going and think I will also wash the pillows. I am so hard on pillows, I always miss shape them and I find washing them re shape them.

I also need to come up with a dessert for tomorrow using what I have on hand and does not need the oven. This could get interesting.

Kind of hoping the rain does not come so I can BBQ dinner tonight, if not my options are very limited. Air Conditioning would be awesome as I hate being hot but I really hate how not having it hampers our ability to cook, I feel so restricted on my cooking especially when rain is possible.

Well time to find some lunch and get back at it. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Happy Father’s Day!

On Friday I spent the morning outside with our twins while my daycare kid napped. I can’t find my gardening gloves, so I’ll need to buy a new pair. I still did some yard work. Dh doesn’t bag when he mowed the lawn, so I’m slowly taking up dry grass because there is simply too much of it. Our twins were racing me to clean up my piles as I raked. They did a good job putting it in the 5 gallon bucket. I also pulled some weeds.

I’ve been in contact with two different potential Daycare families this week. No new signed contracts yet.

It turned out that the ER doctor was wrong, so I was at our 2hr walk-in clinic Saturday morning for a sick child. We only have a regular walk-in clinic for 2hrs on Saturday mornings. Received prescription antibiotics.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Happy Father's Day

Not much going on here. I never came up with a dessert and thinking I might just pick something up on my way.

So far it doesn't seem as hot as they were calling for which is nice. Will probably set up the AC units before I head to Dad's.

Also thinking I might stop on the way and do some shopping. I have started to notice I am starting to not feel the best again and I think it is my eating. When I get busy at work I find it very easy to skip eating, before I know it, it is lunch and never had breakfast. I find my body works best if I eat multiple times a day but smaller amounts. I was feeling my best when I was travelling and kept tons of fruit on hand and would snack on that all day. I even found that by doing this my meals were quite a bit smaller, I wouldn't eat lunch and still be hungry. So I am thinking I need to go and do some fruit shopping and get back to my snacking and smaller meals.

Hope every one has a fabulous day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela - hope your sick little one gets better soon. and you find some new families. hugs.
    Sassy - i do the same. and iron... I need to take iron pills. or I get cranky. very cranky.

insane busy week. and today is already very hot. I have my list.. and a menu plan for the week. so all should be good. 2 youngest start exams on thursday. so that will be nice.

I am off on vacation in 2 weeks. I have so much to catch up on. but I would really like to do something with my kids. sigh. its hard when they are older.....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

comingback to add....

making for the week to combat heat....

pasta salad..... potato salad ( with sharp cheadar... and bacon...) and coucous salad. as well as deviled eggs.

m- beef dip sandwiches....
    chicken chimichangas..
    pitas.. with leftover beef dip... assorted veggies... and salads...
    hotdogs, salads...
    sloppy joes
    pulled pork ....

whats on everyone elses plate for the week....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Steak etc tonight and that is as far as I have planned-so you are way ahead of me!! DD finished job one as a kindergarten/preschool teaching assistant yesterday and received a gift card from one of the little's which was very sweet.So the original 5 day offer turned into 5 weeks and as well they have asked her to proctor the Grade 6 provinical exams this week, so a few extra hrs. She will also help me with childcare for the next week and then I am taking a break. I have been oogling the workaway.info site for volunteer work opportunities. In fact I joined the site yesterday for $36 US so I can apply to some. I think it is targeted to younger people but I am adventurous and young at heart. So if any of you have travelling children or are armchair travellers yourself, it is great fun to look at all the volunteer possibilities.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    Steak etc tonight and that is as far as I have planned-so you are way ahead of me!! DD finished job one as a kindergarten/preschool teaching assistant yesterday and received a gift card from one of the little's which was very sweet.So the original 5 day offer turned into 5 weeks and as well they have asked her to proctor the Grade 6 provinical exams this week, so a few extra hrs. She will also help me with childcare for the next week and then I am taking a break. I have been oogling the workaway.info site for volunteer work opportunities. In fact I joined the site yesterday for $36 US so I can apply to some. I think it is targeted to younger people but I am adventurous and young at heart. So if any of you have travelling children or are armchair travellers yourself, it is great fun to look at all the volunteer possibilities.
    you did a great job raising your daughter
    others are seeing it too, so that's why her short term contract was extended
    she has a bright future ahead

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Last edited by Shwa Girl; Sun, Jun 17th, 2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

This is the post I wrote on Facebook to honour my dad today: “Happy father’s day! It’s been 3 years, Even if you may be in heaven I miss you everyday. Some days are easier but that doesn’t take the pain away. There are moments I can feel you as I sit here writing about my day, and time is told when you are here watching over our shoulders with me and Amy who long to see you. You’re are our daddy and will always be tucked in our hearts right along with all the others who have passed before you. So to this I honour you right along side my sister our dying love for you will never be passed along without u present as we gradually make our way through life. Thank you for being our daddy!”

