User Tag List

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: June 2018 Frugal Chatter thread (congrats to new graduates)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am so excited-going on my dream trip to Katmai National Park in Alaska-next week!! Hoping to see the fish jumping and the bears fishing at Brooks Falls-even though it will be a bit early in the season. Not at all frugal flying around Alaska on float planes- but given I love watching the bears online( explore.org-the action will peak mid July)I will really enjoy it! I am working the next 3 days so that should help fund my last minute splurge-I think I must have gotten in on a cancellation as they are usually booked by lottery 18 months in advance. I just emailed on a whim yesterday. I am sure these rustic cabins are 1 star at best and I will be rained on and bitten by mosquitoes but....as long as I don't get to close to the bears all will be well!
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Jun 20th, 2018 at 02:07 PM.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I don't know which is worse right now, reading the news or not reading it. Maybe I'm irate because I have children that are 1 and 4.

Still no Loblaws card and the website says the same old thing it's said for. I decided to call in and since it's been more than the 12 weeks, she added a note to the file. I'm to check over the next few weeks to see if the status has changed.

I set our property tax to be paid up automatically over the next few months. No danger of forgetting now!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am bored oh bored...I called the new pharmacy to order my blister pack for tomorrow so I will be picking up tomorrow before I see psych nurse.

I am trying not to eat all the new food in my place but it makes me want to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh lovely I have a full fledge cold (from my granddaughter's I imagine )I am sneezing and a tiny bit of sore throat ,so I called the opthamologist to see if I still have eye surgery on Friday -yep that shouldn't matter she said -so I was on the couch watching a chef show but got tired of it so whipper snipped the back yard

this morning made soup with a tiny bit of turkey left in the freezer -it was good -I had no celery but made do cut up a small potatoe ,carrots, parsley,onions and the bit of turkey have a bowl for Thursday lunch and one in freezer

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

New washer makes lots of sounds and two cycles did not progress once the wash water was filled to the level needed (the leg levelling is not good and sibling won't adjust what the store employees set, so I'll have to MacGyver the leg levelling on my own this week-otherwise the machine rocks diagonally (during spin cycles) like R2D2 robot when he's excited in the Star Wars movie). Given that high-efficiency washers have longer cycles, each and every cycle that is stalled until I notice it later makes me want to hold down the start/pause button for 3 sec and have the machine drain. I did that yesterday when I accidentally set the machine to soak (setting below the cold wash I wanted) and noticed 2-3sec of agitation then *crickets* (no agitation for several sections). Hit that button and started over again. Yesterday was ideal weather for drying laundry outdoors, so I kept washing loads after I finished my morning lawn mowing and hanging washing outside. It gave Mom a bit of break-she got the tv to herself (rare occurrence) to watch some show on real estate listings in England because she did not feel like getting on with a task she started.

Mom wanted me to get those small kitchen green bin bags but I said we can make do with layers of flyer pages in the can until next week. I instead asked to use $15 for some grocery items to take us into the weekend. Next Wednesday, we'll do a bigger grocery shop prior to the long weekend to restock some staples and fruit.

This morning, I made a curried lentil stew with some of the carrots and celery on hand. Yum! Enjoyed a Granny Smith apple, hemp seeds and berry juice too. Had Ruffles chips for a noon-time snack and some raspberry syrup mixed into water for a beverage.

I was surprised that yesterday's little chance of rain occurred after supper last night. The moisture gave the lawn and the flowers an extra drink! Actually while I was mowing yesterday, the sky kept turning a watery gray while the sun faded-causing problems for me to discern where I had cut grass with my sunglasses on (in the area under the trees). Funnily, around 6pm, I was taking in the last of the laundry and I distinctly felt a tiny drop of water on one forearm. I made it to the library that night just before the rain came down!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I raked more of the front lawn again this morning and pulled weeds. I weeded 1/2 of the carrots, weeded the yellow string beans yesterday. I do some yard work pretty much any time that I am outside, even with our kids. Our little girl is very good at yard work and loves to help. I watered the veggies in the back yard before we headed inside for lunch.
    Last edited by Angela273; Wed, Jun 20th, 2018 at 08:50 PM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Happy with my accomplishments on my day off yesterday and even took my mom out for a bit which was good. She told me to take her car tonight since DS and I have to go out of town so I have kept her car for a few days. (she can't drive right now and doesn't want her brand new car just sitting there)

I am making homemade healthy ceaser dressing and need 2 more items before I can make it (from Costco this weekend) Total cost to get started is about $50 lol. But will be able to make it many times (big bottle of Avocado oil from Costco $13. Cider vinegar $7.79 etc) Both kids love ceasar salad and romaine has started being on sale and will be all summer so good timing.
    Will make up mini salads for DS to be able to make quick for lunch when he is home with chicken etc. And they can make chicken ceasar wraps so will get lots of meals out of it.

