User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pomegranates!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gameprogirl View Post
    I thought they were a normal household thing. I've been eating them forever lol, at least 28 yrs. I bought 10 of em last year and payed only 25 cents each. This year I got 2 for a buck. We make a big mess and love it, my dog loves em too.

Have you guys ever had applepears?
    I've had em! I know them as Asian pears, they usually come individually wrap mesh at the grocery store.

I've had grapples and a plumcot before also!

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Ooh, so many new things to try!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

gameprogirl, I love applepears (asian pears) - such a cool texture and so juicy!
    One fruit I wanted to try this summer, but didn't because the price was still so high - was the Grapple - they only came in four packs for about $4.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

I paid about 4-5 bucks r the grapples but indulged cuz I wanted to try them so bad. I found they just tastes like apples not grapey

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

they r staples in my household, i even use their molasses in cooking! which is highly concentrated pomigranates juice

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

How do you guys eat pomegranates like popcorn in the living room?
    The only way I can eat them is standing over the sink with my sleeves rolled up and I still have to wipe the juice up that spatters all over the kitchen! I do love them though.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

abbasgirl, I separate all the arils (So cool to learn a new word!) first - get it all done at one shot. And that isn't very messy either, just don't cut right into the fruit, I kinda make cuts at one end, and crack it open in pieces, then separate the membranes and get those arils out - when you do it section by section, it's rare that any burst open to get things messy. (I do this in front of the tv with a few bowls, plastic bag, and paper towels, because it takes a while!)
    Then I put all the arils in a container and enjoy!

Just noticed in a flyer today that they are selling a small container of just the arils, but it's SO pricey for the amount you get.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I cut it in four and sumberge them in a bowl with water, no mess opening it up at all. The nicer deeper red thats uniform the less bitter.

You can eat the pith (the white stuff) but its a natural diuretic... so you'll be running for the bathroom, I don't recommend it.

Tonight I took all the seeds out and used my jack lalanne juicer and used the pom, some cucumber and a pear to make a tall glass of wonderful juice. I'll have to pick more up, the ones at Zehrs tonight were pretty sad looking.

The ones I got last month were so much nicer looking.
    Last edited by Sally888; Sat, Jan 7th, 2012 at 12:47 AM.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I cut it in four and sumberge them in a bowl with water, no mess opening it up at all. The nicer deeper red thats uniform the less bitter.

You can eat the pith (the white stuff) but its a natural diuretic... so you'll be running for the bathroom, I don't recommend it.

Tonight I took all the seeds out and used my jack lalanne juicer and used the pom, some cucumber and a pear to make a tall glass of wonderful juice. I'll have to pick more up, the ones at Zehrs tonight were pretty sad looking.

The ones I got last month were so much nicer looking.
    Yum, that juice sounds delicious! What do you look for when you're shopping for a pomegranate? The color, the size?
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I love pomegranates, but they are oh so messy! and I think the juice stains....but it's soooo good!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the tips, guys! I'll have to practice them over the sink with my sleeves rolled up until I'm sure I have it right.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information