I made grilled cheese for lunch for me and someone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

we had a wonderfull day at my son's bbq chicken breasts ,baked potatoes, corn on the cob ,corn bread and I brought the corn and gourmet cupcakes
    the kiddies played in the pool for a bit -Sebastian and Ashlyn but it was soooo hot we didn't stay out long as I was leaving I saw my son sitting in the kiddie blow up pool with Ashlyn -lol
    hubby got 2 home depot gift cards from my son/family and daughter/family -lol

-just hung my towels out at 6.00 lets see if they dry before 9.00

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Today was my 1st Fathers Day without my dad. It's only been two months and it's just surreal.
    Spent the weekend again with my mom, the end is near. She is out of the house and into her apartment. The movers will move all the boxes and big stuff this week but I am away for work so DH will assist. I am back there again next weekend and then hopefully that's it unless I am just visiting.
    I am so happy that I maximize my PCO points as older DS had a plan for dinner and I returned home to realize we had no steak or shrimp. But this week I had the PCO beef offer. So that helped when my rush shopping when I spent 120.00 for what was mostly dinner. I had the pointd to cover it so that made it less painful.
    I have an early flight and still need to pack and it's going to be hot this week.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning would love to go to talize today 50% off-but don't feel like it too hot ,plus last night my feet were a bit swollen ( I ran around in the car to 3 different stores yesterday

just gonna chill today mostly in the house -maybe finish my foam hockey puzzle
    supper tonight will be pasta

-finally my dear son got on board with the p.c optium -my daughter and I were trying to tell him how good a program it is and he always buys his milk at shoppers as its not far from his house

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today is the coolest day in the forecast with a high of 24. I plan on using the oven a fair bit today. Apple-rhubarb crisp has been requested. A large cook’s ham will be roasted for tonignt’s Supper. I want to do a foil packet of potatoes and onion too.

Here are some meal plans.
    Monday supper roast ham, potato and onion, canned pineapple.
    Tuesday supper roast ham crescent rolls, steamed cauliflower, sliced raw apple
    Wednesday supper Roast ham & waffles with grapes
    Wednesday or Thursday lunch Pitas with alfalfa sprouts (currently growing in a jar), cucumber, cheese, ham
    Thursday supper nacho meat and veggie sauce, corn chips with melted marble cheese, sour cream, salsa.

I’ll strip and freeze the rest of the ham for future meals. I bought it at No Frills this weekend for $1.96/lb + 100pts/$1 in personal points offer. I had to submit a ticket through the app, but they credited me for the 2 hams that I purchased. I wasn’t sure if they would or I may have bought 3 hams.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Jun 18th, 2018 at 11:03 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    morning would love to go to talize today 50% off-but don't feel like it too hot ,plus last night my feet were a bit swollen ( I ran around in the car to 3 different stores yesterday

just gonna chill today mostly in the house -maybe finish my foam hockey puzzle
    supper tonight will be pasta

-finally my dear son got on board with the p.c optium -my daughter and I were trying to tell him how good a program it is and he always buys his milk at shoppers as its not far from his house
    glad your son is on board
    he will enjoy the savings

speaking of savings, for ON residents, the new ON conservative government announced today
    - No more free lunches on the tax pay dime. Did not know that we were paying for lunches. That's a good thing.
    - No more print newspapers at Queens’s park. Online only. Saves money on printing.
    - Hiring freeze is on. I think they want to see how big the mess is moneywise and they they will see how to spend the best way.

Very frugal thinking
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

made banana chocolate chip muffins before 6.30 a.m this morning
    cleaned the shower stall ,cleaned 3 toilets
    finished my foam puzzle one is missing -so I just chuck it ,nothing more frustrating than missing pieces
    called my prescriptions in
    cleaned out one tea towel drawer -tossed a few items for rags for hubby

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information