Put away all the laundry last night and made youngest DS's bed with fresh sheets. Will do the oldests this weekend.
    Can't wait to tackle both kids closets but that will have to wait till I'm done the livingroom. Will have so many free hangers when I'm done

Have a great day everyone!
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I took a picture of our son before he went to his last day of school. Now I have a picture of him on his first and last days of Kindergarten. They are having a pizza party and going swimming in the afternoon.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It looks like it is going to rain outside...it’s terrible but at least the heatwave is gone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Sunny, breezy and slightly cool day in Hamilton! Decided it was time to walk across the Mountain (something I thought of doing this year when I was near the Upper Stoney Creek Cdn Tire in January) and boy is there so much gravel on the road and sidewalks east of Upper Ottawa St! I tweeted to the City about some sections needing attention plus crosswalks that are potholed and such. When I got to the McDonald's at Upper Centennial Pkwy, their tv was showing a baseball game but not World Cup soccer (so I missed seeing Argentina losing to Croatia). Decided I was deserving of a $1 pop, so I enjoyed my hydration break and walked back to Turner Park. Popped into the new Shoppers on the way back (had a cart from a bus stop to return)-very posh beauty section! Did not explore other areas but store is still shiny new.

Bought a couple of $1 scratch lottery tickets and had no win. Visited a couple of stores to check on handbag prices-think I might have a suggestion for Mom but it's her call on the budget.

Had a hot chocolate at McDonalds (free) last night-as it was cool after 8pm, the rich drink was very welcome on my walk home. Did not find many cans last night but 3 were better than 0.

I'm looking forward to reading the June/July issue of Vitality magazine as it is one of three free publications that is hard to find in my area of late. Thought the move to digital issues had been completed by now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Frugal but busy week, no money spent since Sunday as I was out of the country for work. I am not sure we even need much for groceries. Freezer is chock full after some great meat deals and I cleaned it today after something landed on me so now I can see what we have. I found a McDonald's coffee card on the weekend with 4 stickers on it. That was a nice bonus.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

tonight treated hubby and I to swiss chalet to can dine for 15.99(I went and picked it up) used a gift card up from xmas only had to pay $1.05 for our 2 quarter chicken dinners

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    I did grocery shop Wednesday night which was good because as much as I hoped it was horrible allergies I now have a cold. Yesterday it felt like a head cold but now it feels like it is going to my chest which isn't making me happy. So I am working from home today to contain my germs.

I didn't buy too much on Wednesday, I got:
    Pantene Shampoo & Condition $3.98 each - $2.50 WUB 2 plus 300 PC Points for every $3 spent (I got 8 - 4 Shampoo, 4 Conditioner)
    Yogurt $1.98 plus 200 pts for every dollar spent (I got 4)
    Bananas $0.57/lb plus 100 pts for every dollar spent
    Mushrooms $3.98 (big Naturally imprefect pack) plus 200 pts for every dollar spent
    Ground Beef $2.98/lb plus 300 pts per dollar spent
    Peppers $2/lb plus 100 pts per dollar spent
    Apples $1.27/lb (more then I normally spend but we needed fruit so I just grabbed 3 to get us to next week)
    Milk $4.27

I haven't looked at this week flyers but I am really hoping for some good fruit and veg sales. Will try to look at the flyers as the day goes on and see what our plan is for next week.

My time as AR is officially over so now I wait until I am needed somewhere else, so for a little bit I get to just be me which will be nice for a bit. We are hiring 3 people which will probably happen very close together so life will get insane again since they are all in different locations.

Hope everyone has a great day.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2018 at 08:54 AM.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS is going to an end of school party tomorrow at a classmates house. Asked what I can send and the mother said whatever I wanted so watermelon it is Party is from 2pm till midnight ;0 Pizza for dinner. Kids are so lucky!
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Jun 22nd, 2018 at 12:08 PM.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well had my eye surgery today -I have a headache from the drops they put in but I can see so much better ,have to use drops 4 times a day for a week

-gotta go rest my eyes he told me not to read for a few days

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information